Your ethically questionable behaviours

Live a Western lifestyle, which would take more than 2.5 Earths to support if everyone on the planet did it.

I don't see anything wrong with that Because it takes less than 1 australia to support that sort of lifestyle it if everybody in Australia were to live it.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
One of the best and most direct insults I have seen in a long time on BF. Kudos.

While it was accurate, I don't consider it an 'insult'

People steal when they can, and target the big companies, because that is the way to minimise any financial pain. No one really wants to rob the local supermarket, because they're just small businness owners...

People steal from the faceless and the nameless when they can, because it's the most ethical way to steal...

It's pretty hard to avoid the main two supermarkets - Our 'agency at the checkout' is bound by the structural forces that we are forced into...

I rarely steal, because I feel like I am bad at it... I'm a terrible liar and I feel like I'll get caught (even though I haven't, but mostly because I rarely steal/only steal tiny things at a time... if at all..)

If I did, it wouldn't be an 'act of rebellion', it would be as a result of my best economic interests... I don't make heaps of money - I don't spend heaps of money, I save where I can. It's funny, when companies do the same, by cutting down on staff, or taking shortcuts, it's called a 'business decision' - If we do the same, we potentially have the cops called on us...

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't understand people who get bent out of shape about pushing the button, then walking before it goes green.

If I am on a busy road and expect to need the lights to cross, I will press the button. But if an unexpected break in traffic comes first - for sure, I will just cross against the lights. Once the button's pressed, it's pressed. Doesn't make a difference to anyone in a car if I wait or not.

I do understand the frustration with people who press the button on quiet roads where it is unnecessary.

If I see a traffic cone whilst I am walking home from a night out, it's coming home with me. Likewise I always steal jugs and pot glasses from the university pub I go to.

I justify this because The presumption of theft has clearly already been factored into the price. 16$ for a jug of boags. 18$ for a jug of Carlton draught.

Also once at uni there was a piece of concrete that had been setting all day because they had replaced the previous part as it was cracked. Well I poked it with my finger and it cracked again straight away. I felt like Thor, but the poor guy who fixed it would have come back the next day and been heartbroken

PaddyO

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2014
Get off my lawn.
AFL Club
Richmond
If I see a traffic cone whilst I am walking home from a night out, it's coming home with me. Likewise I always steal jugs and pot glasses from the university pub I go to.

I justify this because The presumption of theft has clearly already been factored into the price. 16$ for a jug of boags. 18$ for a jug of Carlton draught.
This is such campaigner ethics.

So if theft is factored into costs, you're the campaigner that's driving up prices for everyone else?

* off.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hope the people refusing to buy caged eggs aren't just rocking up to the coles/woolies deli to buy chicken breast/thigh.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I sit in the train and don't give my seat up. I attract fatties, preggers, morons, oldies and solid 9's who think i will just get up and give the hard earned seat away.

* dat s**t.

I guarantee tonight when i get the train, i will hit about 5 preggers and 5 old carnts in the same carriage. It's a pressure gig

I
This is such campaigner ethics.

So if theft is factored into costs, you're the campaigner that's driving up prices for everyone else?

**** off.
I was making a joke about the bloke on the previous page, but yeah If am drunk and I have already spend 80$ at the pub I don't feel any guilt about stealing a plastic jug. Most uni kids are kleptomaniacs and the best steals are considered prized trophies

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Found two $50 notes on the ground at work before Christmas a few years ago. Handed them to our front desk and a few hrs later old mate came in asking if anyone had found 100.

I got called up when he came to the desk and he was crying...saying how much it meant to him that I returned the cash and times were hard for old mate.

He asked the bird at the desk to break the $50 and offered me $20. Told him nah its cool and away we went.

I'm a Goodfellow

I once offered my seat in a bloody packed train to a lady with crutches and she went absolutely mental at me for offering her the seat and because she was handicapped doesn't mean I should insult her by getting off my chair for her and more along those lines for quite sometime.

You do once nice thing...

There's a difference between ethically questionable and being a ******* campaigner.
Indeed there is.

Domestic violence jokes are puerile and not even slightly funny. That poster now has a two week holiday.

MCE

Senior List
Apr 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Eat free samples without ever buying the product or having intention to buy

There's a difference between ethically questionable and being a ******* campaigner.

Indeed there is.

Domestic violence jokes are puerile and not even slightly funny. That poster now has a two week holiday.

Heh, at first glance these posts looked related. Guessing the actual offending post has been removed.

Heh, at first glance these posts looked related. Guessing the actual offending post has been removed.
Correct.

Eat free samples without ever buying the product or having intention to buy
If I'm dragged along by the other half to go shopping and there's a T2 around, I'll go in and 'sample' their tastings. Free drink, yes please.

Back