Jewish leaders call for Europe-wide legislation outlawing antisemitism

Remove this Banner Ad

"Mummy what's he doing here? Doesn't he know he'll be killed?" Says a young boy in a Muslim majority neighbourhood as a Jewish man films himself walking around the streets of Paris, showing to the world what it's like living in the capital city of the most Anti-Semitic country in the Western world. He was also spat at, called a dog and intimidated in the streets of Paris. Armed soldiers now need to patrol Jewish areas in Paris which are no longer safe with the rise of Muslim extremism in the country. No wonder Jews are leaving France in large numbers. The country simply isn't safe for them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...is-filmed-hidden-camera-safe-streets-are.html

Wonder if CR will ever acknowledge the disturbing and rising anti-Semitism in Western Eur in isolation for what it is... that is, without downplaying it by bringing up or comparing it to other issues (eg above post, or islamaphobia etc.). Yes, backlash against muslims is bad, racism to other minority groups is bad, the vid above is bad... but this is a thread about anti-semitsm. For once, it would be nice to see your thoughts on how bad the Jews are copping it at the moment (and for no reason other than being Jewish), without diluting the issue.

Jews are murdered in a super markets, synagogues, holocaust museums, gravestones are being desecrated, Jews leaving at the highest rates since WWII.... meh.. BUT HOLD THE PHONE! THERE IS SOME BACKLASH AGAINST MUSLIMS AFTER A FEW TERRORIST ATTACKS - now THAT's important!

0.7% of terrorist attacks in Europe are by Muslims

Acknowledge them apples

Wonder if CR will ever acknowledge the disturbing and rising anti-Semitism in Western Eur in isolation for what it is... that is, without downplaying it by bringing up or comparing it to other issues (eg above post, or islamaphobia etc.). Yes, backlash against muslims is bad, racism to other minority groups is bad, the vid above is bad... but this is a thread about anti-semitsm. For once, it would be nice to see your thoughts on how bad the Jews are copping it at the moment (and for no reason other than being Jewish), without diluting the issue.

Jews are murdered in a super markets, synagogues, holocaust museums, gravestones are being desecrated, Jews leaving at the highest rates since WWII.... meh.. BUT HOLD THE PHONE! THERE IS SOME BACKLASH AGAINST MUSLIMS AFTER A FEW TERRORIST ATTACKS - now THAT's important!

Apparently 45% of British are anti Semitic

I find that very hard to believe

0.7% of terrorist attacks in Europe are by Muslims

Acknowledge them apples

Apparently 45% of British are anti Semitic

I find that very hard to believe

Cool stats bro. But irrelevant to my post.

What are your thoughts on the current anti-Semitism in Western Europe? Genuinely curious to know what you think about it, given you are quite vocal in standing up for the islamic community, I wonder if you share the same thoughts in the Jewish community.

" I find the rise of anti-Jew feeling worrying".

As I do the anti Muslim growth. And rise of the ultra right neo nazi types.

None of the trends is too great

however, I also think make laws for one group of people is quite troubling too

I assume that France like other Western countries have an anti-discrimination law. Whether it's being enforced enough or not I can't say since I haven't been to Paris nor do I have any stats on me proving one way or the other.

"It comes as Isreali Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called for the mass emigration of Jews from Europe to escape the rising tide of antisemitic terror attacks.
Netanyahu said Europe was no longer a safe haven for Jews following attacks in Paris and Copenhagen - adding that Israel is now the only country in the world where Jews can feel safe."

Yeah lets move to a country that's displaced Palestinians and that is in the middle of what is effectively a religious war.

" I find the rise of anti-Jew feeling worrying".

Thank you.

As I do the anti Muslim growth. And rise of the ultra right neo nazi types.

None of the trends is too great

Who knew, we both agree on something.

But the article stipulates that it's not just about anti-Semitsm, particularly...

"“Antisemitism is clearly part of it, but by no means the thrust of the project,” he said. “It’s about tolerance and if you expect tolerance, you have to show tolerance. Otherwise it becomes very obnoxious.”

"The yardstick, say the drafters, should be that if an international tribunal has ruled genocide has taken place, it should be accepted everywhere in Europe as criminal conduct to contest that in public. The Holocaust, the Rwanda genocide, and the mass murder of Muslims by Serbs in Srebrenica, Bosnia, in 1995 would be covered."

I think the article is touching on numerous issues. But at the end of the day, I don't think it's going to stop racist anti-Semetic nuffies anyway... only education will do that (which is the same for islamic tolerance).

Funny how the islamic community, which is on the receiving end from westerners (and growing as you point out) are also the ones who are responsible for many anti-Semtic attacks. You would think that the Islamic community would know what it's like to be persecuted and vilified, yet they do the exact same thing to the Jewish community. I find that interesting.

Funny how the islamic community, which is on the receiving end from westerners (and growing as you point out) are also the ones who are responsible for many anti-Semtic attacks. You would think that the Islamic community would know what it's like to be persecuted and vilified, yet they do the exact same thing to the Jewish community. I find that interesting.

I'd say it mostly has to do with a clash of religions. Even Christianity has a bit of that "Our religion is the best, if you don't follow it you might/will go to hell" sentiment. So it's not surprising there are some people of all religions who have that sentiment, a lot of the time more extreme than what I just said. And yeah just because someone has been discriminated against doesn't mean that they won't discriminate against others. There are people from racial minorities who discriminate against gay and transgender people for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say it mostly has to do with a clash of religions. Even Christianity has a bit of that "Our religion is the best, if you don't follow it you might/will go to hell" sentiment. So it's not surprising there are some people of all religions who have that sentiment, a lot of the time more extreme than what I just said. And yeah just because someone has been discriminated against doesn't mean that they won't discriminate against others. There are people from racial minorities who discriminate against gay and transgender people for example.

All true what you say.

I just don't see jews going to mosques or Halal stores with AK-47s in Western Europe

All true what you say.

I just don't see jews going to mosques or Halal stores with AK-47s in Western Europe

Palestinians have been kicked out of Israel and a lot of them are stuck in the Gaza Strip. Mainly has to do with the Israeli government believing they have a religious right to the land. There would be some Israeli citizens who believe that too. It's not all Israelis and definitely not all Jews and it wouldn't surprise me if anti-Semitic attacks were because of some idiot thinking that a European Jewish person is responsible for what the Israeli government and military are doing in Israel and Palestine. I just wish more people realised that all of these religions were made by humans who are corruptible and have their own flaws and agendas.

Palestinians have been kicked out of Israel and a lot of them are stuck in the Gaza Strip. Mainly has to do with the Israeli government believing they have a religious right to the land. There would be some Israeli citizens who believe that too. It's not all Israelis and definitely not all Jews and it wouldn't surprise me if anti-Semitic attacks were because of some idiot thinking that a European Jewish person is responsible for what the Israeli government and military are doing in Israel and Palestine. I just wish more people realised that all of these religions were made by humans who are corruptible and have their own flaws and agendas.

Couple points.. 1 - You are again 100% correct in that no matter the policies in Israel (or any foreign country), it has absolutely ZERO to do with French Jews half a world away. There is no way any Jew around the world deserves to be attacked because of what is happening in another country. Many of these attacks on Jews are perpetrated by muslims, yet there are hardly any attacks on muslims from Jews. If muslims want to attack Jews because of Israel, then by that same train of thought, Jews can attack muslims as a result of Hamas's/Palestinian ongoing terrorism. It's nonesense.

Second point, your post is a massive oversimplification of what is actually happening in Israel. There are 1.6 million Palestinian arabs living peacefully in Israel outside of Gaza and West Bank, who enjoy rights that citizens in Syria/Jordan/Saudi/Iran/Iraq and so on could only dream of. Palestinians in Jordan have hardly any rights. Gays in the West Bank flee from persecution into Israel for safety. Israel withdraw out of Gaza (and pulled there own citizens out by force) in a showing of good faith for peace and got rockets, kidnappings and terrorist attacks in return. The West Bank has also been responsible for barbaric attrocities (stabbings, vehicles used to run over citizens). When you say Palestinians 'kicked out of Israel' are you referring to pre wars were neighbouring arab countries convinced them to leave prior to attacking Israel - and when Israel kicked their arse (so to speak) the Palestinians had no where to go? Sure Israel wasn't exactly putting out the welcome mat, but there are still many Palestinians who reside all over Israel. For the Palestinians in the West Bank and particularly Gaza (not the other 1.6million), sure it's pretty shitty, But whilst the Palestinians are united in their hate and committment to destroying Israel and ridding the state of Jews (much like ISIS is doing up north but with Christians), Israel has no choice but to maintain strict security around Gaza (or terrorists attack Israeli civilians - that is the crucial point) and maintain control of the West Bank. I'm not saying everything Israel do is right - far from it, settlement expansion for one is totally counter-productive, but until the Palestinians recognise (a) Israel is permanent and (b) want to actually make peace instead of killing every Israeli citizen (women children and their pets included), Israel cannot lower their security over the West Bank and particularly Gaza. Let's not forget that Hamas is the same as Boko Haram, Al Qeada or the Taliban in their commitment to Jihad, terrorism, Islamic rule and cleansing of non-muslims. It is an complex issue that none of us on this football forum can grasp entirely. Saying oh the Israelis kicked them out is looking at a tiny window whilst ignoring the context or bigger picture.

Last edited:
There are 1.6 million Palestinian arabs living peacefully in Israel outside of Gaza and West Bank, who enjoy rights that citizens in Syria/Jordan/Saudi/Iran/Iraq and so on could only dream of.

Saying oh the Israelis kicked them out is looking at a tiny window whilst ignoring the context or bigger picture.

I knew there were still Palestinian arabs living in Israel but legitimately did not know there were so many, my bad. What I was trying to argue (and probably did a bad job at it) was that there is a minority (I hope it's a minority but nevertheless not representative of all) of Jewish Israelis who want to encourage more Jewish people to migrate there even at the cost of displacing Muslims. As a secular person I see that as an extreme view to take. Anyway about antisemitism and the like, I'm against all types of discrimination whether that be on the grounds of religion, race, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability, appearance etc. One thing I found interesting about the article is that the legislation proposed would also criminalise such things as banning the burqa and female and homosexual discrimination (so not just Jewish based legislation). I think the OP started this as a discussion about what things in the media should be protected under free speech and what is considered hate speech. In terms of religious statements in the media, if you want to criticise Muhammad, Jesus, Moses or perhaps members of government, organisations/corporations and terrorist groups then have at it. It's also freedom of speech for someone to disagree with that but certainly you shouldn't be fearing for your life because of it. If you're going to generalise against certain people then I'm against that.

CR like many on here will just dismiss the rise of Antisemitism in western Europe as a non issue, despite mounting evidence to the contrary. It's also interesting to see many Antisemitic people commenting on this video saying "well stop firing rockets into Palestine and killing their civilians!!1!"
There are so many things wrong with comments like this and the hypocrisy level of these people is extreme. These are the same people who say "you can't hate all Muslims for being terrorists, most are peaceful people" which is correct.
But why doesn't the same apply to Jewish people like the man in the video? Besides, the IDF doesn't even fire into Palestine unless Hamas fire first. It's also terribly funny when Antisemitic people comment about Israel's human rights record while defending Palestine. Yeah, because Hamas using children as human shields is something to be proud of. The rise of Muslim extremism and terrorism across western Europe along with Islamapologists are creating more than a hostile environment for Jews.

This is a nice read IMO:

[–][deleted] 1255 points 1 year ago
Went to Israel. Then I went across the wall to Palestine. Realized everything was a lie.
permalinksave
[–]WilliamShatnersEgo 595 points 1 year agox2
Hold up. Explain?
permalinksaveparentgive gold
[–][deleted] 3158 points 1 year ago*x8
I drove across Sinai from Cairo, which is crumbling. Sheep on the streets, buildings falling down, giant slums, poor education, nice food only for the very rich, streets covered in garbage, majority of the country is poor.
Went to Israel. Saw a city much like any city in Europe. Clean streets. Beautiful big store fronts. Sidewalks. Nice signs telling you where to go. Little stands and shops everywhere. Great food from around the world. Pastries, pizza. It was Europe, basically. I loved it. It was very clean! It was great.
You have to drive some distance out of Jerusalem to get to the wall. It is a nice drive past pastures and rolling hills with bushes and trees on them.
The wall is very tall. It is made of concrete. At the top there are guard posts with glass. There is barbed wire, even though the wall is far too high to get over. There are men with guns.
When you go through it, you are asked many questions about who you are and where you come from. If you have anything Arab about you this questioning is very long it can take several hours. You are brought through many layers of security, the inside of the wall is like a fort. You go back and force through a maze of metal bars, with many security cameras watching you. The bars look like the bars used to hold cattle at a rodeo.
You exit and on the other side is a tall wire fence covered with barbed wire. There is graffiti all over the wall. The buildings are crumbling. Noo nice food, streets made of dirt, everyone is poor.
There are men waiting to be taxi drivers, I went with one. He showed me an ID card with a picture of a baby on it. He told me a story.
"This is my son. You know how I got this card?"
"My son was born with a problem in his arm, and they said that if his arm wasn't operated on he would lose the arm. We don't have that kind of hospital here, so I have to go across into Jerusalem to see the doctor. So I go to the Fence."
"The man at the fence won't let me through. He says that I can't bring through any person without a card. He is referring to my son, who is a new born. He didn't have a card."
"So I say to him, where do I get the card? He says you must get the card in Jerusalem."
"I say let me through then I will get the card and leave my son with my wife. He says that won't work, a person must be present to have fingerprints and a photo and so on in order to get the card."
"I say how will my son get the card if he cannot travel through the fence to get the card?"
"He told me I was holding up the line, and my son never got the surgery, he lost his arm."
He passed me the card, he said it was fake, and he didn't have the courage to try it out, because you could be put in prison for such a thing. He had to choose between making his son grow up without an arm or without a father. The card was so poorly done. It was obviously fake.
We got up to the top of this hill, and he pointed out at these buildings coming over the hills, he said they were settlements, and they took over 3 more hills in the last few months. These were very nice buildings. Developments.
I went back to Israel that night, and I went to a waffle store. They had every kind of waffle. Chocolate waffle, ice cream waffle, Nutella. Anything. Any kind of fruit and so on. The taxis are really nice there they have meters, they don't clunk when they start. The monuments are lit up at night. There are little plaques at every monument that tell you the history in English and Hebrew and Russian and Italian.
When I took the bus back, I sat next to a young girl who had a phone with rhinestones glued to it in a heart shape, and a beanie baby on a key chain. She had a ponytail, she was texting and wearing an army uniform. She had a grenade launcher in the seat next to her. The bus stopped several times and the Palestinians were made to get off and be searched. Their bags were taken off the bus and dumped out, and the soldiers kicked through their belongings at the side of the road and we sat inside the bus and watched and they passed out snacks.
It was absolutely banal, but the whole thing chilled me, and I realized that this was the country at the center of American foreign policy, and this was the beacon of democracy, and I realized that these were the supposed "good guys," and I just thought that it wasn't ******* right, and that Christians should be embarrassed because Jesus wouldn't have stood for any of this.
Sorry I wrote a novel. It really changed me.
TL:DR; I think every American history teacher should be forced to walk around in Jerusalem, then go through the wall to Bethlehem and walk around in Palestine before teaching students that colonialism is something that "used to" happen.

France arrest a cartoonist

http://www.gilad.co.uk/writings/2015/3/6/french-cartoonist-zeon-arrested-for-anti-zionist-work

Long live freedom of speech

As long as its bagging Muslims

Are you able to tell the difference between inciting hate and freedom of speech?

The cartoon you posted takes 1 extreme side of the ME conflict. It is an extreme view that ignores the other side of the conflict completely and in doing so, is extreme, biased and without foundation. It would be like a cartoon of a palestinian stabbing a jew (which also just coincidentally just happened in East Jerusalem but I digress) inciting hate against 'barbaric palestinians' whilst ignoring the overall issue, which is just as wrong.

Now before you go put words in my mouth - I dont think the racist cartoonist deserves to be arrested. But he clearly has extreme one sided views that should not be deemed appropriate for any balanced media outlet.

That is the difference madam. But obviously too complex for you to understand amirite?

That, or you are just siding with your 'anti-israel everything at all costs view'. How predictable. Israel = evil, muslims = good yeh?

Anyway, didnt mean to interupt you - please carry on sunshine.

Year Israelis Palestinians
2000 0 91
2001 36 103
2002 45 201
2003 21 141
2004 8 188
2005 6 56
2006 2 139
2007 1 68
2008 4 160
2009 1 295
2010 0 15
2011 5 15
2012 0 44
2013 0 3
2014 4 541

“The majority of these [Palestinian] children were killed and injured while going about normal daily activities, such as going to school, playing, shopping, or simply being in their homes. Sixty-four percent of children killed during the first six months of 2003 died as a result of Israeli air and ground attacks, or from indiscriminate fire from Israeli soldiers.”

- Catherine Cook

Last edited:
http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ne...-how-hamas-assembles-and-fires-rockets/332910

"In a number of incidents, Hamas terrorists threatened to kill UNRWA personnel if they revealed that the Islamist group was using the UN facilities for purposes of war, to ensure that they would not speak out about Hamas’s activities.

Details have also emerged of the fate of medical supplies and food that were intended to be distributed by UNRWA to residents of Gaza in need of humanitarian aid. On a number of occasions, armed Hamas operatives forcefully confiscated the supplies, taking them for their own use."

http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/...-it-fired-rockets-from-civilian-areas/380149/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ocket-attacks-Israel-admits-says-mistake.html

The manual, which came from the Shuja’iya Brigade of Hamas’ military wing, also explained how heavily populated urban areas — called “pockets of resistance” — make operations for the IDF difficult because Israeli soldiers try not to harm civilians.

“The soldiers and [IDF] commanders must limit their use of weapons and tactics that lead to the harm and unnecessary loss of people and [destruction of] civilian facilities,” the manual said, according to the IDF.

“It is difficult for them to get the most use out of their firearms, especially of supporting fire [e.g. artillery].”

http://nypost.com/2014/08/05/hamas-manual-details-civilian-death-plan-israel/

Kinda hard to avoid civilian casualties when the Palestinians are trying to maximise their own deaths. Also, just because the Israel protects its civilians so well, doesn't make Palestinian terrorists the good guys. Is Breivik a decent dude now because he is behind bars and cannot inflict damage? Give the Palestinians a nuke - what you think they would do with it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back