Mega Thread Hird Appeal dismissed by Full bench of the Federal Court 30/1- Hird will not appeal. Details in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graffy4242

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
as I've posted elsewhere, there were rumours that as a pre-eminent admin law judge Kenny was leaning towards Hird. My best case scenario was that she's agree with him in a split decision. The fact she didn't, and emphatically didn't, is extremely telling.

ASADA have had an absolutely crushing win on this matter. In my opinion if Hird doesn't accept this decision he has no place coaching our team.

I wish you were running the club Lance. Little has hardly made a correct decision since he was appointed.

It may still work out for Hird financially. By going to court he has thus far avoided the chop of the Essendon board due to the terms of his contract. That time period has seen him come back into the job and consolidate his position. I think its unlikely now that Essendon will move him on, even if players do receive some short bans. Considering he would be on a seven figure salary, I think he can afford to lose a year's income.

Marley10

Cancelled
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
as I've posted elsewhere, there were rumours that as a pre-eminent admin law judge Kenny was leaning towards Hird. My best case scenario was that she's agree with him in a split decision. The fact she didn't, and emphatically didn't, is extremely telling.

ASADA have had an absolutely crushing win on this matter. In my opinion if Hird doesn't accept this decision he has no place coaching our team.
That's what I was leaning to. I mean the club should have drawn the line with the appeal. Although he is paying the costs, there is Essendon in the media again, which could have been totally avoided.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
I'm sure it's hardly unusual but it still seems disrespectful to not be in court for the verdict of the appeal you instigated (against advice by the other party of the original ruling). Though I suppose you're free to waste the courts time when you're the one paying for it.

Graffy4242

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm sure it's hardly unusual but it still seems disrespectful to not be in court for the verdict of the appeal you instigated (against advice by the other party of the original ruling). Though I suppose you're free to waste the courts time when you're the one paying for it.

I actually think it was totally rude and disrespectful of Justice Kenny not to fly to LA and deliver the verdict personally to James while she was giving him a foot massage.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

How the hell can an intelligent guy like yourself STILL be putting riders on whether Hird has a place coaching your Club.

Shakes head.

Dec 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City, Box Hill Hawks
It may still work out for Hird financially. By going to court he has thus far avoided the chop of the Essendon board due to the terms of his contract. That time period has seen him come back into the job and consolidate his position. I think its unlikely now that Essendon will move him on, even if players do receive some short bans. Considering he would be on a seven figure salary, I think he can afford to lose a year's income.

I don't think it's the terms of his contract that has kept him at the helm.

I think he's made it clear that if he goes down he's taking others down with him.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
How the hell can an intelligent guy like yourself STILL be putting riders on whether Hird has a place coaching your Club.

Shakes head.
mainly because I want him to coach us to a premiership to thoroughly get up the noses of everyone in here :D

I think the judges, all 3 of them, were got at.
Of course they were. I mean there's no other possible explanation. It's all a conspiracy man, they're all out to get us man, watch out.

Madblue

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton

Hird shouldn't have any place coaching Essendon regardless if he accepts the decision or not. He should be banned from the AFL for life then we can all move on and get back to real football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back