No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As thymosin was supplied by Alavi and there was some confusion over its legitimacy (ie Dank was to dispose of it as it was tainted etc) perhaps Robinson got his hands on some and decided to use it for bodybuilding purposes. It may have even been unlabelled. He self injected other things as well so this is plausible. It was reported other staff were injecting things as well. Could be Suki Hobson - she's worked with Robinson/Dank at a large number of AFL and NRL clubs.
you honestly think this is a more likely scenario, multiple club staff using potentially unknown PEDs?

Trying to figure out how any player who actually testified against his teammates could realistically hope to keep his identity hidden.

I'd suggest it is an ex-team mate. Possibly no longer in the system.

Could refer to Dank.

They had Dank giving some supps to an ex Carlton staffer

In this post you have the backgrounding of the media - And it wasn't Dank.

maybe part of their agreed assistance was anonymity

I think you lose your anonymity if you charge 34 players in a package - This affidavit needs to be challenged like with Alavi and Charter.

As a couple of others pointed out, the player could have testified via video link, which I suppose makes sense given the need for player confidentiality.

But until I hear that he definitely has testified I'm not going to get too worked up about this.

My question is whether the defence legal team was given the opportunity to cross examine the player/coach.

My question is whether the defence legal team was given the opportunity to cross examine the player/coach.

Yeah same question I had & I assume they would have, cannot see how someone could testify to that without being cross examined. Which led to my point about who this players legal reps would now be because it couldn't be either of the 2 legal teams we know about, & is a point which seems to have been overlooked to date. And a change in legal rep would have attracted attention.

I really don't understand what the big fuss is about . As others have mentioned:

- It is (allegedly) an extract from a case summary from the prosecution (ASADA). As such it is an untested allegation.
- There is no evidence suggesting when this 'confession' occurred, just more rumour. It is as likely that it's the original player interviews as it is a recent development.
- There has been previously no regard from the media with respect to non court ordered gag orders. 3 days after the rumour started there is nothing from the media who would salivate over this if true.
- Players no longer playing AFL would have nothing to gain. For it to be Crameri or Prismall, their legal representatives would have to list a conflict of interest unless both players were aware of the fact one of them has provided this confession and are ok with it. Monfries and Ryder are ruled out as they are represented by the same team as the EFC boys. Unless they all know now hence arguing the legality of TB4.
- We don't have supporting context and context is everything.

I'm not saying it's not true, but I really don't see enough to warrant stressing over it as a serious factual game changing development that warrants doomsday scenarios.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I have read is not redacted. It names McVeigh as the player providing evidence listing Crameri, Reimers, Prismall, Jetta and Ryder as the players receiving TB4.*

*What I have read is my own post.

Funnily enough there are posters on the HTB who must have read this stating its gospel that its McVeigh now! Reliable thources and all!

These forums would be pretty boring if people didn't discuss these things and speculate. What I don't get is people getting worked up about something so unsubstantiated and vague.

The overreaction and overanalyses of the unsubstantiated and vague is wearing very thin with most Essendon supporters.

Have you noticed how many of the very strongest participants in the discussion of this saga have now ceased posting on it? Some have even openly stated they no longer care.

Too much bullshit for far too long.

Others may have already posted similar, but....
1. I don't read it as evidence provided by a player. It says the delivery of all the illegal substances to the club on Jan11 was corroborated by the source. I don't see how any player would be in a position to corroborate the delivery of a number of substances. Sounds much more likely to be Robinson who would be in on the whole order/delivery process.
2. On the version I saw, there is no mention of the word "player" when referring to those the source claims were injected.
3. Depending on who the source was, it would be imperative that the defence lawyers would get the chance to cross examine him. I have no faith at all in Robinson as a reliable truthful witness, given that TV interview. If Robinson is the source, then the defence should go to town on challenging him as a truthful witness (ulterior motives, suing the club at the time, grudge against Hird and the club).
4. I am very concerned that the defence appears to have only gone for only about half a day. I hope that the defence got to challenge the ASADA evidence as it was presented, and that this is the reason that their "opening summary" of evidence went for so long. ("opening summary" turned out to be full presentation?)

For the umpteenth time, it's not the same source all throughout the extract.

Stop being so vague about your sources. If you and mxett are legit you would PM your sources to a mod on here. The mod does not disclose the source but can give us some idea if source is in any way reliable/known or just BF related source/random/nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back