BBL04 FINAL: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. What a finish.

Have to give credit to Brett Lee, has been a superstar of the limited overs game(s) and delivered big time in that last over. NCN and Whiteman's shots look bad but the deliveries were perfect and they were lured into those shots by excellent field placements.

Which brings me to Moises, who really ought to have been MOTM tonight. Great with the bat to give them a shot, great and clever with the ball (NCN could have learned a thing or two about how to bowl on that pitch, as could Cummins) and his decision to bring on Lyon was absolutely inspired. Didn't deserve to be the one who lost it for them in the end.

Wow. What a finish.

Have to give credit to Brett Lee, has been a superstar of the limited overs game(s) and delivered big time in that last over. NCN and Whiteman's shots look bad but the deliveries were perfect and they were lured into those shots by excellent field placements.

Which brings me to Moises, who really ought to have been MOTM tonight. Great with the bat to give them a shot, great and clever with the ball (NCN could have learned a thing or two about how to bowl on that pitch, as could Cummins) and his decision to bring on Lyon was absolutely inspired. Didn't deserve to be the one who lost it for them in the end.

But we won we won we won!!!!! Back to back - woweeeee!!!

But we won we won we won!!!!! Back to back - woweeeee!!!
Yes, excellent to see. I was shaking before that last delivery was bowled. Arafat did very well to keep it out, actually. Thank God for the fumble. :)

Back to back baby! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. What a finish.

I don't want to start a argument but I disagree with the Henriques part. He batted well really well but when it came to fielding the no ball wasn't all bollingers fault mainly Henriques fault should of known better and also gave dougie a spray which wasn't need. And Lyon pretty much begged him to bowl him. So in my opinion Henriques had it coming to him when he dropped it

Sorry but, with respect, I'm not even sure what the point of your post is?!

you're saying the crowd leaving is embarrassing. I reckon it's completely normal, the presentation was shitty anyway

I don't want to start a argument but I disagree with the Henriques part. He batted well really well but when it came to fielding the no ball wasn't all bollingers fault mainly Henriques fault should of known better and also gave dougie a spray which wasn't need. And Lyon pretty much begged him to bowl him. So in my opinion Henriques had it coming to him when he dropped it
That is so, so harsh.

Yes, but he has a rep/aura as much more of a wicket-taker than his record suggests. Was genuinely surprised when I looked up his stats. Thought he'd have a T20 strike rate of like 16-17. He doesn't even average one wicket per game.
Punter hit the nail on the head when he mentioned pace. Lee can't match his aura anymore because he can't bowl 150 anymore. He did develop into an incredibly intelligent and consistent T20 bowler, though.

you're saying the crowd leaving is embarrassing. I reckon it's completely normal, the presentation was shitty anyway

Of course it was embarrassing. And, if you think it would have been "normal" for the crowd in Perth (where it would have otherwise been played) to leave before the presentations ... that's your call, I guess. But you'd be 100% wrong. Seriously, why are you even arguing this? :eek:

Mind you - Lee's 10 runs before the first legal delivery of the 18th over is what got the Scorchers back in the game. The 20th over was a beauty though. So Lee is also a hero and villain in the same match.

Mind you - Lee's 10 runs before the first legal delivery of the 18th over is what got the Scorchers back in the game. The 20th over was a beauty though. So Lee is also a hero and villain in the same match.

Lee only gave up 10 runs because Doug the rug wasn't in the circle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back