Queensland State Election (31/1/2015) - Labor form govt (Thread pg 54)

Remove this Banner Ad

A good source told me about 25%. Highest ever I was told.

Thanks, I found an article saying around 25% as well, will be interesting to see how that affects the vote as I'm under the impression they are counted after election day? Maybe I'm mistaken?

If it is still to be counted have the polls worsened for the LNP since 1-2 weeks ago? If you could get a breakdown the the pre-poll vs election-day voting patterns it would be interesting to see how much impact (at least partially)the Abbott 'knightmare' fiasco has had.

Last edited:

Another good source was telling me that in the booth they were counting in Springwood electorate the ALP was only 20 odd votes ahead but the flow of preferences to the ALP was enormous. Non exhausted was 100% green with 50% Family First and about 40% PUP. My source tells me LNP scrutineer was ringing home and say "put the beer on the fridge this is a bloodbath"

Pre-poll voting is the way to go. I think that we will see more of it.
My source tells me that it has been getting bigger each election as peeps get used to it. My booth was empty today and my Mums, when I drover he to vote as well. In the past I have queued to vote.

Newman officially concedes

oh_my_george_takei.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The libs can't be so stupid as to think this is about "messaging" and "selling their policy" can they?

Because that's the gist of what I am hearing from them.

Seems to be the recurring excuse with the Libs, it's not our policies, it's that we can't sell them. It's the policies, you'd think they might start to learn that.
"You dont know whats good for you!"

ALP on 43 seats seems pretty steady now. Did i hear Antony before say that the ALP were ahead in all seats in doubt?

Essentially blaming the electorate for being too dumb to comprehend their genius.
pretty basic dont lie to us you political morons.thats you newman and co

dont say you wont sack public servants and you will freeze electricity prices. then go sack nearly 20000 people and elec prices up by nearly 40%

Seems to be the recurring excuse with the Libs, it's not our policies, it's that we can't sell them. It's the policies, you'd think they might start to learn that.
Too bloody right. And that applies federally as well.

On another note the Green primary vote is hovering around 9%. I don't think they will disappear any time soon whether you like them or not, when 1 out of 11 voters are putting them 1 on the ballot paper. I imagine most or all Greens candidates preferenced the ALP over the LNP so if the ALP wins government you can thank them.
I think that the 9% swing against the liberals is a protest vote against the brand. I'm surprised the swing to the greens is so small.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back