WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir..._slaughter_believes_daniel_bryans_popularity/

Sgt. Slaughter did a radio interview today on KNBR 680, a San Francisco radio station, to promote Wrestlemania and talk general wrestling stuff with host Tom Tolbert, who is an avid wrestling fan. During the interview, Slaughter basically said that the fans' reaction to Daniel Bryan's elimination at RR was more related to the fact that they couldn't chant "YES!" anymore, and reiterated that the chant is what has Bryan over with the fans. The result, in his opinion, was the fans revolting against the guy they saw to be winning in Bryan's place.

If they're going to do the Axel thing, then they've gotta bring back everyone that's been screwed out of a Rumble to be in the tournament. The one's I can think of are Nunzio (2005), Scotty 2 Hotty (2005), Headbanger Mosh (1999) and...er...umm...Test (2004)

Bastion Booger (1994) :D

Only reason I remember that was the commentators played it up as Bret Hart being unable to compete due to injury in earlier tag title match

If the "YES" chant is the only reason Daniel Bryan gets cheered, then why did nobody buy into Brie Bella when she tried to hijack it? Why did no one care when Big Show tried to use it in late 2013? That's like saying the "What?" chant was the only thing that got Stone Cold over.

Sgt. Slaughter is one of Vince's yes men, can't take the old flog seriously.

n1ZHhDe.gif

Holy s**t, does Smackdown suck. Today was the first time in over 6 months I've watched it, because stupid me thought they might do something important after what happened with Raw.

As it turns out, giving up after 25 minutes so I could IQ and fast forward was an inspired decision.

Triple H announces that he's going to make an announcement.

I agree with those saying that this is going to be a bait and switch involving Roman Reigns vs Curtis Axel.

And the Casket match - which ran for 3 segments - was one of the worst DB matches I can remember seeing in the last few years. Trying to Yes Lock his way of the casket and "twisting" Kane into it was the most contrived, stupid thing I've seen since... well, since Monday when I saw Roman Reigns squat in a corner for 20 minutes before winning the Rumble.

Did anyone else hear Lawler talk about how ironic it was that a Casket match was taking place on Smackdown, and then failing to explain it?

I was left to think that Lawler sees being on Smackdown as being a fate equivalent to death...

Last edited:
I was happy I decided on watching the NHL over Smackdown no doubt lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after hearing him speak so much about sierra nevada and various other ipa's on his podcast i'm disappointed to see austin with a can of that swill in his hand.

after hearing him speak so much about sierra nevada and various other ipa's on his podcast i'm disappointed to see austin with a can of that swill in his hand.

Bud is underrated IMO. Crisp and easy drinking.

Still, he probably just grabbed whatever they had going free in catering, or whatever was on hand for his gimmick.

It's true though. Roman was getting some lukewarm reactions here and there prior to the Rumble, but that PPV was the first time he's been boo'ed as far as I've seen.

2nd that. He did have Cheers. Nothing like Bryan was getting but still I don’t remember him getting massively booed like at the the Rumble

It's true though. Roman was getting some lukewarm reactions here and there prior to the Rumble, but that PPV was the first time he's been boo'ed as far as I've seen.

The part about him only being booed just because Bryan didn't win is BS though.

It doesn't explain why he was booed when he entered or when he was shown on the screen before the Rumble match.

The part about him only being booed just because Bryan didn't win is BS though.

It doesn't explain why he was booed when he entered or when he was shown on the screen before the Rumble match.

Because the crowd on hand "knew" the outcome, and had their minds made up accordingly.

Bryan was probably the only face character who didn't get boo'ed to some degree on the show, too. Crowd was particular snarky.

Bryan was probably the only face character who didn't get boo'ed to some degree on the show, too. Crowd was particular snarky.
Mizdow, Ambrose, Ziggler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back