2014/2015 pre season thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL - a Crow spy was busted peaking through the fence at the closed training today by Barry Curtain!!!

I can picture Bazz "oi fruit tingle ... Yes, you ... piss off back to the chardonnay tent"

The guy was very covert - sunnies, baseball cap pulled down low... The whole hog!!!

Baz snuck up behind him and told him the * off!!! Lol!!!

Someone should ask him about it at talking footy tonight!!!

The guy was very covert - sunnies, baseball cap pulled down low... The whole hog!!!

Baz snuck up behind him and told him the **** off!!! Lol!!!

What were you doing there for a closed session, anyway? ;)

Baz snuck up behind him and told him the **** off!!! Lol!!!

It was probably just Geoffa32 trying to get a fleeting look behind the "tealster" curtain at what his life might have looked like had he not backed the wrong horse.

We need to find a spot for Clurey to hold on to him I suspect. Jonas and Homsch aren't giving theirs up. Happy to see Ken trying something.

Yes, yes and yes. Saw him stand Riewoldt and keep him to 1 goal in a pre-season game.
Him a big bodied mid is no surprise to us. Been much discussed.

LOL - a Crow spy was busted peaking through the fence at the closed training today by Barry Curtain!!!

Well, I guess that they have to find something for van Berlo to do now that he's not Clayton's captain anymore. God knows football isn't his forte, maybe spying will be more his thing?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaki...ho-makes-the-cut/story-fnect155-1227194808450
WITH the AFL pre-season competition just weeks away, clubs are starting to formulate their top 22 players to represent them in 2015.
So who’s in your club’s best 22?
Our writers have put their heads together and come up with the best line-up for all 18 clubs.
PORT ADELAIDE
B: Jarman Impey, Alipate Carlile, Jack Hombsch
HB: Matthew Broadbent, Jackson Trengove, Jasper Pittard
C: Brad Ebert, Ollie Wines, Hamish Hartlett
HF: Chad Wingard, Justin Westhoff, Robbie Gray
F: Paddy Ryder, Jay Schulz, Angus Monfries
FOLL: Matthew Lobbe, Kane Cornes, Travis Boak
I/C: Kane Mitchell, Jared Polec, Matt White, Jake Neade
Not picked: Tom Jonas, Aaron Young, Cam O’Shea, Andrew Moore
http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaki...ho-makes-the-cut/story-fnect155-1227194808450
in .... Impey & Mitchell .. lol ahead of Jonas & O'Shea
Mitchell is NOT in our best 28 let alone best 22
Polec is must to start on wing and Jonas is in best 18 without any doubt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Barry live at the club or something? He's seriously always there. Sometimes I picture a swag set up underneath the West End tap at the bar.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's moved in :)

I reckon if most of us actually saw the training that goes on in those January closed sessions we'd be amazed we don't have 20 players in the medical room at any given time. I hear they are brutal.
They are indeed brutal. Many a player was seen hobbling or sitting out the last part of a session with an ice pack strategically placed on a corkie. White really took exception to Logan's attack on the ball and player in one handball game and fisticuffs would have eventuated if TShirt hadn't just run off unconcerned looking for the next brutal encounter.

Well, I guess that they have to find something for van Berlo to do now that he's not Clayton's captain anymore. God knows football isn't his forte, maybe spying will be more his thing?

Obviously not because he was caught fairly quickly today

They are indeed brutal. Many a player was seen hobbling or sitting out the last part of a session with an ice pack strategically placed on a corkie. White really took exception to Logan's attack on the ball and player in one handball game and fisticuffs would have eventuated if TShirt hadn't just run off unconcerned looking for the next brutal encounter.
Meanwhile at Karparkistan :rolleyes:

captaintex620.jpg

I dont get the point of the padded short things, in a real football game you are going to get knees, elbows, heads and everything smash in to your legs you might as well get ******* used to it in pre-season.
The list is so thin they ain't taking risks? lol

Great to read about the intensity and hardness the boys train with.Thanks for that.

I dont get the point of the padded short things, in a real football game you are going to get knees, elbows, heads and everything smash in to your legs you might as well get ******* used to it in pre-season.
It's the Crows new footy shorts. They're disguising them by making them in the State colours. They've already been approved by a back door deal done with the work experience boy at the AFL House Playing Apparel Commission. They'll be unveiling them at the first Showdown of 2015.

This is were Kane comes into his own. As one of the leagues premier taggers he would/should
be a goldmine of info to anybody Ken earmarks for the role. Watched him fairly closely last year
and the smaller,zippy forwards troubled him a bit. Granted they were often not his direct opponent
but footy can shuffle things up a bit. Good straight line speed but quickly changing direction ummm.
He is after all a fair size and in learning his craft we can't expect him to be all things.
A Moore,Young role thru the midfield maybe. Confidence on the big stage takes time.
Lets be careful we don't jeopardise that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back