WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me if the amount of money being spent in div 2 is normal for this league??

I'm new to it and WOW some clubs are throwing money out the door

Can anyone tell me if the amount of money being spent in div 2 is normal for this league??

I'm new to it and WOW some clubs are throwing money out the door
Yep pretty normal but then some of the lower players in the team are getting paid peanuts or nothing at all

Recruiting the right players is huge and knowing a clubs limitations money wise wests went really hard last year & played in a gf if they can keep that group together they will give it a real shake. Parkside have always had a strong core group of blokes and it was just a matter of getting guys who could take them to that next level. Clubs that stay stagnant though run the risk of being left behind which has happened over the last few years.

Does somebody want to start off with a ladder prediction ?
As far as ladder its so far out many teams are still out trying to get what they need & trying to hold on to their core group of players. Better holding off until the silly season is over having said that I am already pretty confident that Yarraville, Wests & the Falcons all have quality playing groups at this level and should occupy the top half of the ladder.....

With the new year having begun let's see what our divvy 2 are hoping for in 2015

Caroline springs - retirement of Lakey so he can pull the black, white, yellow & gold in 2016
Nth footscray - a recruit that's not ex hoppers and under the age of 30
Yarraville/Seddon - more ups and downs than the hookers on geelong road but let's hope for some consistency in 2015
Glen Orden - recruits are $2 hookers and take the cash, play in a flag and piss off so let's hope for some long term recruits. They are also hoping their ex premiership coach doesn't take all the players to SL sharks......
Wyndham vale - ahhh the bridesmaids. Just hoping they can make the altar instead of handing over the wedding rings each year
Sunshine heights - a senior coach who stays for 2 years
West Footscray - they got a dunny door for the opposition rooms a couple of seasons ago so nothing on the wish list

With the new year having begun let's see what our divvy 2 are hoping for in 2015

Caroline springs - retirement of Lakey so he can pull the black, white, yellow & gold in 2016
Nth footscray - a recruit that's not ex hoppers and under the age of 30
Yarraville/Seddon - more ups and downs than the hookers on geelong road but let's hope for some consistency in 2015
Glen Orden - recruits are $2 hookers and take the cash, play in a flag and piss off so let's hope for some long term recruits. They are also hoping their ex premiership coach doesn't take all the players to SL sharks......
Wyndham vale - ahhh the bridesmaids. Just hoping they can make the altar instead of handing over the wedding rings each year
Sunshine heights - a senior coach who stays for 2 years
West Footscray - they got a dunny door for the opposition rooms a couple of seasons ago so nothing on the wish list
In reply I think north have recruited quite well Tyson bock has really good wraps I have heard orden have recruited well also. YSE have also picked up a few country boys which should hold them in good stead, west & Falcons will be there abouts again. Manor lakes have lost a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glen orden signing a couple of handy players manor only losing twos players in barnwell and Stratton who are putrid players anyways

Heard that they've lost more than just putrid twos players

Gong by the latest on BF it sounds like Nth Footscray are ready to give it a good shake, after reality gave them a good slap in the face in their first year back down im Div 2. Hard to go past them at this stage though.

Anybody heard about any praccy games teed up? Or how teams have shaped up in any interclub matches? Any new recruits impress or big improvers on last year? Training numbers so far this pre season?
Have West Footscray managed to keep there list together? Has Yze re-signed or walked like 99.9% of us all predicted?
How can people see Yarraville going in
there first year back down in div 2?
Any news on the Vales new coach? Whats he like, how have the players coped with the change? Has Denerley moved on or will he still be playing?
Has Diker really moved to Tarniet to coach or is that a load crap?
Have Heights appointed a new coach or picked up any new recruits?

Gong by the latest on BF it sounds like Nth Footscray are ready to give it a good shake, after reality gave them a good slap in the face in their first year back down im Div 2. Hard to go past them at this stage though.

Anybody heard about any praccy games teed up? Or how teams have shaped up in any interclub matches? Any new recruits impress or big improvers on last year? Training numbers so far this pre season?
Have West Footscray managed to keep there list together? Has Yze re-signed or walked like 99.9% of us all predicted?
Any news on the Vales new coach? Whats he like, how have the players coped with the change? Has Denerley moved on or will he still be playing?
Wouldn't go there. Don't have the bankroll he would require for the players he wants

Does anyone know of a club looking to play a Practice match mid Feb? Division one EDFL side looking for a game.

Was a article in local paper talking up nth and there recruits,coach said looking at Parkside model?
West have added 3 from Spotswood and lost only two yze brothers, boofa mc Naulty to dominate comp
Yarraville have gained at least 12 players from edfl teams and divi 1 wrfl flag favourites
Luke is still playing at falcons and have picked up some class to take next step all will be revealed on Monday when clearances open

Was a article in local paper talking up nth and there recruits,coach said looking at Parkside model?
West have added 3 from Spotswood and lost only two yze brothers, boofa mc Naulty to dominate comp
Yarraville have gained at least 12 players from edfl teams and divi 1 wrfl flag favourites
Luke is still playing at falcons and have picked up some class to take next step all will be revealed on Monday when clearances open

Who's the 3 blokes from spotty they picked up west? Where's boof gone to? Heard he got offered 900 a game to go to west did he end up there? Buying a flag looks like!

West think they have it in the bag, but they have a bunch of nothing but Div 2 players running around on that ordinary ground down there. They are kidding themselves. Their coach shafted the other bloke so can't be trusted. Good luck to the recruits getting paid as not sure where the money is going to come from.

Love the banter of those who know SFA. From what I hear West have recruited decent enough to be competitive again. Yes the ground isn't the best but it's a ground and doesn't get the attention all new sides in Comp get. And the " coach " shafting another ? Well that's a story for the times and for the ignorant. Yes this is a site for local football, how about talk about that instead of the dribble you posted.

Love the banter of those who know SFA. From what I hear West have recruited decent enough to be competitive again. Yes the ground isn't the best but it's a ground and doesn't get the attention all new sides in Comp get. And the " coach " shafting another ? Well that's a story for the times and for the ignorant. Yes this is a site for local football, how about talk about that instead of the dribble you posted.

You're right this is a site for local football and it sounds as though you're personally invested in the club (West). So instead of jumping on the defensive claiming that people are ignorant and know SFA why not simply set the record straight?
The best way to stop people from posting dribble would be to answer the questions that were asked. There are people reading who are genuinely interested in how things are shaping up down there.

WOW, sorry Gameplan, didn't know my post would cause that sort of response. I must have hit the nail on the head there with he call on the coach. Perhaps you can shed some light on what happened there? Also, who are the players they have picked up that are going to keep them competitive? This is the sort of stuff we want to hear about local football.

Coach also ruffling feathers at old club ringing up players telling them not to play 1st division

Coach also ruffling feathers at old club ringing up players telling them not to play 1st division

Ha ha and here is the brains trust behind Parkside. Once again the all knowing almighty isackedsheppa has a say, interesting comment especially from you, who are these players you speak of ? And if it be know I know of 4 current West players that your coach and captain have called to go and play there. Just worry about the few you have at your club and good luck in Div 1.

WOW, sorry Gameplan, didn't know my post would cause that sort of response. I must have hit the nail on the head there with he call on the coach. Perhaps you can shed some light on what happened there? Also, who are the players they have picked up that are going to keep them competitive? This is the sort of stuff we want to hear about local football.

Any sort or reply would be considered a " response " don't you think ? Maybe the coach you speak of can answer that for himself, I'm sure he looks on here ? From what I have heard it was money related and got an offer up Ballan to be assistant to Mark Williams ( ex afl ) that was too hard to refuse. But he can elaborate on that. Nothing sinister just life and money doing to footy what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back