2014/2015 pre season thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

I was having a coffee this morning with Baz at the club after training and he was telling me some stories - he said that each and every morning he drives down West Lakes Boulevard on his way to Alberton for the sole purpose of winding his window down and giving the camrys the finger!!!! LOL!!!!

He reckons he doesnt even look out the window - just flips the bird to whoever is there!!! Funny Campaigner!!!

I was having a coffee this morning with Baz at the club after training and he was telling me some stories - he said that each and every morning he drives down West Lakes Boulevard on his way to Alberton for the sole purpose of winding his window down and giving the camrys the finger!!!! LOL!!!!

He reckons he doesnt even look out the window - just flips the bird to whoever is there!!! Funny Campaigner!!!
We need him in our media team, any time there is a joint PAFC+Plastics press conference have Baz sitting at the table

Whenever Notso or Walsh speaks you just see this.
yankeesSuckKid.jpg

I pretty much do the same as a West Lake resident.

Regular profanity is hurled from the car window as they train.... Mrs Wylde tries to hide and covers her face.

Anyone hear the interview?
Yeah, pretty good interview, Vossy spoke very well, as usual. No really new info, especially for people on this board who are generally up with Club news. One thing that came through strongly was how impressed he is with the whole club's desire and commitment to striving to do better again this year. He particularly praised the players' attitude to training. He said they all know that every training session is going to be super tough but they just embrace it, no whinging, they just get on with it and give 100%. He put a lot of that down to the leadership group and how they influence the playing group, with particular mention of how they look after the first year players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, pretty good interview, Vossy spoke very well, as usual. No really new info, especially for people on this board who are generally up with Club news. One thing that came through strongly was how impressed he is with the whole club's desire and commitment to striving to do better again this year. He particularly praised the players' attitude to training. He said they all know that every training session is going to be super tough but they just embrace it, no whinging, they just get on with it and give 100%. He put a lot of that down to the leadership group and how they influence the playing group, with particular mention of how they look after the first year players.
Also mentioned that Ryder is in amazing shape, hasn't missed a session. From the midfield, Amon and Ahchee looking good on the track. Wagner has had a few injuries so is a bit behind the eight ball.

hows mason's progress been? haven't heard a lot about him. no doubt he's probably breaking pb's. does he look visibly bigger this year?

Speaking of Voss, a bit of a random tidbit from Terry Wallace's AMA on reddit:

What is the best sledge you've heard?

It was a player who said to another player that his father had had sex with the other player's mother while he was trying to kick for goal. It was Michael Voss sledging Brett Voss - they were brothers.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...ays-michael-voss/story-fndv8s6g-1227203192206
Port Adelaide can “absolutely” win this year’s AFL premiership, says Michael Voss
Asked whether he believed Port could win the flag this year following the club’s run to a preliminary final last season, Voss did not play down the club’s chances.
“Yeah, I do. I absolutely do,” Voss told radio station FIVEaa.
“And there will be a lot of talk about the team and where they sit, is there a chance of premierships, and that’s a natural thing.
more..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...ays-michael-voss/story-fndv8s6g-1227203192206
upload_2015-1-31_13-37-8.png

The great thing about our coaching set up is our coach, his senior assistant and the coaching director all come from systems that valued big powerful key position players down the spine and big bodied bone crushing mids with a smattering of outside pace. The Port Adelaide way.

The great thing about our coaching set up is our coach, his senior assistant and the coaching director all come from systems that valued big powerful key position players down the spine and big bodied bone crushing mids with a smattering of outside pace. The Port Adelaide way.
Can't wait to see Karl Amon give us some outside pace. He will be like Matty White .. they wont catch him lol

Neade's must for Jake as off-season reality bites
IT WASN'T that Port Adelaide young gun Jake Neade became arrogant after his debut season; he just severely underestimated the work required to stay at the top.
The AFL's smallest player at 170cm and 64kg in 2013, Neade's courage, evasiveness and goal sense turned him into a cult hero.
Nicknamed 'Candy Man' due to his ability to dance around flat-footed opponents, he returned home to Elliott after the season with 16 senior games and an Oscar-worthy highlight reel in his back pocket.
He took his foot off the pedal during the break though and paid dearly; Neade wouldn't cement his place in Port’s senior line up until round 20 the following year.
More...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-31/neades-must-for-jake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back