Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just finished Greed Island arc.

Far too short but I think it's my favourite arc of all time.

Now onto Chimera Ant arc.... I have a horrible feeling that I'm going to just stop watching, and then repeat the process of revisiting Hunter X Hunter in a year or two and starting all over again.... only to never finish it... again.

Nah this arc is just way too good. Will get you hooked. I haven't seen any shonen that is anything like the CA arc.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
In case you're thinking of trying Chaos Head because it's set in the same universe, don't. It's rubbish, particularly in light of S;G which is genuinely great.

Reading Chaos;Head the first time had pretty good atmosphere even though the protag is ****ed in the head.

They actually changed the plot for the anime adaption and cut out the strongest scene - the pathetic protagonist who was too scared of the public to even regularly attend school, humiliating himself in front of thousands of onlookers and national media because he thought he needed to save his sister who until then he had always claimed to dislike and find annoying.

Nah this arc is just way too good. Will get you hooked. I haven't seen any shonen that is anything like the CA arc.
Yeah I'm flying through them now.

It's.... better than I gave it credit for. Probably my least favourite arc though, maybe just ahead of the Zoldyck arc (if that was an arc).

Yeah, nup, it's lost me.

It was good up to about episode 120, can't believe I wasted this whole morning trying to marathon through it and figure out what happened.

This s**t all of a sudden is moving slower than ******* Dragonball Z.

Not sure if I'll finish the rest of it. It's almost lost me, I'll probably leave it on in the background or something.

I still like Hunter X Hunter, and probably still my favourite but, this arc is terrible only for the fact it's about 20 episodes too long. This will no doubt be the last time I watch this arc lol.

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah, nup, it's lost me.

It was good up to about episode 120, can't believe I wasted this whole morning trying to marathon through it and figure out what happened.

This s**t all of a sudden is moving slower than ******* Dragonball Z.

Not sure if I'll finish the rest of it. It's almost lost me, I'll probably leave it on in the background or something.

I still like Hunter X Hunter, and probably still my favourite but, this arc is terrible only for the fact it's about 20 episodes too long. This will no doubt be the last time I watch this arc lol.

You're about 2 eps away from the best fight of the series.

You're about 2 eps away from the best fight of the series.
Which fight is that?

I'm up to Meruem announcing the details of the contest.

I don't think there are any fights left, as I looked at the scenes in the upcoming episodes zzzzzz

BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea, Ferrari, Pens,Suns,Redsox
I'm up to episode 576 of One Piece.

Impel Down was amazing. That could be best arc of One Piece I have seen so far.
Bon Kurei - that guy is cool.

The saddest part of One Piece so far was
Brook's backstory. The part where his crew has been poisoned and they are singing that song while dying was very sad. Even though you knew his crew died, actually seeing it was very sad.

In regards to
Ace's death, I don't think it was as touching as what I mentioned above. I didn't feel much for it. I think this is because much of Ace's backstory wasn't done until after his death. I accidentally found out he died early on in the series, but even still, it wasn't that emotional.

WowWeee

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm up to episode 576 of One Piece.

Impel Down was amazing. That could be best arc of One Piece I have seen so far.
Bon Kurei - that guy is cool.

The saddest part of One Piece so far was
Brook's backstory. The part where his crew has been poisoned and they are singing that song while dying was very sad. Even though you knew his crew died, actually seeing it was very sad.

In regards to
Ace's death, I don't think it was as touching as what I mentioned above. I didn't feel much for it. I think this is because much of Ace's backstory wasn't done until after his death. I accidentally found out he died early on in the series, but even still, it wasn't that emotional.

Oh man soo many memories from reading this lol.

my top 5 sad moments:

1) Going Merry death..... it was a ship but soo bloody sad when they gave him a viking's burial.... specially when when Merry apologises to the mugiwaras for not being able to go on anymore adventures with them whilst strawhats ball their eyes out and luffy apologises for not being more careful.

2) Bon Clay's sacriface so luffy and co can escape impel down, 3rd time he saved luffy aswell.... Such an awesome character.

3) Brooke's past, seeing him all alone for 50 odd years and burying his comrades

4) Robin's past

5) Nami and Chopper's past

4)

soooo many epic moments, but my favourite is:

Zoro absorbing all of luffy's pain
tumblr_mykuihQmpF1s1s9y4o2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mykuihQmpF1s1s9y4o4_r1_250.gif

BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Oh man soo many memories from reading this lol.

my top 5 sad moments:

1) Going Merry death..... it was a ship but soo bloody sad when they gave him a viking's burial.... specially when when Merry apologises to the mugiwaras for not being able to go on anymore adventures with them whilst strawhats ball their eyes out and luffy apologises for not being more careful.

2) Bon Clay's sacriface so luffy and co can escape impel down, 3rd time he saved luffy aswell.... Such an awesome character.

3) Brooke's past, seeing him all alone for 50 odd years and burying his comrades

4) Robin's past

5) Nami and Chopper's past

4)

soooo many epic moments, but my favourite is:

Zoro absorbing all of luffy's pain
tumblr_mykuihQmpF1s1s9y4o2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mykuihQmpF1s1s9y4o4_r1_250.gif

One Piece has so many epic moments.

In regards to the last spoiler you posted
There was so much blood there. That was cool.

One Piece Spoilers up to current anime

Lol so stupid they won't "reveal" Sabo for like 5 episodes when it's SO GODDAMN OBVIOUS it's him.

But when he finally introduces himself and says Luffy is his brother....

OH THE FEEEEEEELLLLSSS

BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Days ago I caught up to the latest chapter in the One Piece anime.

This arc is rather long, and is the longest arc in One Piece so far. It seems like it is coming to an end, but there will be some more.
I want Bartolomeo to join the crew as he is cool.
I want Law to join also, but I don't think that would happen.
In the latest chapter (775), that story behind Senor Pink - that was a good backstory.
People thinking of Usopp as a God is awesome. Him being the person who Doflamingo wants taken down most is funny.

WowWeee

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Days ago I caught up to the latest chapter in the One Piece anime.

This arc is rather long, and is the longest arc in One Piece so far. It seems like it is coming to an end, but there will be some more.
I want Bartolomeo to join the crew as he is cool.
I want Law to join also, but I don't think that would happen.
In the latest chapter (775), that story behind Senor Pink - that was a good backstory.
People thinking of Usopp as a God is awesome. Him being the person who Doflamingo wants taken down most is funny.

yea really long arc. I dont mind it it, the flashbacks are quite good. Hopefully we see Sanji and co, its been nearly half a year since we last seen them o.0
-Also interesting that it Doffy might be the one that killed X Drake's dad (the one trying to sell the ope ope fruit)
- Cant wait till we see Luffy v Doffy...for some reason i dont think he can solo Doffy though.....Better be an epic fight!

BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
yea really long arc. I dont mind it it, the flashbacks are quite good. Hopefully we see Sanji and co, its been nearly half a year since we last seen them o.0
-Also interesting that it Doffy might be the one that killed X Drake's dad (the one trying to sell the ope ope fruit)
- Cant wait till we see Luffy v Doffy...for some reason i dont think he can solo Doffy though.....Better be an epic fight!

That Law flashback arc took many chapters - good chapters though. I never knew it has been that long since Sanji and the others were around.
Ahhhh, I must have missed the part about that being his dad. Looking into it, I see what you mean. Perhaps another ally at some point.
I think he will solo him. Law got his arm chopped off, although I think he will be able to reconnect it himself, or Mancherie will heal him.

Mighty P

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
Recently started getting into Gundam, have watched in the past but lately my interest has gone up another level. Done with Mobile Suit G Gundam, which was hilarious btw, but now getting into the MSG SEED and MSG 00. Liking 00 a little more actually but I've seen more of 00 than SEED.

I watched Death Note recently. I absolutely loved it up until 'Silence.' It would have been better if Near was given some kind of introduction earlier in the series. The ending wasn't as satisfying as it could have been as there wasn't enough time to develop him as a character.

BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I recently have gotten into Akame Ga Kill! I watched the anime until it started to deviate away from the manga, and then went with the manga. It's a good manga/anime. It's not great like Attack On Titan, or some others, but it's still good.

I used to watch Dragon ball z as a kid and i recently finished re-watching it, really enjoyed this time around, can't believe i had forgotten about it

Back