News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there an issue with Witts that I have missed?
I think the reference is to his left shoulder, now being almost 100%

There's a club interview of him on the CFC website that was done in the family day training a week ago (or somewhere in the TD and MG training thread here:)

Last edited:
Folks,

Popin has been given a holiday from BigFooty for three weeks.

It was something that happened on another board - we've got no idea what it was about - but we've been chatting to him behind the scenes and he's got other stuff going on in his life ATM so he's happy to take a break.

Popin was doing an awesome job keeping this thread and the ASADA thread up-to-date. Please pitch in to take up some of the slack in his absence.

We can see speedytiger has taken the initiative - keep it up!

FYI popin Vicky Park Magpie Girl Gone Critical

Last edited:
Ah, yeah, nah.

Cloke, Reid, Elliott, Fasolo, Swan and Kennedy/Karnezis etc.

Sorry if I'm jaded, the off season wait can excite some I guess but I still remember White dropping those chest marks and the fact that Beams was our top 3 goalkicker. :(

I hope those players you listed are a lock week in week out.

This is all probably old news but I missed it until now so maybe this'll be new to a few others as well.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-01-30/magpies-prepare-for-queenstown-camp-2015

The entire Collingwood team will travel to Queenstown, New Zealand this weekend for its 2015 pre-season training camp.

The players will take part in seven days of training, conditioning and development sessions, which will include an adventure race through the picturesque mountain area.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-01-30/magpies-prepare-for-queenstown-camp-2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if I'm jaded, the off season wait can excite some I guess but I still remember White dropping those chest marks and the fact that Beams was our top 3 goalkicker. :(

I hope those players you listed are a lock week in week out.

If it means anything, I accept your apology. Can I try to cheer you up a little? Despite the loss of key players, and the underwhelming output of some of our 2013 recruits, I would suggest this pre-season should elicit much more optimism than last year for two reasons:

a/ more players on the track. Better fitness levels, better training intensity, better competition for positions in our best 22
b/ more players on the track. Do you (or anyone) recall the team using VFL players in our training sessions this pre-season? Because I am pretty certain we had to pull in VFL players last year to boost our numbers on the track. This, more than anything, fills me with optimism.

Anyway, I hope that goes some way to alleviating your jaded mindset. If not, I recommend the Laphroaig 10-year old Scotch Whiskey. :)

I once drew illustrations of an interstate game and posted them on Twitter. I think we should think about that for interstate away games this year. Adds another dimension.

View attachment 106127

OS, I don't know if the Board can cope with the high standard of your illustrations. Do we need an 'art' thread?

(Kidding of course! I love them!)

Folks,

Popin has been given a holiday from BigFooty for three weeks.

It was something that happened on another board - we've got no idea what it was about - but we've been chatting to him behind the scenes and he's got other stuff going on in his life ATM so he's happy to take a break.

Popin was doing an awesome job keeping this thread and the ASADA thread up-to-date. Please pitch in to take up some of the slack in his absence.

We can see speedytiger has taken the initiative - keep it up!

FYI popin Vicky Park Magpie Girl Gone Critical

Thanks for Update.

3 Weeks is a long Ban

Haha check out the 36 second mark where he kicks the ball and another ball bobs up closer to the screen at the perfect moment to look like a shank (if you use your imagination a little).

Looked like something out of Monty Python. On a side note Crisp looks bloody huge. Freeman's a beast, but Crisp looks like a Sherman tank in that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back