Hird Appeal Dismissed - 30th Jan, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interesting part for mine is Paul Little's chairman's update from this arvo. The language the release uses is so different from his previous, openly belligerent releases.

Compare this: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-08-21/paul-little-statement with what was released today.

Methinks acceptance has set in at the Chairman's office.
"I can assure you the coaches and players are working harder than ever to prepare for the upcoming home and away season."

Imagine how much harder Hird would be working if he was actually, you know, in the same country as the players.

"I can assure you the coaches and players are working harder than ever to prepare for the upcoming home and away season."

Imagine how much harder Hird would be working if he was actually, you know, in the same country as the players.
Wasn't at trade week, gallivanting over seas whenever the s**t hits the fan, does he even know all the players' names yet?

Albert is in the US, attending the superbowl, and shadowing the Patriots.

They're showing him how to use needles for deflating balls instead of doping athletes. Stay tuned.

Hahaha this guy - least dedicated coach in the league on a huge salary and a contract extension in the face of the biggest scandal the sport has ever seen.

Hahaha this guy - least dedicated coach in the league on a huge salary and a contract extension in the face of the biggest scandal the sport has ever seen.
You need frequent flyer points just to "stand by" Hird.

You need frequent flyer points just to "stand by" Hird.
Seriously though - preseason isn't just some figurehead moment for a head coach - it's the most important preparation time in the footballing calendar, setting the tone for the entire year.

Not only that, his best assistant coach has left the club.

Have essendon written off the year in January?

QzqHFHG.gif

You'd think that since he spent no time with the team last year and that EFC have many recruits into the club, Hird would want to spend as much time with the players as possible. Not James, no way. Someone else can put out the witches hats. Very few cameras at pre season training so why bother being there.

FFS, the supporters should be up in arms that he is overseas yet we don't hear a peep from them.

You'd think that since he spent no time with the team last year and that EFC have many recruits into the club, Hird would want to spend as much time with the players as possible. Not James, no way. Someone else can put out the witches hats. Very few cameras at pre season training so why bother being there.

FFS, the supporters should be up in arms that he is overseas yet we don't hear a peep from them.

To be fair to sir Albert, he wasn't at the B & F, he wasn't at trade week, so why bother turning up for pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes when they play round 1 and lose to Sydney will Jobe front up to press conference as Our James will be overseas attending to business?

To be fair to sir Albert, he wasn't at the B & F, he wasn't at trade week, so why bother turning up for pre season.
afl-bombers-whatever-it-takes2.jpg

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

- Poem by Hughes Mearns

Seriously though - preseason isn't just some figurehead moment for a head coach - it's the most important preparation time in the footballing calendar, setting the tone for the entire year.

Check their board for that answer. Few odd "we'll be fine, BOMBERS 4EVA!" (or something to that tune)
But the rest of them seem to have given up.

The thing that I don't get is that people still think that it was not ALL about himself, how people believe he was doing it for the players is Hilarious. Essendon had filed an application already on the players behalf , to think that Hird added his name to protect the players is taking the piss

Jeez Lance,even Albert likes it done twice.
There's a joke about a hunter and a grizzly bear that reminds me of Hird!

Or taking peds

He has no idea about leadership at all. Surely his so call charisma has worn off conning the players by now.
F.... like him in the trenches. Oh wait he'd be getting tanning peds instead

Yep, this astounds me, I honestly thought there'd be loads more Essendon supporters speaking out against the management of this fiasco, but no.
Its allowed the chairman and Hird to continue under their silence.
If coaching is a 24/7 job, then how the f is Hird able to coach when he missed last season, and divides his time between overseas trips and court cases.

If the members rallied to speak up against it, they'd have to act, but they don't. And so it goes...
Given its the biggest scandal in the long history of our game, its fair to question if Essendon can survive this, especially if players are banned.
I feel for Evans, who took the bullet for others. But Paul Little should have symbolised change and instead became the wrecking ball.

Last time he attended preseason he got accused of being in charge or a doping program. This time if anything goes wrong he won't need a court case, he has an alibi.

But didn't Robbo say ASADA were 8/96 at the close of play?

They declared at their overnight score.

Essendon currently 3/10 in the 2nd dig after having been rolled for 30 in the first innings.

JA Hird out for a first-ball duck, bowled by Andruska, middle stump taken out of the ground. He asked for a review because he reckoned it pitched outside off stump. Then he asked for a second review because you can't get out first ball.

/Robbo cricket analogies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back