"We've financials ready for you and David for AOD project" - the line on which it all now hangs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
millions of views on this site because of this saga, how much do the site operators make per click? id like to see those revenue streams.

Interesting enough one of the main owners of the site is Calzada. Has this been all one great effort to raise revenue from their internet advertising income streams? Hold on I just need to get my tin foil hat while I ponder this likely conspiracy. I am sure if we trace the owners of Calzada we will find David Evans & James Hird as one of the main shareholders. After this scandal finishes the Calzada revenues will be sky high creating a spike in their share price, Hird & Evans will sell their shares making monsterous profits. Both are stockbrokers so it must be true. It is insider trading genius at its very best. I think all should be buying shares in Calzada ASAP.

So, we are looking likely to have a club with no squad (suspended) and no draft picks (penalties). Hmmmm, there's a nice challenge, hope they put the band back together (Hirdy and Bomber) for that one, they deserve it.

One of a few smoking guns.

But if the implication is that Hird and Evans knew of a deliberate testing program using unwitting Essendon players, then it will be seen as the biggest scandal in the history of the game. It is staggering to think that anyone would use his own players as guinea pigs for their own financial gain other than for team success

Hmmm I wonder if this is why the club is fighting so hard to stop evidence getting out. Just wondering...

Worth revisiting this thread.
There's a very good reason that Hird has fought so hard for the evidence to be quashed.

Will he continue to fight it? Well, if the story behind the 'financials' is true, then he has no choice.

There's a very good reason that Hird has fought so hard for the evidence to be quashed.

Will he continue to fight it? Well, if the story behind the 'financials' is true, then he has no choice.

Very shallow understanding of this smoking gun, nothing sinister in the context of a business proposal, unless the courier was Lee Harvey Oswald.

It's always been the main game ...
Never forget the look on Albert's face when he was "shocked to be sitting here"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's always been the main game ...
Never forget the look on Albert's face when he was "shocked to be sitting here"
You could tell he was a goner from that very moment. The expression on his face looked like he was about to be sent to Indonesia to the firing squad. Then the playing of his fingers... if we had a camera at the bottom of his chair, we'd be seeing brown matter sloshing off the sides.

Very shallow understanding of this smoking gun, nothing sinister in the context of a business proposal, unless the courier was Lee Harvey Oswald.
I wouldn't want to confuse you.

Is that a subtle attempt at a putdown OR an acknowledgement you now understand what presenting a set of financials to a banker involves - sadly the former I'd bet.

The thing is the context this came out in. Dank was being manoeuvred to take the fall by Essendon when he dropped out this doozy. Since then they have treated him like a leper made of finest filigree, they haven't touched him.

Why is that? If the AOD financial are just an innocent thing, why did their mention cause Essendon to shut up and leave the one bloke who could clear the whole mess up alone?

The thing is the context this came out in. Dank was being manoeuvred to take the fall by Essendon when he dropped out this doozy. Since then they have treated him like a leper made of finest filigree, they haven't touched him.

Why is that? If the AOD financial are just an innocent thing, why did their mention cause Essendon to shut up and leave the one bloke who could clear the whole mess up alone?

We know why ...
The journey to the truth will be a fascinating one .
Enjoy the ride ...

Accept your take, I'm back at the point of presenting the financials, its what you do when you are trying to raise $s - be sure the ACC would have screened this deal & IF your take* had substance/was somehow crooked, they would love to prosecute a financier.
* I could have used spin , but it could be taken out of context.

What did Stephen Dank mean when he texted this to James Hird?

How can this text be interpreted? It is far from complete, and we lack a great deal of context, but it does have plenty of implications.

Hird and Evans have denied investing in Calzada after the presentation on AOD.

But this whole saga has shown us time and time again that what Essendon, and particularly Hird, say, cannot be taken at face value.

For example the injections that Hird never got, but hang on, oh actually, did get.

What does did not invest mean? In what capacity perhaps did they not invest? Did they not invest personally as private individuals, but perhaps know people who did?

Why would Dank be giving them "financials" on the "AOD project"?

If it turns out either of Evans or Hird DID in fact invest in a project to bring AOD to market, the implications are truly staggering.

Mind boggling.

For mine, this entire drama now hangs on this very point.

I fail to see why it has anything to do with the doping case.

AOD has been deemed not an issue by ASADA so who cares whether they invested or not. You can argue its immoral etc as they were injecting players but in the context of the doping case its irrelevent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back