ODI Tri Series Final: Australia v England @ WACA

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell, you guys will never be pleased. Would have been annoyed if he took his time to make the century, but also annoyed that he unselfishly went for it. Maxwell irritates me as much as the next bloke, but that was a quality knock. Give the man some credit ffs.

Had this lined up for his ton , so * it posting anyway

Big-Show-baby.gif

Stupid shot by Maxwell and shows he is just really a Slogger

:thumbsdown: Poor post, dug us out of a hole with Marsh

Not a great shot from Maxy, deserved the ton. Hopefully he goes on from here, knows he can do it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was trying to get the runs moving in the 40 plus overs.

Tubby is right.
He needs to make his shots at the right opportunity.

Exactly some posters defending him is ridiculous, Im fine with the aggressive batting but that shot wasnt on given where it was bowled.

One thing that annoys me is how we make Ali seem a lot better than he is. Makes me a bit worried about the Ashes and their ability to use four quicks and him. Haddin should have put that last one away.

India are good at making Ali seem like a gun too, seems to be tricky to get away even if he looks fairly innocuous

Good innings from Maxwell, certainly sewed up his world cup spot. You can talk about being selfless and trying to smash his way to a ton, but with 8 overs left and Mitch Marsh still showing that you can hit boundaries conventionally I think he should have paced himself there. He looks ordinary when lifting the head every ball, as he did with his get out shot.

He looked forlorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back