Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Or even better, is that somebody someone really really wants is still there at Pick 37 and they want to sell the farm to get that draft pick, and lo and behold, the same thing happens to another coach, but only this time it is with Pick 39..

Exactly! Pick 20 hasn't been selected yet, a guy you thought would be gone inside 15 is still available, so you make a very nice offer for 20 and get the guy you wanted. We could do it this season if guys were keen, you'll just have to trust me that I can work it out on the fly :) Also means pick 1 can go right now if they want... and then 2, 3 and so on. And also means we don't have to shut down the trade window until after the draft?

It doesn't affect me, like you I am ready now.

But some coaches might need time to finalise current trade negotiations, or even to do a last minute trade. It is a bit selfish to expect everybody to be ready just because some of us are.

I would expect at least a few days notice if not a week, but I will leave that up to Unknown Caller and L_W_P to decide

I think the idea of 'live trading' and the notion of trading future draft picks that has been mentioned recently have merit and something we should consider as a league. Unknown Caller, what are your thoughts on these two ideas?
I could see trading future draft picks happening if someone was willing to manage a list management thread for the whole season.

With regards to live trading, I don't think there's anything stopping coaches from agreeing to a deal during the draft and processing it straight after the draft is completed.

We need to wait until Tutty joins up so we can then start allocating keepers. Trade deadline and draft date will depend on how quickly we can allocate keepers and picks on UF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With regards to live trading, I don't think there's anything stopping coaches from agreeing to a deal during the draft and processing it straight after the draft is completed.

It happened before I think.

Get the feelong Rockford might have made a deal with someone about picking player X in the draft with a pre planned trade in mind.

We'll set a trade deadline of 11:59 PM AEST Wednesday and the draft beginning at 8:30 AM on Friday.

I think that will give enough time to set the keepers and draft order on UF.

We'll set a trade deadline of 11:59 PM AEST Wednesday and the draft beginning at 8:30 AM on Friday.

I think that will give enough time to set the keepers and draft order on UF.
Is it possible to suspend the 12 hour pick limit at night, between 10pm and 6am? I don’t think it will extend the draft any, but might make it a lot less stressful.

I don't think we can suspend it overnight, or that we should suspend it overnight. We're an active league, I'm sure we can set our pre-rankings as our picks approach or otherwise make a pick sometime in a 12 hour period. I'm potentially on tour for a full 12 hour period, but I'll still find a way to get my selection made.

I don't think we can suspend it overnight, or that we should suspend it overnight. We're an active league, I'm sure we can set our pre-rankings as our picks approach or otherwise make a pick sometime in a 12 hour period. I'm potentially on tour for a full 12 hour period, but I'll still find a way to get my selection made.
It is an available option, we have it in the other Big Footy Keeper league starting up. It would be interesting to hear other coaches thoughts. It won't really affect me one way or another, just thinking of the greater good :)

You can certainly stop the clock.

Coaches can make picks during the 'time out' period, there's just no pressure to actaully do it.

If you can't get access to the internet within a 12 hour period, then it's expected that you set your predraft rankings. The draft has worked swimmingly with this method. I actually think some coaches would be more upset with waiting for 20 hours for the coach in front of them to pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back