Catch up with Fages on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd just like to clarify about me being the one most "fired up".

We covered communication between Big Footy and the club, identity and branding (logo/guernseys/club name) and a few general queries re membership.

I led the branding chat, and the other two areas that we covered aren't exactly things that people get passionate and "emotional" about, so I didn't really intend on being the lone hand in regards to potentially questioning their strategy or stance.

I think if people still want answers to at least the guernseys, you'd get a better response from him with a well worded and detailed question than me presenting a view (while winging it face to face with the CEO of the club :$) that I can't really back up without strong statistics.

As I said in previous post, I thought his answer to the logo was fairly reasonable and valid, and I welcome the greater feedback and engagement they'll seek for the clash jumper. It'll be interesting to see what BLK say to Shutts or Fagan, but from what I've heard from the Crowmania guy, this years design was just a stuff up and we'll see a return of the full hoops in 2016.

Last edited:
He dropped a quip about being interested in getting his partner working after reading a post on her about her hosting on the Crows Tv Show.
Don't think the suggestion was a joke. ;)

Much classier & more knowledgeable than nikki visser...

{awaits posters jumping to nv's defence}

I'd just like to clarify about me being the one most "fired up".

We covered communication between Big Footy and the club, identity and branding (logo/guernseys/club name) and a few general queries re membership.

I led the branding chat, and the other two areas that we covered aren't exactly things that people get passionate and "emotional" about, so I didn't really intend on being the lone hand in regards to potentially questioning their strategy or stance.

I think if people still want answers to at least the guernseys, you'd get a better response from him with a well worded and detailed question than me presenting a view (while winging it face to face with the CEO of the club :$) that I can't really back up without strong statistics.

As I said in previous post, I thought his answer to the logo was fairly reasonable and valid, and I welcome the greater feedback and engagement they'll seek for the clash jumper. It'll be interesting to see what BLK say to Shutts or Fagan, but from what I've heard from the Crowmania guy, this years design was just a stuff up and we'll see a return of the full hoops in 2016.
Yes ive clearly exaggerated a few things ;)

We've locked in a 'season preview' and 'season review' for them to provide us.
Format for this will be for us to collate a good set of quality 'top 10' type questions/areas we'd like some answers/feedback on. They'll take it away and come back with detailed responses which we'll share here for discussion and debate.

No set date for another face to face - but it was mentioned as happening again down the track. As the season gets into swing they'll have little time.

Commitment was given to support regular contact (both ways).

Shutts also happy to put a few of us on the SA media announcements list they email out to for formal announcements. I'll probably get myself and the other mods onto that.

I didn't push the barrow too hard on other ideas I had for options - I'll use the established channel we now have to bring them up in due course.
We need pull because online is very relevant. It's a go to.

Just catching up on all of this business (I stopped caring when I wasn't picked to go along). Sounds like it went as well as could possibly be expected. Really looking forward to the notes.

Good work to all involved, especially Bigfella for organising it. :thumbsu:

The more I see and hear the more positive I become about the new direction of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PAPs can get a prison bar jumper from Fiji in a week. We can get hoops for the season in three months.
Not as simple as that. The PAPs wore the prison bars as a special guernsey, if we want to make a permanent change, it takes approvals from AFL and manufacturer and usually a season or so. Look at what happened with Brisbane when changed back to the old logo, took over a season for it to come into effect. So basically, this means we're stuck with the panels for atleast another season

#returnthehoops

Fages is so impressive. We just felt so comfortable having a chat, where in reality we were sitting in a board room of a multimillion dollar organisation meeting with the CEO.

Shuttsy and Fages treated us really well and there certainly was no sense of them looking down on anyone in anyway. Everyone was heard and respected. Fages is so open and so switched on.

Great meeting.

He expects criticism. Mentioned it a few times. Loves the 70/30 view (rather than the 80/20 I tend to drop...). Well aware he can't please everyone all the time but hopes to build the trust and authenticity that wins people over in time.

Hey's also happy for us to bring particularly fiery topics back to him and/or shutts for clarification whenever we feel that's valid.
Is aware that even using such a process people will want to 'discuss' what is said quite alot.

This isn't a guy who wants to sit in an ivory tower. He wants a genuine connection. He knows he needs to make decisions and at times they may be wrong. He welcomes the feedback.

A few times one of us mumbled in a slightly embarrassed way about 'negativity' of the fanbase, and obviously bigfooty at times, on various topics. He cut in and made the point he doesn't see it as negative to here the feedback from passionate people who want to see the club succeed.
Well, I'll be! We've gone from pathetic agitators to critical thinkers and all it took was a change in CEO.:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back