Worst Brownlow Medalist since 2000

Worst Brownlow Medal winning season since 2000?

• Jason Akermanis (2001)

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Simon Black (2002)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Mark Ricciuto (2003)

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Nathan Buckley (2003)

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Adam Goodes (2003)

• Chris Judd (2004)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Cousins (2005)

• Adam Goodes (2006)

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Jimmy Bartel (2007)

• Adam Cooney (2008)

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Gary Ablett Jnr (2009)

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Chris Judd (2010)

Votes: 33 13.0%
  • Dane Swan (2011)

• Jobe Watson (2012)

Votes: 32 12.6%
  • Gary Ablett Jnr (2013)

• Matthew Pridis (2014)

Votes: 97 38.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Cotchin (2012). Had a very good year, but nowhere near as good as Mitchell and polled his votes in a weaker team with far fewer standout players (Deledio, Grigg and Tuck were the only other Tigers to score 10+ votes).

Lol worthy.

But it doesn't relate to the poll.

Cooney by far, the only people saying he was a deserving winner are dogs supporters.

Ablett was the best player in that season followed by Richo.

Cooney by far, the only people saying he was a deserving winner are dogs supporters.

Not surprising you missed the point. Read the below quote:

Whether or not there was a player more deserving that year is irrelevant. The question is which season in isolation was the worst. Quite clearly, Akermanis' was not the worst.

Cooney's 2008 was not worse than Priddis 2014

Also your shot at dogs supporters doesn't really fly, but it never does with you. I said Cooney deserved his medal on merit, it wasn't like he was an average player that year. He was a very good player and one of the reasons we were a top four team. It's not like he's a honest battler in a bottom 8 team.

Ablett and Franklin might have deserved it more but that's the way it goes.

Your argument here holds as much weight as your "nobody wants to get traded to the dogs. Except for those players traded to the dogs" assertion

Not surprising you missed the point. Read the below quote:

Cooney's 2008 was not worse than Priddis 2014

Also your shot at dogs supporters doesn't really fly, but it never does with you. I said Cooney deserved his medal on merit, it wasn't like he was an average player that year. He was a very good player and one of the reasons we were a top four team. It's not like he's a honest battler in a bottom 8 team.

Ablett and Franklin might have deserved it more but that's the way it goes.

I think Priddis was better than Cooney, Cooney was good average but not top 5 that year.

I know I'm going to get picked up on bias, but Cooney isn't the worst Brownlow medallist.

The main reason that he's seen as one of the "worst" is because he's had only the one standout season, and then was cut down by injury. If he didn't have the injury, he would have continued to play at a very high level and in retrospect his Brownlow year wouldn't have been seen as an anomaly.

As for the worst? It's Priddis, without a doubt.

Judd in 2010 was an absolute joke as was him squeezing into the AA side that year on the bench.

Judd didn't squeeze into the AA side; he was voted a top 5 midfielder in both the coaches award and the MVP that season, so suggesting his selection was a massive joke is just bullocks. He was a gimmie for All Australian selection, it was just a matter of where. Given his game revolved around being a centre square player (top 2 in clearances and stoppages) and a few players were ahead of him there, selectors went with a runner in Montagna on the wing and Judd on the bench, despite Judd having had a the better season.

On pure playing ability, Priddis.

He is a nice extractor in tight and can win allot of ball but can't kick, is slow and butchers and often tries to do too much.

Nope. I also say Cooney was a deserving winner and I'm no Dogs supporter. In fact, I struggle to think of many winners who haven't deserved the award. You can go back to KB 'losing' the medal to Greig in 74' to find people bitching and moaning about the result, but mostly I think the biggest issue is that some don't appreciate the award's nuances. One player may have a phenomenal game for example and get three votes, while another player may have nowhere near as good a game and still grab three votes by virtue of being best in his game. Not all votes are equal, but they're counted as such, which is just the way in-game voting goes. The result is that the perceived "best" player of the season, isn't always going to win the award, which is actually something I really like about the Brownlow. To get the medal though, you usually need to have had a consistently great season; and if you have, then you're a deserving winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its ok, that Manofclay guy will be here within a hour to tell you how wrong you are.

Judging by the seemingly out of context reply by leekok, Adam H has weighed in on this debate and because he's on ignore I can't see it. That should tell you all you need to know really - the guy is just a continuous troll. Anyone who has ever tried to reason with him knows this.

Leekok is just a lightweight wannabe.

Judging by the seemingly out of context reply by leekok, Adam H has weighed in on this debate and because he's on ignore I can't see it. That should tell you all you need to know really - the guy is just a continuous troll. Anyone who has ever tried to reason with him knows this.

Leekok is just a lightweight wannabe.
A wannabe what? just like to have a laugh at the s**t you post.

Last edited:
Back