Analysis Adams, Fasolo, Seedsman, Sinclair, Thomas, Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

mooregoth

Debutant
Jan 17, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Am looking fwd to keefey having a big year and owning chb , one must remember the footy he was playing before going down with the knee .has had the time and a pre season which he should be more confident..have faith people.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can't recall too many teams that trotted out 22 superstars. At most teams are likely to have 5-10 with the rest of the team made up of good ordinary footballers. It's the quality and depth of your good ordinary footballers that make the major difference.

The bottom six StKilda players in 2010 for example. Very ordinary.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
I see your point, but Fasolo is no Daicos :rolleyes:

He thinks he is, ever since he started his career wearing 35. And on that note, get rid of that stupid policy!!! I want to see number 35 out on the park, not in the VFL.

I have always said it should be the best wog on the list. Scharenburg is a pretty woggy name...let him wear it for his entire career!!

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
He thinks he is, ever since he started his career wearing 35. And on that note, get rid of that stupid policy!!! I want to see number 35 out on the park, not in the VFL.

I have always said it should be the best wog on the list. Scharenburg is a pretty woggy name...let him wear it for his entire career!!
Wouldn't Scharenberg be German? How's that woggy?

Oct 16, 2007
Tir na n'Og
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Team Tibet
If even half of these boys step up we should make considerable improvement. Fasolo in particular needs to stretch himself this year. Adams and Williams also need to maintain focus, because the club has been good to them. If they all mature on-field and off, we're a good chance of making finals.

Re the ThatsGold/Timmy discussion. Isn't WOG (originally British for Western Oriental Gentleman) now an Australian term of endearment for the Romance/Mediterranean peoples? Those Germanics are too far north.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood

I am what you would call a Wog and this line made me LMFAO.
By the way Schaz does not qualify. You have to have olive skin as a bare minimum. White men can't join our group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
By the way Schaz does not qualify. You have to have olive skin as a bare minimum. White men can't join our group.

Ok then give it back to Fas!!!

(BTW maybe Shaz only has pale skin because hes always indoors....in the medical room!!!)

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Personally I think Ellioit is earmarked for a midfield role in the Chappy mould... a fourth or fifth string midfeilder who spends lots of time near goals. That may open up the position forward for Fasolo if hes good enough

As a midfielder I think Elliott going forward will be behind the likes of Freeman, De Goey, Broomhead and Maynard and still spend the majority of his time up forward.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood

Let's hope one of the Daicos boys gets a run one day, might have to bin the policy then. Any Presti kids out there?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

I thought it was white men can't jump

I seem to have a lot more love for Fas than most and believe as long as he stays fit will have a stellar career at Collingwood. People forget hoe quickly he adapted to senior footy in his first year and have marked him hard because of this. He was super consistent as a young player immediately becoming a fixed part of a team coming off a flag. In his 2nd year he continued in the same vein, producing almost every week, rarely not bobbing up for 1-2 goals. If you look at that season he virtually always kicked multiple goals against the Cats, Hawks and Eagles who were the other 3 top teams.

Forget 2013-14 as they were both damaged by injury. Fas showed far more in his 1st 2 seasons than say a Kennedy or Broomhead for instance. Think he will remind a few why he was being marked for an offensive midfield role prior to injuring himself in2013 pre season

As a midfielder I think Elliott going forward will be behind the likes of Freeman, De Goey, Broomhead and Maynard and still spend the majority of his time up forward.
That's 3 guys who haven't played yet and 1 who has had a promising 8 games but isn't established in the 22 yet

I would see it the other way. They need to prove they can go past Elliott which none do them may do in their career. Elliott is potential A grade the others are kids

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
That's 3 guys who haven't played yet and 1 who has had a promising 8 games but isn't established in the 22 yet

I would see it the other way. They need to prove they can go past Elliott which none do them may do in their career. Elliott is potential A grade the others are kids
I don't understand the Elliott in the midfeild thing. I would've thought with our already shortish midfeild that he doesn't help there.

Back