Ovens and King 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

So I see that Moyhu and North Wang have joined together to form a new 3rds side. Interesting combination of teams, hope that it works out well though. The league definitely needed an extra 3rds team, especially from the Wangaratta area. The kids need to be encouraged to play footy after juniors, especially if they aren't up to O&M standard.
Any ideas who the coach is? Someone from Moyhu or North Wang or both or independent? Name been spoken of and colours?

Well done to the clubs for putting rivalry and egos aside to join forces to help kids get a game of football.

Bright- Alexander and Jones
Tarra- Raven and Edwards (new)
Milawa- Conroy and O'Keefe
Glenrowan - Robinson and Cunningham
Bonnie Doon- Mahoney and Godsmark (new)
Moyhu- Nath Waite (new)
King Valley - Hayden Murray (new)
Whorouly- McMasters
North Wang- Jay Dale (new)
Benalla- NIck Brown (new)
Greta- Nichols
Goorambat- Nolan

Six new coaches for 2015.
Five clubs going for co-coaches as well!

Jones not coaching at Bright this year - still playing and having a development role with young players, but the senior side will just be coached by Alexander, with new recruit Jason Gentile assistant coach.

Marion Anania (Moyhu) and Glenn Walch (NW) I believe. Good luck to both clubs, I hope it goes well. The more junior teams playing in the comp the better I say!

Ok thanks, that is great news. I hope that they can make a great go of it. As you say, the more teams in the comp the better.

Moore being the biggest loss for Tarra, I think they have done well so far recruiting wise, James Flynn, Danny Allan, Dan mulrooney, lachie canning... All young fit players. Also heard a whisper that they have been talking to ex wang Maggie's player billy Zane, not sure if there is any truth to it.

Has anyone heard of glenrowan or milawa picking up anyone new?

Moore being the biggest loss for Tarra, I think they have done well so far recruiting wise, James Flynn, Danny Allan, Dan mulrooney, lachie canning... All young fit players. Also heard a whisper that they have been talking to ex wang Maggie's player billy Zane, not sure if there is any truth to it.

Has anyone heard of glenrowan or milawa picking up anyone new?

Zane is playing for Tarra. Milawa's confirmed recruits are Brent Newton, Jeremy Lawford and Josh Naish at this stage.

Talk going around that all blacks have picked up a few footballers in the off season and are getting plenty of numbers to training, could be a club on the rise again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you call ordinary reserves players "footballers" then yes they have

Interesting reading in the chronicle article on Monday that the coach said by all reports that Cody Taylor wasn't going to play footy this year. I would have thought as coach he would have spoken to him considering he was their best player last year!

Interesting reading in the chronicle article on Monday that the coach said by all reports that Cody Taylor wasn't going to play footy this year. I would have thought as coach he would have spoken to him considering he was their best player last year!
GIF... fair assumption but a little bit off the mark, you can only interpret what you read, which is what Nonch is told...sorry to be criptic ......that aside mate I enjoy reading your posts, always good value...Thanks for the coverage Nonch. Sam MacGregor has been training with VFL side Sandringham while he was playing for us over the last 2 years....would be good for him to get a gig there or near abouts in the Metro leagues.

GIF... fair assumption but a little bit off the mark, you can only interpret what you read, which is what Nonch is told...sorry to be criptic ......that aside mate I enjoy reading your posts, always good value...Thanks for the coverage Nonch. Sam MacGregor has been training with VFL side Sandringham while he was playing for us over the last 2 years....would be good for him to get a gig there or near abouts in the Metro leagues.

There was a little bit more to what Nick said, but we didn't go too far into it. His understanding was that Cody signed on for two years last year, but it sounds as if he wants to play elsewhere. I've heard since that it might be at Wang Rovers, but haven't confirmed that.

There was a little bit more to what Nick said, but we didn't go too far into it. His understanding was that Cody signed on for two years last year, but it sounds as if he wants to play elsewhere. I've heard since that it might be at Wang Rovers, but haven't confirmed that.

I believe Cody did sign on for 2 years, I think the issue was he did not win the B & F last year, I heard he was so upset presentation night, that he left and was later found crying underneath the Monash Bridge in Benalla

I believe Cody did sign on for 2 years, I think the issue was he did not win the B & F last year, I heard he was so upset presentation night, that he left and was later found crying underneath the Monash Bridge in Benalla
Bit harsh on the boy! From what I've seen the kid can play and should only get better, if he has signed a 2 year contract then should honour it regardless of rumours of possibly playing at higher level. Would be a big blow for the blacks to lose a good young player like himself. I'm all for testing yourself at a higher level but honour your contract you signed!

That have already put 14 clearances in for players coming to the club. Put that with the amount that come to the club last year it looks like they are going in the right direction.

had a look last night and its up over 20 now with only a couple going out....I reckon they'll be a force. Suppose we'll find out on good Friday.....

had a look last night and its up over 20 now with only a couple going out....I reckon they'll be a force. Suppose we'll find out on good Friday.....
20 new players to the club plus the 12 or more they brought in last year. Can't be many locals playing footy these days in bonnie doon! I hope They have bought the coach a bus to bring them all over from shep way for training and functions!

20 new blokes in a pretty big overturn tho could either go really well for them or could turn out to be a waste of a season!!!!

20 new players to the club plus the 12 or more they brought in last year. Can't be many locals playing footy these days in bonnie doon! I hope They have bought the coach a bus to bring them all over from shep way for training and functions!

the doon struggles to get locals due to Mansfield having a horse s#@t team the last few years so there is very little recruiting pool for the area forcing them to get travellers. the locals we have are all sticking around and working harder than ever. the new additions this year are all great guys and naturally fit guys who are doing extra to get the club to where it wants to be. most travel to one training a week at the doon and all have committed to attending social functions as part of signing up. the locals are hard workers and some of the best committee people I've came across. healthy numbers at training so all things looking good for the doon!!!! exciting times!! how are numbers everywhere else??

How are thirds looking this year? Which teams look the goods and do any young blokes look like breaking into a senior spot in a side this year?

Saw that Nathan Hooper had been going to training with Whorouly because his younger brother is there. But when Milawa got wind of it they offered to double his money to get him back. Heard that figure is $1,100 a game!

Saw that Nathan Hooper had been going to training with Whorouly because his younger brother is there. But when Milawa got wind of it they offered to double his money to get him back. Heard that figure is $1,100 a game!

Might have wanted to up his price so he could afford all the protein shakes!!! Hoops is looking pretty big these days!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back