No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm except I've never been extremely confident we'd get off. It has ebbed and flowed, but I've always held the opinion I can't know what will happen and that any outcome is a possibility. There's just too much we don't know.
I know, but it's unlike, as you say, for you to be pessimistic.

I'm not sure what will happen, but if the players are found guilty I certainly hope we are given the information (smoking gun) that has not previously been publicly given.

On the surface, to a lay person like myself, it appears that ASADA did operate outside its jurisdiction.

If the government wanted them to have coercive rights against the players and EFC, they would have specifically given them those rights.

After all, ASADA are a government statutory authority.

And I am still amazed that Middleton praised Andruska. It is like he was throwing that in Essendons face. She kept avoiding answering questions.

I suppose you all know that Middleton is a mad keen Hawthorn supporter. He has a colorful history (e.g. knee operation after late night nightclub event).
This is not to suggest that any of this would bias his rational and fair decision making. He is highly thought of in the bar (legal variety).

There you have it folks, Middleton did his knee busting a move back in his hay day and as such, is horrendously biased in ruling on the legality of an anti-doping bodies investigation into an AFL club.

* me.

There you have it folks, Middleton did his knee busting a move back in his hay day and as such, is horrendously biased in ruling on the legality of an anti-doping bodies investigation into an AFL club.

**** me.
I think you missed this bit :"This is not to suggest that any of this would bias his rational and fair decision making. He is highly thought of in the bar (legal variety)."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you missed this bit :"This is not to suggest that any of this would bias his rational and fair decision making. He is highly thought of in the bar (legal variety)."

Then what purpose does it have other than to doubt his judgement?

Even then, what relevance does what he posted have?

Then what purpose does it have other than to doubt his judgement?

Even then, what relevance does what he posted have?
It probably doesn't, I was being a smart ass because you deliberately overlooked the qualification in the comment.

MarkG did say he wasn't stating that he was biased, but then, I also have no idea why Middleton wrecking his knee doing the moonwalk or safety dance or whatever else is even slightly relevant.

We've all done silly things at one point or another. All sustained injuries.

MarkG did say he wasn't stating that he was biased, but then, I also have no idea why Middleton wrecking his knee doing the moonwalk or safety dance or whatever else is even slightly relevant.

We've all done silly things at one point or another. All sustained injuries.
There are lots of things that are irrelevant but interesting to know.

Why is that even slightly interesting?

He did his knee dancing. Woop-dee-doo.
After a late night event? That's a pretty cool story that I'd be proud of if it were me.

After a late night event? That's a pretty cool story that I'd be proud of if it were me.
Mate, about 95% of the population would have an interesting late night story to tell. I sure have more than a few, indeed I've shared some of them.

He's a judge now. Doesn't mean he didn't have fun once upon a time, nor possibly still have fun to this day.

On the irrelevant scale of 0-100 where 100 is completely irrelevant, I'd say in forming a picture of Middleton as a character, that little snippet of information would score a solid century.

Mate, about 95% of the population would have an interesting late night story to tell. I sure have more than a few, indeed I've shared some of them.

He's a judge now. Doesn't mean he didn't have fun once upon a time, nor possibly still have fun to this day.

On the irrelevant scale of 0-100 where 100 is completely irrelevant, I'd say in forming a picture of Middleton as a character, that little snippet of information would score a solid century.
I'm not saying it is to be used to form a picture of Middleton as a character. I am just saying it's interesting to hear. It means nothing and should never have been even quoted.

None of us thought this challenge by Hird stood much chance going into it. So the disappointment if/when it fails should be measured. On the other hand, should the long-shot get up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back