Australian Open 2015 - Day 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome weekend of tennis.

Friday night: Joker the champ v Stan the Man on a Friday night 5 set thriller. Stan to wow us and put up a great fight but Djokovic to get over the line

Saturday night: Maria v Serena. The rivalry. The hatred. The stranglehold Williams has on Maria. Expecting Sharapova to topple her nemesis this time!

Sunday night: Novak (maybe) v Andy. Quality match.
Should be pretty damn awesome pumped for it already!

Yeah agree on hard court, Novak will be fine with the 48hr recovery. Freak athlete who just powers on

Especially having won 3 or 4 Australian Open's before. He loves this surface, suits him. Before tonight Murray has had the dream draw from heaven, with seeds flopping all over the place.

He lost the US Open final too when Murray had 24hrs extra rest.

I think Novak should win unless tomorrows match is a long match, then i pick Murray in 5.

It was blowing a hurricane that day and Andy was still lucky to win that day. I'd be shocked if he takes more than 1 set off Novak. Novak is 10 times better a player this year than he was last year. His serve is a lot better. He served poorly all through last season.

Wow, the Poo still getting up to 210k's an hour on the serve. Pretty impressive.

Think Murray would go in as favourite for the final regardless of who he plays. He has been the form player of the AO.
Betfair disagrees with you. Murray is paying $2.92 to win the title from here. Expect those odds to go to $3.05 if Novak beats Wawrinka.

I'm back from tonight's match which I attended! I was actually in the third last row in a group consisting of three of us together so Pepsi was correct in saying that the real fans do tend to be up the back rather than in the front as others also noted as I read this thread just now.

On this match the first set was superb and dead even but Tomas fluffed his opportunities to win that set 6-3 after getting a break earlier in the set. The fact that the set went to a tiebreak and thankfully for him he had won it seemed to really tire him out physically and mentally as we saw in the second set.

After that Murray seemed in control of the third and fourth set and never looked like losing despite Berdych being relatively close with him in the fourth set. It was good to be back at Melbourne Park for the first time this year! I'm seriously going to get a five day pass next year and go much more frequently next year as I missed the first week this year due to being overseas in the US! Absolutely love this tournament overall!

I can't wait for tomorrow night between Djokovic and Wawrinka now which should be a cracker if history is anything to go by between these two.

Berdych was even more pathetic than I thought he'd be. Murray was dictating basically every point after the first set. How does Berdych allow that given his firepower? As I said before the tournament, guy is the ultimate pretender. He wouldn't win a slam regardless of who was on the other side of the net.

Good effort by Murray to reach another slam final. I certainly didn't see it coming after last year, especially thinking back to that obliteration by Fed at the end of the season. I doubt he'll win on Sunday night, but it's a very promising start to 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure. I just don't know why it has always been that way.
1.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back