Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

So, how about those unpopular MUSICAL opinions huh?

To get back on topic...

I find guitar virtuosos, and even guitarists like Slash, to be incredibly boring.

I hope those Chan and Sukamaran clowns in Bali are forced to listen to Chet Shitbeard Faker before they get offed next month

So, how about those unpopular MUSICAL opinions huh?

To get back on topic...

I find guitar virtuosos, and even guitarists like Slash, to be incredibly boring.

Yeah, doesn't everybody? I don't know tons of people who listen to Yngwie Malmsteen ...

Yeah, doesn't everybody? I don't know tons of people who listen to Yngwie Malmsteen ...
Maybe it's because I did a music course, but I know way too many people who listen to Ted Nugent and Satch and proclaim them as Gods.

I think you're missing the point that a friends circle with drug use is part of the gateway. If your friends start to try new things there is an expectation on someone they will follow suit. Deny that all you want, but it happens. In addition, people are always after the next best thing. And I never said it was as bad as meth, but to think there is no side effects cocaine use is in fact ludicrous.

And whether frank takes drugs or not is entirely irrelevant to what I think of him.
I never said cocaine was free of issues. It isn't. There's physiological and mental issues that come up and of course it's not good for you at all, but to dismiss it as terrible and worthless is over the top. Beer isn't really good for you but is it a worthless or deplorable thing?

Maybe it's because I did a music course, but I know way too many people who listen to Ted Nugent and Satch and proclaim them as Gods.

Well, Steve Vai did make love to the Gods. Or was it for the Gods? Either way, I didn't know anyone other than Ted Nugent thought of Ted Nugent as a God. :O

Not really. But the notion that cocaine is like meth is ludicrous. The idea of 'gateway drugs' is completely ludicrous – it is your social circles and environment that engage that kind of advancement into actual addiction. I don't know, like I just think, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Armadale bogans aren't racking massively expensive lines...

Your hero Frank Ocean loves the s**t too, no doubt.
100% correct. The 'gateway' theory is pure bs, no scientific evidence to support it.

The biggest issue with coke is what the dodgy dealers are lacing it with. Which is certainly not a problem for Hollywood types

I'm no scientist, in regards to gateway though, surely if you feel a high from something and its great you want to to try more things to feel even greater?

I never said cocaine was free of issues. It isn't. There's physiological and mental issues that come up and of course it's not good for you at all, but to dismiss it as terrible and worthless is over the top. Beer isn't really good for you but is it a worthless or deplorable thing?
I felt your previous posts alluded to the fact there was very little that can happen to the body during cocaine use, which is why my argument was so strong against what you said. tbh, studying the human body makes me think that yes even alcohol is terrible (yes I know I'm a genius). But worthless? Not sure where you got that word from, as I think it's each to their own. Yes I do consume plenty of alcohol.

My argument all along was not whether cocaine is fun and enjoyable/ worthy... it was, that it's effects most certainly should not be turned a cold shoulder on or taken lightly.

I felt your previous posts alluded to the fact there was very little that can happen to the body during cocaine use, which is why my argument was so strong against what you said. tbh, studying the human body makes me think that yes even alcohol is terrible (yes I know I'm a genius). But worthless? Not sure where you got that word from, as I think it's each to their own. Yes I do consume plenty of alcohol.

My argument all along was not whether cocaine is fun and enjoyable/ worthy... it was, that it's effects most certainly should not be turned a cold shoulder on or taken lightly.
I just said cocaine wasn't a terrible drug. I'm sure it's amazing fun.

But this is the scenario: you've got no mortgage, you've got no 7am wakeups, you've got people offering you high quality drugs for free, you're with people more famous than you, good looking girls with you... even if you're a singer, coke is probably better for your vocals than coffee. Of course it won't be good for your body but it just isn't that destructive in the way plenty of other drugs can be. I honestly think a few bumps every weekend would take way less toll than two beers after work every night and 20 over the weekend.

And there are so many people who can dabble on weekends and then reach a point where it's not conducive to their lifestyle. So they stop. Just like plenty of people hit 33, have a kid, and don't feel the need to keep drinking or smoking buckets with their friends.

I don't think rockstars need nannying from fans over how they treat their bodies.

In fact, I'd say the most dangerous things about touring aren't drugs and sex, it's the fatigue and stress of travelling every single day and the mental exhaustion that comes from no solid home, the same people within metres of you for months on end, and the s**t food you would tend to eat. No exercise, McDonalds and five long blacks... that's way more damaging than a drug like cocaine.

I just said cocaine wasn't a terrible drug. I'm sure it's amazing fun.

But this is the scenario: you've got no mortgage, you've got no 7am wakeups, you've got people offering you high quality drugs for free, you're with people more famous than you, good looking girls with you... even if you're a singer, coke is probably better for your vocals than coffee. Of course it won't be good for your body but it just isn't that destructive in the way plenty of other drugs can be. I honestly think a few bumps every weekend would take way less toll than two beers after work every night and 20 over the weekend.

And there are so many people who can dabble on weekends and then reach a point where it's not conducive to their lifestyle. So they stop. Just like plenty of people hit 33, have a kid, and don't feel the need to keep drinking or smoking buckets with their friends.

I don't think rockstars need nannying from fans over how they treat their bodies.

In fact, I'd say the most dangerous things about touring aren't drugs and sex, it's the fatigue and stress of travelling every single day and the mental exhaustion that comes from no solid home, the same people within metres of you for months on end, and the s**t food you would tend to eat. No exercise, McDonalds and five long blacks... that's way more damaging than a drug like cocaine.

I agree with the bolded and a lot of what you just said. We slightly argued different cases and thus conclusions. At the end of the day I have no interest in discussing what is worse, I'm just discussing whats what about cocaine (and obviously we don't see exactly eye-to-eye, which is fine), which is entirely independent of other things that you stated.

If vices is going to keep going on topic. I cannot find any reason why someone would use cigarettes, at least with hard drugs you could feel euphoria and confident. If someone could tell me one positive thing I would be amazed.
- licking a garbage can would probably taste better.
- very expensive.
- makes you look like a derelict or trying too hard.
- the purpose of it relaxing you is pointless as you think about how it's destroying every part of your body, therefore more stress.
- have a smell that is offensive to others.
- supporting some if the most disgusting brands in the world.

Seriously I'd like to know because it's baffling to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally hate cigarettes and hate the 'cool' stigma that goes along with them, but often, Smokers couldn't care less about the side effects that you stated

Smoking is a bad boy tactic for boys who have a mum who still makes their bed.

Question to provoke potentially unpopular opinions: what is Blink 182s best single? I think it's Always

Smoking is a bad boy tactic for boys who have a mum who still makes their bed.

Question to provoke potentially unpopular opinions: what is Blink 182s best single? I think it's Always
Would have to be M+Ms off Cheshire Cat. The debut album is 20 years old this year and whilst I'm no fan of the band, I Would argue it is their best album easily.

I wouldn't even say I'm a Blink 182 fan but I always like talking about their singles. I used to hate them. They were so big, and even though I was a kid and not a teenager back at their peak, they were so massive. That whole time seemed so singular, and they summed it up.

Anyway, Pants And Jacket have the inferior singles. Dammit's their best guitar line (and key change) but surely All The Small Things is their best sing-along. I also still think Tom DeLonge is by far the best member. That is not a dick joke. First Date is underrated. Some good lines in it, too. And a good video, too.

I Miss You is mine.
WHERE ARE YYYYYYYOUUUUUU

I found Blink tolerable pre emo stage. Enema of the State had a few good pop punk tunes but they weren't amazing. Travis Barker is a hell of a drummer,Tom DeLonge sounds like a bit of a dick though

Dammit's their best guitar line (and key change)
Um... Dammit has no key change. It's in the key of C the whole way through, and literally the same 4 chords the whole way through.

I'm a huge Blink fan, but a lot of their older albums are mostly filler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back