Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those regular training attendees can i get some progress on the following:

Harry Reems salim malik

Matt Taberner
Alex Pearce
Tanner Smith

Taberner has been superb, in fact one of our best at TTHD.

Tanner Smith still has his right shoulder strapped and was still with the rehab group on Monday.

Sheriff will give you a progress report on Alex Pearce, but from what I have seen he is coming along well.

Tanner Smith still has his right shoulder strapped and was still with the rehab group on Monday.

Sheriff will give you a progress report on Alex Pearce, but from what I have seen he is coming along well.

Look out!

For those regular training attendees can i get some progress on the following:

Harry Reems salim malik

I haven't seen Harry at all this pre season which leads me to think he is not giving great effort since I'm usually there twice a week. Salim is still giving great effort although I haven't seen much of him post Christmas.

I haven't seen Harry at all this pre season which leads me to think he is not giving great effort since I'm usually there twice a week. Salim is still giving great effort although I haven't seen much of him post Christmas.

After all the excitement that supporters had over Harry's training reports when he first began, I wonder whether he's on the outer. I can't see him being selected for a podcast this season unless he's willing to step up his game.

After all the excitement that supporters had over Harry's training reports when he first began, I wonder whether he's on the outer. I can't see him being selected for a podcast this season unless he's willing to step up his game.

I get the feeling it's make or break for Harry this pre-season. Before you know it he'll be relegated to Peel match reports.

In other news Sam Durdin (the KPD we overlooked) has already signed a one year contract extension with North Melbourne without even playing a game. I hope that one doesn't come back to bite us in the arse.

I think we should give what we have a good go of developing in the KPD positions. You got to trust your selections and give them time. Just continuesly topping up may not work especially for talls which take a bit longer to get going sometimes.

In other news Sam Durdin (the KPD we overlooked) has already signed a one year contract extension with North Melbourne without even playing a game. I hope that one doesn't come back to bite us in the arse.
I don't think it was a matter of us not rating Durdin, more that we rated Weller higher and couldn't pass him up at our pick. I was keen for Jake Lever and I think all three will be very good, barring injury.

We are talking about the same club that signed Waite and Higgins while letting go of Greenwood? Yeah, I am not concerned on what they do on their contract discussions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little has been said about Ibbo. He is training really well and may help fill the void while Jonno is out.

Silvagni has been directly on Pav and they have had some good one on one duels in match sims. Silvagni looks more confident and athletic this preseason.
I made the comment a week or so ago that it was a real bonus having Ibbo back fit. I don't think we've had our best backline all in one place for quite a long time. I consider this (McPh, Daws, MJ, Ibbo, Duff, Sutty, Spurr) very tough to score against.

I mentioned in my report yesterday that Silvagni looks in ripping nick which is also a bonus. I don't have him in my first 3 tall defenders picked but he's definitely first reserve and should play plenty of footy this year.

Alex Pearce is looking awesome. His mobility is fantastic and he looks significantly stronger. He still has to put on some more muscle to play as a key position player at AFL level, but I could see him play on the third tall in 2015. Our most athletic key defender draftee than I can remember (Tarrant and Lukey Mac were trades). He has been missing from training this last week as far as I can tell, but that might be just so he can spend some more time in the gym. A.Pearce, Apeness, Wellar and Blakely are all going to be fantastic long-term players for the club. IMO our last two drafts will reap significant rewards.

Last edited:
Boys have 3 days off to recharge the batteries I hear? Can someone have a look at training on Monday & see how many 1st & 2nd yr players are training? Believe that a few have few niggles that might keep them out for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back