Opinion 2015 AFL Ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it was spelled wrong, I just copied and pasted from someone elses ladder tbh

I just believe that Carlton have the talent to get them there. 5th is maybe a stretch as like you said it is knocking on the top four and I don't think Carlton are capable of winning a flag anytime soon however they do have a good talent pool.

We will just have to wait and see, conversely how do you see 2015?
Carlton have talent? News to me. They have Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson, Jamison, Menzel, Simpson. Judd can turn it on occasionally. They really don't have a good talent pool.

1. Hawthorn
2. Port Adelaide
3. Sydney
4. North Melbourne
5. Geelong
6. Gold Coast
7. Fremantle
8. Essendon
9. Adelaide
10. West Coast
11. Brisbane
12. Richmond
13. Colllingwood
14. GWS
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Carlton
17. Melbourne
18. St Kilda

1. It's Adelaide.
2. What in the blue hell makes you think Carlton will finish 5th??? You could maybe, at a stretch, suggest them for the finals. But 5th, knocking on the top 4? Not a chance in hell.
What are you implying?

1. Port Adelaide
2. Essendon
3. Hawthorn
4. Gold Coast
5. Fremantle
6. Sydney
7. Brisbane
8. North Melbourne
9. Richmond
10. Geelong
11. Adelaide
12. West coast
13. GWS
14. Collingwood
15. Melbourne
16. Carlton
17. St Kilda
18. Western Bulldogs

1. Syds
2. Poort
3. Tasmania
4. Ninthmond
5. Fremantle
6. Gold Coast
7. Norf
8. Adelaide
9. Geelong
10. Brisbane
11. West Coast
12. Collingwood
13. Bulldogs
14. Essington
15. Melbourne
16. GWS
17. Carltank
18. Saints

Carlton have talent? News to me. They have Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson, Jamison, Menzel, Simpson. Judd can turn it on occasionally. They really don't have a good talent pool.

Judd can turn it on "occasionally"? He did score 7 Brownlow votes from 12 injury-interrupted games. As to other "talent" enough good words have been spoken about Yarran, Kreuzer, Walker, Cripps (broken leg last year) and Daisy to suggest 12 players with top-end talent. Add to that Carrazzo, Bell, Curnow, Docherty, Graham, Buckley, Tuohy, Casboult and, who knows, Jaksch, Whiley and an impressive Sheehan and right there you are looking at 23 on the list with genuine AFL talent. What we lack is a decent game plan (coach).

Judd can turn it on "occasionally"? He did score 7 Brownlow votes from 12 injury-interrupted games. As to other "talent" enough good words have been spoken about Yarran, Kreuzer, Walker, Cripps (broken leg last year) and Daisy to suggest 12 players with top-end talent. Add to that Carrazzo, Bell, Curnow, Docherty, Graham, Buckley, Tuohy, Casboult and, who knows, Jaksch, Whiley and an impressive Sheehan and right there you are looking at 23 on the list with genuine AFL talent. What we lack is a decent game plan (coach).
My whole family bar one crazy tiger fan (yeah she brainwashed me) are carlton fans, and due to this I am always keeping a close eye on them. Can see you having a real crack for Judd this year and wouldnt suprise me if you made the 8. As stated you have a deep enough pool of talent for you to win at least 10-14 games, with me expecting 12 and to just sneak in. Wouldn't surprise me if you pummeled richmond rnd 1 either, its a high possibility given the recent history.

The Best Predictions ever:

1. Hawthorn
2. Port Adelaide
3. Fremantle
4. Sydney
5. North Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. West Coast
8. Adelaide

9. Collingwood
10. Gold Coast
11. Richmond
12. Essendon
13. Brisbane
14. Melbourne
15. Greater Western Sydney
16. Carlton
17. St Kilda
18. Western Bulldogs

Qualifying Finals:

Hawthorn v Sydney
Port Adelaide v Fremantle

Elimination Finals:

Geelong v West Coast
North Melbourne v Adelaide

Semi Finals:

Port Adelaide v West Coast
Sydney v North Melbourne

Preliminary Finals:

Hawthorn v Port Adelaide
Fremantle v Sydney

Grand Final:

Hawthorn v Fremantle

Premiers:

Fremantle

1. Port Adelaide
2. Hawthorn
3. Geelong
4. Sydney
5. Richmond
6. Fremantle
7. North Melbourne
8. Essendon
9. Gold Coast
10. Collingwood
11. Adelaide
12. Brisbane
13. West Coast
14. Carlton
15. Melbourne
16. GWS
17. Western Bulldogs
18. St Kilda

1. Port Adelaide
2. Essendon
3. Hawthorn
4. Gold Coast
5. Fremantle
6. Sydney
7. Brisbane
8. North Melbourne
9. Richmond
10. Geelong
11. Adelaide
12. West coast
13. GWS
14. Collingwood
15. Melbourne
16. Carlton
17. St Kilda
18. Western Bulldogs
You really think you will be the 2nd best team in 2015?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really think you will be the 2nd best team in 2015?

Yes, obviously will be seen as bias as everyone tends to overrate the teams they follow. Our list is primed. We he have 5-6 genuine a graders (Heppell, watson, Goddard, hooker, hibberd and zaka borderline)
And many talented 1st-4th year players who are starting push traditionally vanilla players out of the side.

But the most important factor is that we finally have some depth. Injuries killed us in 2012, governence banhammer killed us in 2013. And our list is better then it was in both of those years. This is the best our list has looked since 2001

1. Port Adelaide
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. North Melbourne
5. Geelong
6. Freo
7. Gold Coast
8. Collingwood
-----------------------
9. Essendon
10. Richmond
11. Adelaide
12. Carlton
13. Brisbane
14. West Coast
15. GWS
16. WB
17. St Kilda
18. Melbourne

- Port over the Hawks for the MP because I don't see any downside to their team; were a kick away from a GF in 2014 and were cruising at the top before a slump.

- North at 4th as I think that they have the team to do it. 40+ games between Waite and Higgins would go a long way, and, although Greenwood is gone, I believe they have the depth - they made the finals without Wells and Swallow for a hefty part of the season.

- Geelong at 5th because I think their young FWD/MID brigade in Motlop, Duncan, Caddy, Murdoch, Guthrie and Thurlow are very talented and very capable of bearing the torch given to them, especially considering the knowledge they would've extracted from Selwood, Stevie J, Kelly and Bartel. Second decent forward in Clark will also help. Can still get a solid year out of veterans in Enright, Stevie, Kelly, Bartel and Lonergan, I believe.

- Have Gold Coast in at 7th because they would've 100% made the eight in 2014 if Gaz didn't get injured. Add an extra year of experience under their core players in Lynch, O'Meara, Prestia, Bennell, Dixon, Smith, Swallow, Thompson and May (and so much more) will be enough to get them challenging for a Semi. Malceski pick up is huge.

- Freo at 6th due to an ageing list and unproven youngsters - prove me wrong, Rossy.

- Have gone against the fray with Collingwood as 8th, as the only reason they missed September 2014 was because of an insane amount of injuries. We can't forget that they were challenging the four 2/3rds way through the season. Beams, Lumumba and Ball losses are big, yeah, but Greenwood, Adams and Seedsman are capable of holding their own. If Reid and Cloke can return to pre-2014 form (both AA's), that'd go a long way to getting them in. Will be a backlog between 7 and 14 (2-2.5 games + %), though.

- Essendon to Carlton are all contenders for the 8, and could've all gotten in the eight, but I think they each have respective list flaws that will prevent them from getting in there. In saying that, though, Essendon is the team I think that I could be most wrong about; they have the potential to get up there, as they've shown in the past few years. Ryder loss is big, though.

- GWS at 15th because I feel they're a year behind Gold Coast's list - 2016 will be GWS' first real tilt at finals footy, I think.
- Saints and Dogs will be finals stayers in 2017-2020 due to a really talented young group (#Bont4Brownlow2018). Obviously are rebuilding though, so can't see much change.

- Melbourne with the spoon as I don't see them having a better season than any other team in the comp - still a fair amount of work to be done on the list and game plan. Have a soft spot for them, though, and hope that they can stick it up me; don't see them doing it at the moment.

Overall, Port to beat Swans or Hawks in the Granny.

Yes, obviously will be seen as bias as everyone tends to overrate the teams they follow. Our list is primed. We he have 5-6 genuine a graders (Heppell, watson, Goddard, hooker, hibberd and zaka borderline)
And many talented 1st-4th year players who are starting push traditionally vanilla players out of the side.

But the most important factor is that we finally have some depth. Injuries killed us in 2012, governence banhammer killed us in 2013. And our list is better then it was in both of those years. This is the best our list has looked since 2001
11th, 7th and 8th - I don't see how you all of a sudden become the 2nd best side on the back of 3 average years. You can make all the excuses you like but the fact is you finished where you finished.

All finals teams have 5-6 A grades and the top a few more than this - and 2 named have their best football behind them.

We finished 4th and were better than you in 2014 but I would not rank us higher than the Hawks or Sydney.

Reckon they've got it in them to go around for another 1-3 years before they start to drop. There list hasn't really changed much
Good on you for not conforming to other peoples opinions and FWIW I think we're a good chance to make the top 4 but if we don't, there is no way in the world that we won't at least be making the 8.

1 Sydney -most talented list
2 Hawthorn -experience
3 North-depth
4 freo-Ross Lyon
5 Port-still early but there coming
6-Richmond-finals 2 years in a row
7-Adelaide-one of the best first 7 players in the comp
8 Geelong-been there done that
9 Gold Cost- there coming
10 Carlton- an big chance for 8
11 Essendon- to much pressure
12 West coast- not good enough
13 GWS- there becoming men
14 Brisbane-don't know enough about them
15 Collingwood-Rebuilding
16 Melbourbe-Rebuilding
17 Western Bulldogs-lost to much experience
18 St.Killda-Big trouble

1 Sydney -most talented list
2 Hawthorn -experience
3 North-depth
4 freo-Ross Lyon
5 Port-still early but there coming
6-Richmond-finals 2 years in a row
7-Adelaide-one of the best first 7 players in the comp
8 Geelong-been there done that
9 Gold Cost- there coming
10 Carlton- an big chance for 8
11 Essendon- to much pressure
12 West coast- not good enough
13 GWS- there becoming men
14 Brisbane-don't know enough about them
15 Collingwood-Rebuilding
16 Melbourbe-Rebuilding
17 Western Bulldogs-lost to much experience
18 St.Killda-Big trouble
Did you really say Carlton are a big chance for the 8? Did you really put Essendon, West Coast, Brisbane & Collingwood below them?

Did you really say Carlton are a big chance for the 8? Did you really put Essendon, West Coast, Brisbane & Collingwood below them?

I might be wrong about Essendon and west coast but surley there ahead of Brisbane and Collingwood

Brisbane's midfield is essentially 10 goals alone a week
Redden Zorko Rockcliff Rich Hanley Beams Christensen Aish (probably missing others) and with Robinson tagging taggers
Yer but there forward line is 0 goals a week no brown any more no one to kick to

1. Sydney
  2. Fremantle
  3. Port Adelaide
  4. Hawthorn
  5. North Melbourne
  6. Geelong
  7. Adelaide
  8. Essendon
  9. Golcoast
  10. Westcoast
  11. Collingwood
  12. GWS