The Official 'Is this the end of the Mamba' Week 14 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It staggers me that nba players rely on advisors to deal with their money....

Considering how clueless some of them are at life in general, and how many go broke, it's staggering that you'd be surprised by it.

They're regular people with an extraordinary talent. Just because you make lots of money, doesn't mean you know how to manage, spend and invest it wisely.

Considering how clueless some of them are at life in general, and how many go broke, it's staggering that you'd be surprised by it.

They're regular people with an extraordinary talent. Just because you make lots of money, doesn't mean you know how to manage, spend and invest it wisely.
I look at Bogut as an example of how players should take control of their finances.

He figured why should he be paying someone massive coin to take care of his money, so took financial courses in order to control his destiny.

Given the length of the average nba career it's something these guys will need to know in order to function in every day life. Not everyone has a career like Tim Duncan after all. Are the countless examples of nba players going broke or being swindled not enough?

I wasnt implying that they should automatically know what to do, just more that i'm still surprised more of them dont get financial qualifications to take control of their money

Last edited:
To think in around 5 years time we can say the exact same thing about Mo 'Panthro' Williams.
TO.gif

this will be my face when i reminisce

It's like survivor in Atlanta tonight...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blake with the party shot

feels like the Blazers should be up by more, but the hawks have had some arsey shots drop and some home cooking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hate a lot of home commentators, taking the piss out of everything the away team does.
The Cavs commentators are probably the worst at it.

Agree with this.

Being a homer is one thing, but there are those who cross a line and just become flat-out obnoxious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back