Teams 2015 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

M. Dick needs to be in the mids line next to A Swallow.

But seriously, dump Griffen. Maybe use the money to upgrade from Koldjajajdjdjedzni, move one of your DPPs from FWD to Mid, and ass another FWD rookie. Or just add another mid rookie.

I like Kalphabet though. He averaged something like 39 possies a game in the TAC Cup. Had no pre-season last year and still averaged 17 possies per game. Reckon he will average 23+ possies & 90+ fantasy points this year. Big call I know, but I reckon he will be a modern day Joel Bowden as far as being a fantasy Def pig.

First Draft DT15.PNG

First draft - be interesting to see how much it changes in 2 months. Obviously rookies will change and a few bolters will come through the NAB.

Backs seem a bit avg this year.

Impressive !! You seem to have a nice mix of premium and up and coming players. I particularly like the picks of Murphy and Docherty - i think they are both in for massive seasons. My only query would be how confident are you that Z.Jones and B.Goodes will be getting weekly games? I think it might be risky having them both in and receiving a O some weeks.

And also would you have any thoughts as to who has more upside between B. Acres v P. Cripps v N. Freeman ? I currently have Acres but am considering different options?

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 8.16.34 am.png Feel free to vent your ideas and thoughts about my team. Looking to do a bit of trouble shooting over the next couple weeks and pretty unconfident with my rookies -

Impressive !! You seem to have a nice mix of premium and up and coming players. I particularly like the picks of Murphy and Docherty - i think they are both in for massive seasons. My only query would be how confident are you that Z.Jones and B.Goodes will be getting weekly games? I think it might be risky having them both in and receiving a O some weeks.

And also would you have any thoughts as to who has more upside between B. Acres v P. Cripps v N. Freeman ? I currently have Acres but am considering different options?

At this stage I have no idea if Jones or Goodes will be getting games. Jones certainly has an upside if he's 1/2 as good as his brother.

As for those rookie mids I'd be going for Freeman, Cripps then Acres in that order. Acres was not a ball magnet at TAC cup level.

Kalphabet only played 2 games in the TAC cup 2013 from memory. Had 45 disposals from memory in one game the other he was in the teens.

Very biased sample size.

M. Dick needs to be in the mids line next to A Swallow.

But seriously, dump Griffen. Maybe use the money to upgrade from Koldjajajdjdjedzni, move one of your DPPs from FWD to Mid, and ass another FWD rookie. Or just add another mid rookie.
What is wrong with Griffen? He could do quite well, I think.

Edit: Never mind. Apparently I am losing it. So try this:

DT2015.PNG

No "premiums" in the back line cos I can't see any of them doing anything much other than drop off. So a "value" approach there.

Not sure if I'm happy with bellchambers, fuller, hogan, lennon, honeychurch, lumumba, newton. All have some good hype, so I struggled to find better choices. I may have been sucked in. :)

Any obvious issues?

Last edited:

Cripps without a shadow of a doubt

Will be best 22 and is an inside mid, grunt, ball winner

Cripps without a shadow of a doubt

Will be best 22 and is an inside mid, grunt, ball winner
What makes an inside mid grunt ball winner like Ziebell, Dangerfield, Judd to a degree such good DTers?

over potential outside Macraes?

Everyone needs to be case by case. Its impossible to say picking Rookie A over another at the moment until NAB cup and even round 1 teams. Ive seen alot of Carlton fans who dont actually have Cripps best 22 when i looked.

The only one ive heard about in PS is Freeman tearing up the track :rolleyes:

What makes an inside mid grunt ball winner like Ziebell, Dangerfield, Judd to a degree such good DTers?

over potential outside Macraes?

Everyone needs to be case by case. Its impossible to say picking Rookie A over another at the moment until NAB cup and even round 1 teams. Ive seen alot of Carlton fans who dont actually have Cripps best 22 when i looked.

The only one ive heard about in PS is Freeman tearing up the track :rolleyes:
Simple for rookies being inside is better.

It means they are around the ball more, get easy tackles and are never "out" of the game. An outside player can very easily float out of a game completely and finish with 2 touches and no tackles etc. An inside rookie has a higher floor than an outside player. Obviously the ceiling depends on how good they are, but in terms for Dream Team you're looking at who is going to fail the least in my opinion a solid inside mid is a far safer bet than an outside flake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simple for rookies being inside is better.

It means they are around the ball more, get easy tackles and are never "out" of the game. An outside player can very easily float out of a game completely and finish with 2 touches and no tackles etc. An inside rookie has a higher floor than an outside player. Obviously the ceiling depends on how good they are, but in terms for Dream Team you're looking at who is going to fail the least in my opinion a solid inside mid is a far safer bet than an outside flake.

Well answered. Although as much as inside players get tackles, they equally lose out on cheap marks and kicks eg: Montagna, Swan, Stanton, Sloane and now Macrae. Whereas guys like Judd, Ziebell, Dangerfield and Griffen might get tackles but they dont get the easy cheap kicks/marks.

For rookies though you can only really comment after NAB cup and 1st round teams are picked as to who will be the better player for dream team.

View attachment 106274 Feel free to vent your ideas and thoughts about my team. Looking to do a bit of trouble shooting over the next couple weeks and pretty unconfident with my rookies -
Scott Selwood won't start the season so you'll need to change him. Same goes for Brendan Whitecross.

Probably a few too many speculative mid-pricers in there. I think Wines is more suited to SuperCoach than he is to Fantasy, but his season last year was very consistent. He rarely scored under 80 but didn't really crack the ton enough. Perhaps he will this year.

Grimes doesn't appear to have a Fantasy friendly role under Paul Roos and his season last year showed he's back down to a step below the Premiums (if you an actually call them Premiums) in the backline.

Love the speculative picks of Caddy, Martin and Newnes, however.

Here we go.................

BACKS - BURGOYNE (HAW) HIBBERD (ESS) LAMUMBA (MEL)

MCSTAY (BL) IBBOTSON (FRE) WATERS (WCE)

N. BROWN (COLL) H. GODDARD (STK)

MIDS - ABLETT (GCS) PENDLEBURY (COLL) BOAK (PTA) HODGE (HAW)

BONTOMPELLI (WB) N. VAN BERLO (ADE) NEWTON (MEL) FREEMAN (COLL)

HEENEY (SYD) BOEKHURST (CARL) STEELE (GWS)

RUCKS - JACOBS (ADE) BELLCHAMBERS (ESS) WRIGHT (GCS)

FWDS - GRAY (PTA) DELEDIO (RICH) SWAN (COLL)

PETRACCA (MEL) MEMBREY (STK) CLARK (GEEL)

HOGAN (MEL) LEVERDE (ESS)

My team is purely decided by which rookies are playing round one and what they have done in NAB cup so until that happens i just have a list of names to search for over preseason ect and stay open minded to picking just about anyone.

Edit: Never mind. Apparently I am losing it. So try this:

View attachment 106382

Any obvious issues?

- Personally I dont see Ibbo worth the money in the backline. I cant see him being up there with the top defenders or earning much money.
- Kruezer on the bench is a waste of money (you could upgrade Ibbo with the cash!!). You need to get rid of two of bellchambers, luey, Kruez & maric in my opinion (At least one).
- Bellchambers in the forward line?? There is so much value in the forward line this year. (I have him in my rucks at this stage) but I have several other players in the forward line ahead of him. Saying that it could be an astute move. However if you have him in the forward line, you should select the R4 as a rookie who is a ruck/forward like

Thats my thoughts

TEAM NAME: 998. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
Used: $9,906,000 (99.1%), Remaining: $94,000 (0.9%)
Def: N.Malceski (92.05), M.Hibberd (89.40), S.Higgins (75.97), H.Lumumba (71.02), B.Whitecross (45.58), D.McKenzie (SUBS: C.Byrne M.Dick)
Mid: G.Ablett (119.26), S.Pendlebury (108.48), D.Heppell (107.07), J.Selwood (106.54), J.Caddy (69.26), N.van Berlo (48.06), D.Rich (47.35), A.Morabito (25.27) (SUBS: A.Saad K.Lambert)
Ruc: M.Leuenberger (48.94), M.Kreuzer (43.11) (SUBS: R.O'Brien T.Nankervis)
Fwd: B.Goddard (97.17), D.Swan (93.82), P.Ryder (88.69), M.Bontempelli (69.26), J.Hogan (34.28), M.Clark (27.56) (SUBS: C.Petracca M.Cox)

The subs in each line have not been researched properly yet... they are only there to fill space for the time being.

Any thoughts/ideas?

- Bellchambers in the forward line?? There is so much value in the forward line this year. (I have him in my rucks at this stage) but I have several other players in the forward line ahead of him. Saying that it could be an astute move. However if you have him in the forward line, you should select the R4 as a rookie who is a ruck/forward like
Bellchambers is in the fwd line if he gets the starting #1 ruck role. If he does one should expect him to add a hundred k in value quite quickly...
If he's not, I won't pick him at all.

That said, who do you think provides more value?

Bellchambers is in the fwd line if he gets the starting #1 ruck role. If he does one should expect him to add a hundred k in value quite quickly...
If he's not, I won't pick him at all.

That said, who do you think provides more value?

Like I said I am playing Bellchambers in my ruck (with kruezer). In the forward line there are so many people that interest me. Saying that, I am a person that thinks Martin's role in Brisbane will prevent me picking luey.

Players that I like in the forward line (Note: I won't place anyone over 400k):

M.Bontempelli, M.Walters, H.Cunningham, T.Lynch, K.Turner, J.Martin, J.Garlett,J.Hogan,T.Membrey,M.Clarke, B.Reid

Well they are the guys I am considering and like I said, This is a list of under 400k players. Currently I have 6 of them but..... There is more value here then in the midfield this year in my opinion.

Last edited:
There are so many forwards to keep an eye on.

IMO rookies might lack a bit now im looking at it.

I question either the scoring output, or durability or both for all those Hogan, Membrey, Boyd, M.Clark and Reid types. I spose 2 have to picked for the bench. I doubt all of them will be lining up round 1 due to injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back