Power Rankings for the 2015 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We aren't going to get a priority pick nor do we deserve one. I can understand some of our supporters wanting one because of being undercompensated for Ward and our captain leaving, Expansion club draft concessions etc all that hurt us badly, but clubs should be reliant on pulling themselves out of crisis by drafting well (which so far we have nailed). Geelong and Hawthorn also got ripped off losing the two biggest names in football for mere peanuts so we aren't the only ones.

Parish and Tucker take my fancy the most at this stage, hard running pacey mids with good skills is one area I think we could add to. Although hypotectically we finish 2nd last we still could be edged out of that 2nd pick depending on Jack Steven and St Kilda which would not please dogs fans at all.

Don't think top 5 picks should be used on KPD's and Ruckman. Should exclusively be for KPF's and mids.
Jacob Weiterings best gsmes could warrant a top 5 selection. Assuming the Dogs finish 15th I would go Darcy Tucker with pick 4 then take Sam Skinner at pick 22.

How does Weitering compare with Lever assuming Lever gets back to his best and doesn't do his knee again?
He is like Lever without the leadership qualities. Probably more versatile then Lever with his tank being more amongst the elite in his position and his body being more mature. Very classy KPD which warrants the Josh Gibson comparison.

Jacob Weiterings best gsmes could warrant a top 5 selection. Assuming the Dogs finish 15th I would go Darcy Tucker with pick 4 then take Sam Skinner at pick 22.
Yes Grundog thouroughly agree i know Darcy Tuckers Family as I Come from Horsham originally . Weitering would be great as we need to build our spine at The Doggies

Thank you for the info on Aidyn Johnson.

A family member who I hope does well! :)
Right now he is a Second round prospect and I wish him luck for the rest of the year. I will be watching him this year and look forward to his outlook.

Right now he is a Second round prospect and I wish him luck for the rest of the year. I will be watching him this year and look forward to his outlook.
I was thinking second round aswell :thumbsu:

Would love him at the Saints, do you see him as a future midfielder?

Yes Grundog thouroughly agree i know Darcy Tuckers Family as I Come from Horsham originally . Weitering would be great as we need to build our spine at The Doggies
He would be a good edition to your team. Tucker would add some extreme class to your team. Every team needs a extremely classy user just look at Hwathorn and how they used Shaun Burgoyne last year.

I was thinking second round aswell :thumbsu:

Would love him at the Saints, do you see him as a future midfielder?
He is a wingman at the moment but could develop a better inside game. But i wouldn't exept him to do it at the u18 champs due to the talent in Vic Country and the limited midfield time at champs. His TAC cup games should be able to tell us if he does have a inside midfield game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good inside ball winner. May struggle for midfield time at the champs. If he can play consistent and get around 20 disposals than i see him as a second round prospect. What you opinion on Harvey Daniher MightyDons4?
If, and it's a big if, Daniher can overcome some of his injury problems and get a clear run at it I think he could make an average 3rd tall that can play through the middle. I have higher hopes for Wallis and believe he could become best 22 as a midfield rotation. Obviously it's quite early to call where they go, but I'll say Wallis 2nd round-rookie draft and Daniher rookie draft-un drafted.

Once the U18 champ squads for all states come out the I'll add D.O.B

I'll give you a kick-start then:

Gach Nyoun 19/3/97
Dylan Atkins 22/4/97
Josh Schache 21/8/97
Sam Weideman 26/6/97
Greg Clark 24/5/97
Sam Skinner 29/6/97
Liam Jeffs 30/3/97
Kieran Collins 14/12/97
Aaron Francis 10/8/97
Jacob Weitering 23/11/97
Ryan Burton 31/1/97
James Parsons 12/4/97
Callum Mills 2/4/97
Josh Dunkley 9/1/97
Charles Curnow 3/2/97
Harley Balic 5/1/97
Daniel Houston 12/1/97
Jacob Hopper 6/2/97 ( Think you have it as Hooper, not certain which version is the correct one!)
Rhys Mathieson 10/1/97
Tom Cole 28/8/97
Ben Crocker 19/2/97
Ben Keays 22/3/97
Aidyn Johnson 21/10/97
Bryce Batty 16/1/97
Luke Partington 5/3/97
Darcy Tucker 23/1/97
Nick O'Kearney 13/2/97
Kade Stewart 16/1/97
Darcy Parish 25/7/97
Hisham Kerbatieth 16/5/97
Jade Gresham 24/8/97 176cm Nothern Knights.....For sum reson this bloke is not mentioned in your list, yet dominated last year as an under-ager.
Dylan McDonald 17/1/97

Which leaves the most appealing candidates for D.O.B's as:

Eric Hipwood 197 QLD....Named in the top 25 prospects in the 2015 Prospectus....They're getting lazy on these details for some reason.
Jack Watson 191cm W/A.....Ditto as above
Kieran Agius 187cm S/A....Not named in the Prospectus, which is a major over-sight IMO.
Jordan Snadden 187cm W/A...As for Hipwood & Watson
Tom Bennett 184cm W/A...Ditto
Steven Tahana 182cm S/A....2/2/97
Callum Ah Chee 180cm W/A....9/10/97

Matera, Lovett, Macpherson, Daniher & Wunhym can all be got via the TAC cup website!....Cheers

Last edited:
I'll give you a kick-start then:

Gach Nyoun 19/3/97
Dylan Atkins 22/4/97
Josh Schache 21/8/97
Sam Weideman 26/6/97
Greg Clark 24/5/97
Sam Skinner 29/6/97
Liam Jeffs 30/3/97
Kieran Collins 14/12/97
Aaron Francis 10/8/97
Jacob Weitering 23/11/97
Ryan Burton 31/1/97
James Parsons 12/4/97
Callum Mills 2/4/97
Josh Dunkley 9/1/97
Charles Curnow 3/2/97
Harley Balic 5/1/97
Daniel Houston 12/1/97
Jacob Hopper 6/2/97 ( Think you have it as Hooper, not certain which version is the correct one!)
Rhys Mathieson 10/1/97
Tom Cole 28/8/97
Ben Crocker 19/2/97
Ben Keays 22/3/97
Aidyn Johnson 21/10/97
Bryce Batty 16/1/97
Luke Partington 5/3/97
Darcy Tucker 23/1/97
Nick O'Kearney 13/2/97
Kade Stewart 16/1/97
Darcy Parish 25/7/97
Hisham Kerbatieth 16/5/97
Jade Gresham 24/8/97 176cm Nothern Knights.....For sum reson this bloke is not mentioned in your list, yet dominated last year as an under-ager.
Dylan McDonald 17/1/97

Which leaves the most appealing candidates for D.O.B's as:

Eric Hipwood 197 QLD....Named in the top 25 prospects in the 2015 Prospectus....They're getting lazy on these details for some reason.
Jack Watson 191cm W/A.....Ditto as above
Kieran Agius 187cm S/A....Not named in the Prospectus, which is a major over-sight IMO.
Jordan Snadden 187cm W/A...As for Hipwood & Watson
Tom Bennett 184cm W/A...Ditto
Steven Tahana 182cm S/A....Ditto
Callum Ah Chee 180cm W/A....Ditto

Matera, Lovett, Macpherson, Daniher & Wunhym can all be got via the TAC cup website!....Cheers
Haven't heard of Jade Gresham. ill get right on these blokes. thats for the info.

Great work Grundog49.

Looking forward to the WA prospects this year, you have mentioned the top ones.
Talking to people at WA academy they rate Kade Stewart as our best so far but at 180cm is small for a inside mid.
He is ferocious at the footy and a elite kick.
The other WA boys are all a better size and have more athletic scope.
The big unknown is AH Chee hasn't shown any midfield talent yet, if he can show that this season will go top ten, if not top 30.

How are we rating this draft depth wise???

Also fantasy wise?? How deep does it go??

How are we rating this draft depth wise???

Also fantasy wise?? How deep does it go??
Its hard to tell how deep the draft is until the u18 champs start.

Fantasy wise there are 4 player 1 reckon you need in 2016 AFL fantasy/supercoch.
1. Rhys Matheison-Fantasy point Machine
2. Tom Cole-Value for money
3. Harley Balic-Robbie gray prototype
4-Kade Stewart-Contested Beast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back