The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't lose the faith, I was at this stage at 25 working in hospitality and completely lost as to what I wanted to do. Thought about taking any old job and just coasting through life.

Instead I decided to go back to uni and 5 years later I'm on a totally different career path with a Masters degree under my belt and couldn't imagine doing anything else for the rest of my life.

Its never too late to find your "career" ;)
Whilst that is great, I would need to know what I want to do with my life to then go and study said subject at uni. But I simply dont know.

He's been incredibly selfish and egotistical during this process. Disgraceful. Wonder how long this hero worship crap will continue.

A few of my friends who are hardcore Essendon fans even say he should've been sacked. A debacle really.

Amusing though for people outside Essendon. s**t for their fans.

Whilst that is great, I would need to know what I want to do with my life to then go and study said subject at uni. But I simply dont know.
I didn't either at that stage. Went to countless open days and careers expos, read through course guides front to back and spent hours researching online. Certainly wasn't easy and I now have a HECS debt in excess of 40k but I'm glad I did it.

Delicious.

So glad it was Essendon and that big eared can't has to pay a fortune in legal fees. Eat a dick, Hird.
But 'apparently' according to Hird it's about the players:rolleyes: In reality his ego comes first. Appeasing Tania comes second and what's best for the players is an afterthought.

So glad his appeal failed. If this happened under Matthew Knights' watch he'd have been out on his arse long ago.

What's completely stupid is that no matter what, the club commit to standing by the bloke dragging their name through the mud! If they got rid of him then they just have to put the drugs part of it behind them, now they need to do that & the coach drama involved too

Something still in hospitality/bartending or looking for something completely different?
I think something completely different. Im over bartending.

But just no idea what. Has anybody ever been a courier before? I think that would an alright job, just cruising around in your car all day. Playing some tunes, delivering some packages. Seems easy.

Well I had quite the night last night, headed out to a local bar, had a few, then we started walking home at 12 and got involved in 2 fights!!!

There are some serious morons out there and that's the last time we walk home, absolutely shocking decision!!! Never again

Hand and face is a little sore today!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think something completely different. Im over bartending.

But just no idea what. Has anybody ever been a courier before? I think that would an alright job, just cruising around in your car all day. Playing some tunes, delivering some packages. Seems easy.

From what I understand, courier companies have high turnover of staff so they are always looking for people. Not sure of what qualifications are needed though.

I think I get now why you seem to post here in the early hours of the morning - probably just finishing work!

Well I had quite the night last night, headed out to a local bar, had a few, then we started walking home at 12 and got involved in 2 fights!!!

There are some serious morons out there and that's the last time we walk home, absolutely shocking decision!!! Never again

Hand and face is a little sore today!

Random idiots out and about just looking for fights? Barely go out these days but have seen that s**t before. Too many dickheads out there.

From what I understand, courier companies have high turnover of staff so they are always looking for people. Not sure of what qualifications are needed though.

I think I get now why you seem to post here in the early hours of the morning - probably just finishing work!

Random idiots out and about just looking for fights? Barely go out these days but have seen that s**t before. Too many dickheads out there.

Yep, heard them yelling and screaming from a distance, then saw 3 of them walking towards us talking trash, instantly knew s**t was about to go down, they had another 8 or so ready to jump in to help, big dudes too!!!

Yep, heard them yelling and screaming from a distance, then saw 3 of them walking towards us talking trash, instantly knew s**t was about to go down, they had another 8 or so ready to jump in to help, big dudes too!!!

The pack mentality is a disgrace these days. The things some guys do when they're in numbers. Crazy stuff.

Yep. I work a lot of night. So often post in the early hours of the morning. Would love to get out of that habit though and have a normal day job.

You think for being a courier, surely all the qualifications you need if a drivers license and a pretty clean record with speeding or driving incidents like crashes or DUI's etc.

Yep. I work a lot of night. So often post in the early hours of the morning. Would love to get out of that habit though and have a normal day job.

You think for being a courier, surely all the qualifications you need if a drivers license and a pretty clean record with speeding or driving incidents like crashes or DUI's etc.
What about FIFO?

Do you need like a light vehicle license or something to drive those vans/trucks? Not sure what the laws are in WA.

Or there are companies that use bike couriers etc for CBD jobs. Lots of options.

Where do you bartend? Restaurant or nightclub etc? I did it very early on for some extra cash in uni, but only lasted about 2 months. Hated all the smoke and coming home and having to air my clothes out. This was a couple of years before the laws changed about smoking indoors.

My dad did it for a while after being made redundant from his long term job, seemed to enjoy it. Helps if you are good with people because you end up delivering stuff to the same businesses regularly and form relationships with them.

Didn't need any specific qualifications IIRC, although he bought his own franchise rather than working for a company so may be different requirements. He just did it in a Ford Courier van.

Do you need like a light vehicle license or something to drive those vans/trucks? Not sure what the laws are in WA.

Or there are companies that use bike couriers etc for CBD jobs. Lots of options.

Where do you bartend? Restaurant or nightclub etc? I did it very early on for some extra cash in uni, but only lasted about 2 months. Hated all the smoke and coming home and having to air my clothes out. This was a couple of years before the laws changed about smoking indoors.
Well I believe their are quite a few courier places that let you use your own car but im not too sure. I havent super looked into it yet. A bike courier would be fun. Would keep you fit too.

Right now im at a pub which has an extended license to 1am. But if you work til 1am on weekend, cleanup will usually take you to 3am. Home by 3:30am. The smoke isnt an issue anymore at all which is great.

My dad did it for a while after being made redundant from his long term job, seemed to enjoy it. Helps if you are good with people because you end up delivering stuff to the same businesses regularly and form relationships with them.

Didn't need any specific qualifications IIRC, although he bought his own franchise rather than working for a company so may be different requirements. He just did it in a Ford Courier van.
I wonder if the money is any good. Probably pretty standard I guess, would they cover your petrol though as that would get pricy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back