News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, nah.

If it was my kid, I'd be thinking why the F were you allowing yourself to be injected so much with stuff unknown? (You know, being a professional athlete and all?)

FFS, sick of the players getting a free pass here. I'm only a teacher and there are only a few professional standards I have to uphold to continue working in the profession.

Basically, I'm a s**t drunk and so Social Media is simply too risky for me. Not hard. Delete Facie & everything else. Simple risk management.

FFS, if I was fortunate enough to be paid a mint to play footy, I'd sure as hell be all over 'mysterious' injections like Lance Uppercut on a HTB post.

How these people can claim ignorance defies belief. I've taught plenty of nuffies* in my time & can't think of too many who wouldn't take the time to check WTF is being injected in their body, if they were a professional athlete.

(* actually including some current AFL players)
I hope you didn't assume the wrong thing about my post, are you pissed off at my post or the essendon players free pass? Ive said nothing about anyone getting a free pass by the way ;) If you like to read the thread im sure somewhere ive said and others have said athletes need to take responsibility and say no in the first place cos they are 18 and an adult. welcome to my thread though, Some people just mouth off who never read the earlier posts in the threads first and end up looking silly Quoting people :)

Last edited:
If it was my kid i would quit the club and take james and the club to court. They are all as weak as piss, even the parents of the players involved.

Great point, except the parents can't quit the club nor can they take someone to court on behalf of their adult children. :drunk:

Not good for Essendon, this from Robbo
"It is understood evidence from biochemist Shane Charter and compounding chemist Nima Alavi has been ruled admissible by the AFL tribunal this week"
Their evidence is their statements and tape recorded interviews which outline the supply trail of TB4 from China to Essendon

"It is understood evidence from biochemist Shane Charter and compounding chemist Nima Alavi has been ruled admissible by the AFL tribunal this week"
Their evidence is their statements and tape recorded interviews which outline the supply trail of TB4 from China to Essendon
Thats great news for the rest of us

Well the shitest of s**t clubs just got shittier!!!!

Trying to hold the AFL & the comp to ransom re boycotting the NAB Cup unless the AFL guarantee any suspension will be backdated.

I hope the AFL respond with, any player boycotting a match will be deregistered for all of 2015.

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!

Will be interesting to see how the troglodytes, sorry Hirdashians, spin this one.

WHats the story....havent been following much lately. Does hirds appeal verdict come down today at 2:15?
Yes to the Turd question.

The other new bit I heard on SEN this morning.

Time after time we told that no one inside the Essendon Club paid any attention to what was going on outside the club and Bomber himself stated on several occasions "he did not read the papers"
I even recall a journo pushing him on that point but he maintained he never reads the press

What about this then from the article above?

THE DOPING SAGA
CLEARLY, the AFL/ASADA investigation has taken its toll, as it has on everyone. He maintains the players should not be penalised.

“I didn’t think (the club was) doing anything illegal, but what they were doing (injection program) was probably uncomfortable with me,” he said.

“It consumed a lot of our time when we should have been focused on other things, on football.”

Through 2013, Thompson was ferociously angry and privately militant. He wanted the club and Hird and everyone involved to fight until they could fight no more.

Often he would wake up at 2am and read the newspapers online, such was the itch which forever needed scratching.

Time after time we told that no one inside the Essendon Club paid any attention to what was going on outside the club and Bomber himself stated on several occasions "he did not read the papers"
I even recall a journo pushing him on that point but he maintained he never reads the press

The trouble with having spindoctors like Hanke running your crisis response is their flexible approach to the concept of truth becomes a habit. And while in politics that may have no consequences, for a normal human being it tends to put people off after a while.

if there is a defining feature of the whole saga, it is the ability of those inside and supporting the Essendon camp to shift narratives even at 180 degrees without any appearance of even a slight twinge of nausea and while fervently expecting nobody to notice.

They need to consider a career in aerobatics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another way of the AFL trying to get the Peptide Bombers off

Another way of the AFL trying to get the Peptide Bombers off

Um, no, it isn't. This is detrimental to Essendon's case (al beit, there will apparently be less weight given to Charter and Alavi's evidence because they didn't show up to be cross-examined).

Hird ordered to pay ASADA's legal costs too haahahaha

His arrogant stubborness would have likely costed him multiple $ Million

He should have saved that money for his imminent retirement

THE DOPING SAGA
CLEARLY, the AFL/ASADA investigation has taken its toll, as it has on everyone. He maintains the players should not be penalised.

“I didn’t think (the club was) doing anything illegal, but what they were doing (injection program) was probably uncomfortable with me,” he said.

“It consumed a lot of our time when we should have been focused on other things, on football.”

Through 2013, Thompson was ferociously angry and privately militant. He wanted the club and Hird and everyone involved to fight until they could fight no more.

Often he would wake up at 2am and read the newspapers online, such was the itch which forever needed scratching.
Great posts BJ, i enjoy reading what you put down unlike some t****s here

Hird ordered to pay ASADA's legal costs too haahahaha

His arrogant stubborness would have likely costed him multiple $ Million

He should have saved that money for his imminent retirement

and Should cost him his Job at the Very Least

Remove this Banner Ad

Back