Is Hird gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I predict this thread to be done and dusted before Hird.
Thanks for the challenge!

I was happy when I heard the news yesterday. Perception is that Hird considers himself untouchable, so when something doesn't go his way....

DonSmallgoods.gif

The little goblin running Essendon doesn't have the balls to sack him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DonSmallgoods.gif

The little goblin running Essendon doesn't have the balls to sack him

Funny that....I was under the distinct impression that it is Hird who is running Essendon.....Especially given that anyone who hasn't been towing his line of late is swiftly shown the door!

The AFL has already punished Hird/Essendon.

It's up to ASADA now to hand down appropriate penalties (If any) to the only people within their jurisdiction: The players!

It's absolutely mind blowing that non-Essendon supporters can actually believe this. Bombers supporters I can sort of understand, they use it as a coping mechanism. But for non-Bombers to believe it, just wow.

It's absolutely mind blowing that non-Essendon supporters can actually believe this. Bombers supporters I can sort of understand, they use it as a coping mechanism. But for non-Bombers to believe it, just wow.

So please enlighten me as to which aspects of those 2 statements are wrong in fact!

So please enlighten me as to which aspects of those 2 statements are wrong in fact!

That the AFL have no power to punish Essendon because they already have punished them.

Clearly that's not the case. The punished them for "governance issues". When the Bombers cop their suspensions there will be further sanctions on the club (they will lose the number 1 draft pick this year at minimum).

That the AFL have no power to punish Essendon because they already have punished them.

Clearly that's not the case. The punished them for "governance issues". When the Bombers cop their suspensions there will be further sanctions on the club (they will lose the number 1 draft pick this year at minimum).

No doubt it is within the Afl's scope/power to punish them if/where they see fit for serious breaches....I'm just not sure that they would do so again for effectively the self-same sin!

Fact is, Essendon were demoted from the finals in 2013, (Quite a significant punishment in & of itself) & have already received harsh sanctions for the past 2 Drafts as further punishment for their bringing the game into disrepute.

I seriously doubt that the AFL will be sticking their oar in the water again over this one.....The ball is well & truly in ASADA's court now!

No doubt it is within the Afl's scope/power to punish them if/where they see fit for serious breaches....I'm just not sure that they would do so again for effectively the self-same sin!

Fact is, Essendon were demoted from the finals in 2013, (Quite a significant punishment in & of itself) & have already received harsh sanctions for the past 2 Drafts as further punishment for their bringing the game into disrepute.

I seriously doubt that the AFL will be sticking their oar in the water again over this one.....The ball is well & truly in ASADA's court now!

They won't hand the number 1 pick to a club that has just had half it's list banned though. I doubt they'll place further financial sanctions on the Bombers or ban them from the finals again (with half a list they won't need to), but there will be draft penalties.

It's mind blowing to you that many non-efc supporters are able to put aside blinkered hatred/htb group think when assessing what has transpired to date?...yes, I am sure it is:drunk:

Why would they sack him now, they could have sacked him 2 years ago but they havent
Its like he has threatened to bring down everyone with him if they were to sack him

But alas it continues

Yup. He's a team player and that's why the club is with him all the way.

He'll stay. Essendon FC will allow him to keep fighting it, because they know that if he wins, they win.

EFC want the evidence thrown out just as much as James, but they understand that it doesn't exactly look great if they are front and centre trying to throw out the anti-doping agencies investigation.

Hird can't allow the evidence of what he and the staff he hand picked implemented, see the light of day. If it does, this will go nuclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back