BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need a decent sponsor and they'll be well on the way back. Maybe a couple of the local wineries might be a fair thought? A couple of good brand names there - Scotchman's Hill and Jack Rabbit
They have some very good sponsors, but hard to compete with the Rip Curls etc. that Torquay get. Mortimer's in Drysdale have come on board last year. Getting some good local players back will help too, its hard to watch a team of ring ins who come and go.

Hey Boys, I think you should use the 2015 forum thread as appears this one is 2013 and there are 2 in progress. "What do you think"
Would be good if big footy could put them in order. Can we contact big footy??

Cheers boys!!

Hey Boys, I think you should use the 2015 forum thread as appears this one is 2013 and there are 2 in progress. "What do you think"
Would be good if big footy could put them in order. Can we contact big footy??

Cheers boys!!
Hey guys, what's happening with junior sport (not just footy), numbers seem to be low at all levels. I think it's a sign of the times with technology, social media etc. I think parents take the easy way out too, not insisting that kids get out and participate. What do you reckon? And what can we do about it?

Yep definitely agree Footyman13.
At xmas we always got outdoor stuff - cricket bats, footys, bikes - nowadays they get playstations and ipads and they sit inside all day.
We are also have the fastest growing obesidy rate in the world.

Quality Grovy mid Joey Fama heading out to Modda for season 2015. Was always on the brink of selection at Tigerland but should see a lot more 2pm action at Modda.

No offence, but I wouldn't exactly call him 'quality'. Couldn't get a touch in the hand-full of senior games he played and wasn't that much more impressive back in the twos.

Surely at the warriors he will be a key player
Had to dig deep to find these posts but heard over the weekend this bloke hasn't been sighted since the Thursday night before round 1 after being named at 12 o'clock. Can anyone down at Modda confirm this?

Had to dig deep to find these posts but heard over the weekend this bloke hasn't been sighted since the Thursday night before round 1 after being named at 12 o'clock. Can anyone down at Modda confirm this?

haha really is that for real?

haha really is that for real?
First of all, thanks to the Geelong Stupid Advertiser for promoting the GFL and GDFL Anzac games, and giving nothing at all to the BFL Portarlington vs. Drysdale game. There were photos of captains from those Leagues in the paper, but no one from Portarlington and Drysdale? So Get F###Addy.

First of all, thanks to the Geelong Stupid Advertiser for promoting the GFL and GDFL Anzac games, and giving nothing at all to the BFL Portarlington vs. Drysdale game. There were photos of captains from those Leagues in the paper, but no one from Portarlington and Drysdale? So Get F###Addy.

just shows you no one cares about the bfl

The GFL game was previewed because it's two of the in-form powerhouse clubs in the best country league in the state. No disrespect to Drysdale or Port, but neither of them looks likely to play finals this year so wouldn't have thought there'd be much external interest.

The GFL game was previewed because it's two of the in-form powerhouse clubs in the best country league in the state. No disrespect to Drysdale or Port, but neither of them looks likely to play finals this year so wouldn't have thought there'd be much external interest.

in other words.... no one cares about the bfl

Port big win I hear...Go the Dees. Great to see them do ok for once. I'm an old St.Leonard's Saints fan.

So why then a full page spread, photos etc. on the Thomson vs E Geelong match ????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it's the GDFL's version of OG v BH.
That's not the point, these were stand alone ANZAC Day games, and Port vs Drys has been playing this game for about 8 years now. Both these teams have been around a lot longer than Thomson, E Geelong, Heads and Grove and deserved more respect. Their rivalry has been around for many years more than OG V BH. Anyway, just my opinion.

just shows you no one cares about the bfl
I'm tipping there was a bigger crowd at Port vs Drys than those other games. All those people there must care about the BFL?? Also why are u posting on the BFL stream if you don't care about it?? Doesn't make sense.

Yeah it's EXACTLY the same situation mate...

Just noticed you've posted the past 3 comments on here every day this week. Might be time to start looking for a job footyman :D

Yeah it's EXACTLY the same situation mate...

Just noticed you've posted the past 3 comments on here every day this week. Might be time to start looking for a job footyman :D
That just means you have nothing better to do with your life, posting at all times of the day yourself, and then criticising me, bit hypocritical. Just my opinion though, also, I didn't know that there was a specific time of the day that people are meant to post???

Obviously the BFL Interleague squad for 2015 has been picked entirely on reputation alone, not performance. Ocean Grove have 5 players picked (haven't won a game), Drysdale have 5 players picked (have won 1 game), and that was against Ocean Grove. At least one of the Drysdale players picked didn't even play last round. Portarlington have won 2 games, including a comprehensive defeat against Drysdale, and only got 1 selection, and he is a junior. No wonder the BFL is slipping down the ranks of country footy. Do the selection committee actually watch every BFL game?

Obviously the BFL Interleague squad for 2015 has been picked entirely on reputation alone, not performance. Ocean Grove have 5 players picked (haven't won a game), Drysdale have 5 players picked (have won 1 game), and that was against Ocean Grove. At least one of the Drysdale players picked didn't even play last round. Portarlington have won 2 games, including a comprehensive defeat against Drysdale, and only got 1 selection, and he is a junior. No wonder the BFL is slipping down the ranks of country footy. Do the selection committee actually watch every BFL game?

Out of curiosity who was the player selected from Port? I wouldn't have said Port were ever that respected during the past few years based on results so they are probably still behind the eight ball even though they seem much improved this year. It may take a few more seasons of continued improvement to knock their doors down and get some recognition. Rightly or wrongly.

One of the Drysdale players started in the reserves and hasn't been named in the best by his club in any games this year and two of the OG players have also spent time in the reserves this year - one of them dropped after round 1!!! Yet coach goes to into press and says selection is all based on performance. Didn't realise that performance in the reserves counts.

One of the Drysdale players started in the reserves and hasn't been named in the best by his club in any games this year and two of the OG players have also spent time in the reserves this year - one of them dropped after round 1!!! Yet coach goes to into press and says selection is all based on performance. Didn't realise that performance in the reserves counts.
Exactly right Nargo Magumbo, that proves my point 100%. And until they pick a team on form and on merit, NOT REPUTATION ALONE, it is a farce, and they will lose again and drop further down the ramnings. They reckon in the Addy that they (ie. The selectors) have seen every BFL game played this season. Rubbish. They could not possibly have watched Ocean Grove, Drysdale and Portarlington play and come up with that squad. To Demon14 the Portarlington Rep is young Williamson? Look at the form of Simpson from Portarlington as an example. Why isn't he in the squad, amongst others, if they are using current form as a selection criteria ???

Confirmed. Quoted telling them "I don't play twos"
I want to comment on umpires. I respect them, and never abuse them, they have a very, very tough job at all levels of footy. However at a recent junior game, the umpires ignored a reportable incident, right in front of 2 of them. They were overheard saying that they did not want to upset the spectators of a certain club, so they chose to do nothing. What message does this send to the victim, the players around the incident who saw it, the other player involved in the incident etc. They must report players who breach the rules, regardless of the reaction they think they'll get from certain spectators. They are paid to do a job, do it or don't umpire.

So, interleague this week. Great to see the BFL will be represented by a possible 6 Drysdale players. This from a team that has lost 5 games out of 6 by an average of just under 10 goals a game!! Must have picked them on form, not reputation of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back