Toast Travis Boak - Captain Courageous

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't drive very often anymore, but every time I get into my car there are always new spider webs somewhere

I don't drive very often anymore, but every time I get into my car there are always new spider webs somewhere
They're pretty resilient. We had one living on an exterior mirror for ages. Spider and web survived several trips through the car wash without any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't mind it.

168fw8z.jpg

They're pretty resilient. We had one living on an exterior mirror for ages. Spider and web survived several trips through the car wash without any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there is a special breed of car mirror spider. I've sprayed the s**t out of the inside of exterior mirrors, only to have new webs a couple of days later

I don't see much live footy, but I got see first hand a bit of Boak magic up here in Alice. We were on the hill and quite close to the port bench. The ball was on the opposite wing, Boak came off the bench, ran at least 3/4 pace to get to the contest, somehow ended up with the pill and hit up a leading player in the pocket. On tv it would have probably just looked like he was around the contest and gained possession. His effort to get there was impressive. It probably happens more than I'm aware and I suppose the fans that sit near interchange see it a lot, but it was definitely something has left an impression on me.

I don't see much live footy, but I got see first hand a bit of Boak magic up here in Alice. We were on the hill and quite close to the port bench. The ball was on the opposite wing, Boak came off the bench, ran at least 3/4 pace to get to the contest, somehow ended up with the pill and hit up a leading player in the pocket. On tv it would have probably just looked like he was around the contest and gained possession. His effort to get there was impressive. It probably happens more than I'm aware and I suppose the fans that sit near interchange see it a lot, but it was definitely something has left an impression on me.
And on a bung ankle that he got early on in the game.

And on a bung ankle that he got early on in the game.

That too. It was a great day and a pretty good game, but there are only 2 things that come vividly to mind. One is seeing a player (Shultz I think) being very high (he was at the far end to me) in a marking contest and appearing to knock a teammate out. The other is watching Boak come off the bench. We went to the after game which was also really good. They did a bit of a speech for Gray's 100th and he got up and spoke as well. All in all an excellent day out.

That too. It was a great day and a pretty good game, but there are only 2 things that come vividly to mind. One is seeing a player (Shultz I think) being very high (he was at the far end to me) in a marking contest and appearing to knock a teammate out. The other is watching Boak come off the bench. We went to the after game which was also really good. They did a bit of a speech for Gray's 100th and he got up and spoke as well. All in all an excellent day out.

Just some kid called Wingard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have several spiders living on my car. We stay out of each other's way.

Thanks to this post I gently poked a tiny jumping spider - one of those ones that runs like stop-motion animation before jumping about umpteen times its bodylength - until it found itself safely outside.

But I tell you, any white tail or wolf spider (especially the ones carrying a zillion 'lings) will be copping the wrath of a million Raid tins.

Are spider webs on cars a new thing? I can't remember having such a shitload of them until this past year.

Are spider webs on cars a new thing? I can't remember having such a shitload of them until this past year.
You didn't read the latest edition of Spider Weekly? Apparently it's a trend sweeping through the Australian spider population. Much better living conditions than the ceiling, I hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back