Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is quality as he always is good for goals. As for how long he stays he was at South Croydon ( EFL) last year and kicked 72 goals for the season and has been to Shepp United and was in QLD before that but you can only take what is being offered. Is he wrong to supplement an income with footy, some would say yes and others no as you are only in it a short while and he will have to settle down at some stage.
As for big coin I believe that is probably right but its all hearsay as well, and he has runs on the board scoring goals as mentioned. Hard to get if he isn't performing each year. Potential 100 goal FF's are hard to get and everyone wants them hence the coin being thrown at him.
Most FF kick a lot of goals against lower teams as they aren't defensively as good hence their position on the ladder.

Was a good return for Sth Croydon. Big change from the bigger country footy grounds to the smaller Metro grounds. Saw him twice last year and struggled with numbers dropping back and sometimes double teamed. If rumour is true and he heads to irymple will kick 150+ goals.

Is on big bucks but better suited to country footy than metro

Having seen quite a bit of O & M footy over the years, its interesting to hear it being rated the best league. Certainly Albury put together a great side, as does Yarra with Lavi pushing but from there it falls away badly. Interesting to note the success of GV sides over their O & M opponents last pre season, ( both albury and Yarra lost to GV sides) not that this is always a great guide. The point I make is it is always difficult to align the leagues. GV has 12 clubs, O &M 10, GV has had a number of different clubs win flags over the past 6 -8 years , with a majority of clubs being involved in finals over a 5/6 year rotation, O & M basically 2 play if GF at least over the past 6 years and the rest struggle, GV has performed well overall I n interleague footy , O & M's form has been mixed been mixed, dropping as low as 5th, the standard of both leagues is good, O and M IMOP have greater depth, particularly with Yarra and the Albury sides with their top reserves sides certainly being above a GV standard. Money wise the top O and M sides would outbid the GV but on an overall spread across the clubs would think it would be pretty even.
So where does it leave us in comparison.. buggered if I know, all I can say is that I have attended some great games in both leagues, both leagues have gun players who would be stars wherever they played. What I can say for certain is that there isn't much difference in temp at Mansfield on a winters day compared to Bunton park!!

decent post. I've also seen both comps over the past few years. Interesting the top 2/3 in O&M remain the same over the past 5 or so years where as GV seem to have a changing landscape. The O&M look set for the same top 3. Best thing for season 2015 in the O&M is who will take 4/5 positions.

The GV throws up more of an open scenario with many teams a prospect of making finals let alone playing in a GF.

Maybe the dominance of the Alburys/yarras have deterred potential recruits and the $ needed to be competitive is spiraling out of control. Or is it the competitiveness of the GV and proximity to Melbourne making it a better fan based comp.

Was a good return for Sth Croydon. Big change from the bigger country footy grounds to the smaller Metro grounds. Saw him twice last year and struggled with numbers dropping back and sometimes double teamed. If rumour is true and he heads to irymple will kick 150+ goals.

Is on big bucks but better suited to country footy than metro

So nothing has changed,,, he is a nomad, playing for the highest bidder. He has played for Irymple, Box Hill, South Cairns, Redlands, Broadbeach, Shepp U nited and South Croydon,,, that's 7 clubs, and he is only 27 or 28 .

So nothing has changed,,, he is a nomad, playing for the highest bidder. He has played for Irymple, Box Hill, South Cairns, Redlands, Broadbeach, Shepp U nited and South Croydon,,, that's 7 clubs, and he is only 27 or 28 .

Don't think he has ever played for South Cairns, you my be thinking of Cairns Saints.

Is a Mildura boy originally i think so returning home of sorts

Correct Roota. But this time last year a local club in that region ( Manangatang) were sprooking they had gained him.... And that's not the first time this has happened. Eagle plays the game for the big bucks as he knows he has the resume to do so. Must say, he has produced the results with every club he has been at, so I understand his attitude and demands but because of this there is no club loyalty within the guy.In saying that, there are plenty of other players around doing the same thing. !!!

Correct Roota. But this time last year a local club in that region ( Manangatang) were sprooking they had gained him.... And that's not the first time this has happened. Eagle plays the game for the big bucks as he knows he has the resume to do so. Must say, he has produced the results with every club he has been at, so I understand his attitude and demands but because of this there is no club loyalty within the guy.In saying that, there are plenty of other players around doing the same thing. !!!

Eagle played all his junior footy at Irymple. He played in a Premiership there in 2006.
So he is well and truly going home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagle played all his junior footy at Irymple. He played in a Premiership there in 2006.
So he is well and truly going home.
And this Eagle bloke is the reason why country / local footy is f####ed. There should be a salary cap in all senior footy, kids from local clubs play 100 junior games then can't play for their team in seniors when their time comes because some money hungry, disloyal, overrated and overpaid person takes their place, then moves on.

Your blokes like Jason Eagle aren't the problem mate. The bloke delivers in spades. It's the middle of the road battlers that go around demanding huge sums of cash that are the real problem in my opinion

Agree Roota, and every club recruits them.
All clubs have people willing to throw a cheque book around but unfortunately the ground work in recruiting hasn't the same back up

And this Eagle bloke is the reason why country / local footy is f####ed. There should be a salary cap in all senior footy, kids from local clubs play 100 junior games then can't play for their team in seniors when their time comes because some money hungry, disloyal, overrated and overpaid person takes their place, then moves on.
The salary cap is a waste of time in country footy I can't see how it can be effectively
policed.
A points system is effective to some degree and is effective in getting clubs to promote the own juniors.

Your blokes like Jason Eagle aren't the problem mate. The bloke delivers in spades. It's the middle of the road battlers that go around demanding huge sums of cash that are the real problem in my opinion
Petrol is down 25%+ on last year, I'm sure these battlers will take a commensurate reduction in "fuel money".

Remember the old days? If you were at a district club you'd be ecstatic to be invited in to have a run with a major league club! Now these players want money to come into a major club and heaps of average players demand cash. Worlds gone crazy!

Remember the old days? If you were at a district club you'd be ecstatic to be invited in to have a run with a major league club! Now these players want money to come into a major club and heaps of average players demand cash. Worlds gone crazy!
The district players are no better than they were in the old days , if you go and watch a kdfl game for instance its pretty ordinary footy not many players that would play major league senior footy .

The district players are no better than they were in the old days , if you go and watch a kdfl game for instance its pretty ordinary footy not many players that would play major league senior footy .
Between the top sides the footy can be quite good. Quite a few KDFL players have stepped up and played more than a game of two of GVFL seniors over the years; a pretty big wrap given the lowly rank of the KDFL compared to the GVFL. The KDFl is what it should be, a league for locals, a league for youngsters from which to springboard and a league for older players to bring their experience and extend their playing time. The toughest thing is that many of these clubs don't have an endless pool of young blokes coming through and when it's all on the line what do you do, forfeit, fold or pay?

Between the top sides the footy can be quite good. Quite a few KDFL players have stepped up and played more than a game of two of GVFL seniors over the years; a pretty big wrap given the lowly rank of the KDFL compared to the GVFL. The KDFl is what it should be, a league for locals, a league for youngsters from which to springboard and a league for older players to bring their experience and extend their playing time. The toughest thing is that many of these clubs don't have an endless pool of young blokes coming through and when it's all on the line what do you do, forfeit, fold or pay?
Yeah I agree with what you say , was just stating that average players shouldn't demand cash in major leagues .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back