Socceroos 2015 ASIAN CUP FINAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

12 months and he got a yellow card for it as well:(. Well it was for dissent because the umpire was a flog.:rolleyes:

I don't like to be picky on a wonderful night like tonight but it's referee mate referee!!

and I agree he was a flog he totally missed the hight boot on Sainsbury just before the Korean goal too.

Last edited:

I don't like to be picky on a wonderful night like tonight but it's referee mate referee!!

and I agree he was a flog he totally missed the hight boot on Sainsbury just before the Korean goal too.
Not to mention giving Kruse a yellow for "simulation", I mean if he was right then Kruse needs to be given an Oscar, moon boot and all, that's dedication.

Almost teared up seeing him come back onto the pitch on crutches and all the boys flocking to him giving him comfort, the feels :cry:

UypnLAL.jpg

Like you said, right in the feels...

You could've PM'd me mate. ;)

Fair point given its the soccer board. Keep the discussion to the Asian Cup and soccer in general, any more references to footy will be deleted.

Haha agree, but how ironic that technically it's a Bigfooty AFL forum

it was more the arguing about a certain clubs indescretion here taking away from the gloss of the win.

haha

whatever, the only boost to soccer from this event has been in the eastern states
Think what you like but I know what will be filling the back pages of every national paper for the next few days. Sure some died in the wall AFL fans won't think anything changes but watch junior numbers at local clubs over the next few years and tv ratings of soccer and you'll see a different story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a game! What a win!

Virtually a battle of attrition. With great character shown by both teams.

We stole the lead with Luongo's classy goal against the flow of play. Then hung on bravely for so long, only to be heartbroken with 90 seconds to go.

Going into extra-time I thought we could still win. But that the disappointment of leading for so long, only to be disappointed right at the death, coupled with the accumulation of yellow cards and all round exhaustion might play against us.

But no. The fairy-tale is complete.

We were so privileged last night to witness one of Australia soccer's greatest triumphs....

....and I even picked the score (see page 1 of this thread).

Of course on reflection it is great. However, do posters think that this game will remain in our memories forever regardless whatever we achieve in soccer.

90 seconds from HT - We score against the flow of play and we literally were in jubilation, first time to score a goal and what a goal it was.

90 seconds from FT - They score an amazing equalizer and we were literally shattered as if the game was lost and over.

10 minutes from penalty shoot out - We score again another goal against the flow of play, through the old saying never ever give up.

10 seconds from FT - SK are in a position to score an equalizer.

Penalties kinda sours the win to be honest, this epic battle deserved a winner by extra time.
o_O 10 seconds from end of first period of extra time might of been and acceptable stretch (was about 30) but was 15 minutes from a penalty shoot out.

Sainsbury and Spiranovic were both better than Milligan.

Fantastic and well deserved win. Ange and the team were on a mission and they accomplished. Very impressed with how Ange handled himself throughout the tournament and World Cup.

Bit sad that Bresch finished his international career that way. Has been a superb player for Oz but Ange made the right decision. Has been a master technician for Oz and will miss watching him play.

Will also miss Cahill for his wonderful winning mentality, his brilliant heading ability and some great goals.

The Good:
- The Result
- The loud boos from the crowd for Blatter.......louder than the PM gets every year at the NRL Grand Final
- The fact unsung heros won it - Luongo, Sainsbury and even Milligan........
- The 2015 jerseys they changed into at the end. And Simon Hill, it is 2015, not 15 in honour of the captain. Flog.
- What a high quality game. Intensity for the full 120 minutes.

The Bad:
- The referee. What a disgrace - giving a yellow to injured Kruse was the icing on the cake.
- Robbie Kruse - another 12 months out, when will he catch a lucky break
- The officials staying on the podium too long............Lowy should have stayed, the rest should have got off the stage ASAP

Extremely glad I made the decision to go to the game, the best sporting experience that I've witness live of my life
Once Australia got the two goal lead in the semi, I said to buy the tickets. Flew up yesterday morning and just got back on an early morning flight.

Blatter actually visibly flinched when the boos started.

The morning after and I am still trying to comprehend what an unbelievably good game that was. Don't want the cup to end, can we make it best of three?

The Good:
- The Result
- The loud boos from the crowd for Blatter.......louder than the PM gets every year at the NRL Grand Final
- The fact unsung heros won it - Luongo, Sainsbury and even Milligan........
- The 2015 jerseys they changed into at the end. And Simon Hill, it is 2015, not 15 in honour of the captain. Flog.
- What a high quality game. Intensity for the full 120 minutes.

The Bad:
- The referee. What a disgrace - giving a yellow to injured Kruse was the icing on the cake.
- Robbie Kruse - another 12 months out, when will he catch a lucky break
- The officials staying on the podium too long............Lowy should have stayed, the rest should have got off the stage ASAP

The extra 30 mins the ABC added to the coverage that stuffed up all the other programs.
All the kissy kissy, touchy touchy, feely feely, cuddly cuddly and other obsequious behaviour that went on between the players.
Players from other codes of football must look on and wonder whether they are watching a gathering of fairies.

Last edited:
The extra 30 mins the ABC added to the coverage that stuffed up all the other programs.
All the kissy kissy, touchy touchy, feely feely, cuddly cuddly and other obsequious behaviour that went on between the players.
Players from other codes of football must look on and wonder whether they are watching a gathering of fairies.

I know this is a footy forum but goddam this is weak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back