Inaugural BigFooty Keeper League

Remove this Banner Ad

Minnesota, Winnipeg, Calgary, Detroit, Arizona could all be in the market

Winterpeg = Hutchinson (he looks the goods)
Detroit = "All-Star" goalie Jimmy Howard?
Desert Dawgs = Mike Smith 5.67M/year until 2018-19 Ouch! (I didn't realise it was that much and for that long, for shame Maloney!)
Calgary = I think they like what they have even though they don't know who their #1 is...
Minnersoda = yes

edit: Howard's contract is almost exactly the same as Smith's, about $350k less/season

Smith has been awful but I can't see a budget team like Arizona buying him out. Plus he has been solid until this season. I think they will back him in to bounce back given the contract he has.

In Calgary, Hiller is contracted for one more season and on decent coin. If it is not him it will be Ramo or Ortio splitting duties not someone else from free agency.

Last edited:
Winterpeg = Hutchinson (he looks the goods)
Detroit = "All-Star" goalie Jimmy Howard?
Desert Dawgs = Mike Smith 5.67M/year until 2018-19 Ouch! (I didn't realise it was that much and for that long, for shame Maloney!)
Calgary = I think they like what they have even though they don't know who their #1 is...
Minnersoda = yes

edit: Howard's contract is almost exactly the same as Smith's, about $350k less/season

I think you're disagreeing with me - but its not too compelling...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should mention that I am in complete fire sale mode right now. I have a few guys (Henrik Sedin, Joe Thornton) who I won't be keeping around long term and can seriously help out a contender. If you have any offers, send them my way. Happy to go back and forth to get the right value.

Piri goes on IR. I now have 5 players on IR and one inactive. My choice to carry the inactive but 3 of my IR are Anderson, Lundqvist and Matta.

I'd drop Ryan Murray in a heart beat - coz it looks like your rookie keepers will be Allen/TT/Maata

Chuck Maata on IR (only keeping him due rookie eligibility) - Teravainen is a line ball hold, if you had a chance to win the league I'd try and trade/drop him for a guy who would help you win, in your case, with those goalies on IR, I'm doubting you can win the league so prob hold him.

Got a few bites for Joe Thornton so far. Any more takers interested in bolstering their C stocks before the stretch run?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back