EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Brock McLean appears a pretty loyal bloke by all accounts. Would be staggered if he played for anyone other than Abers in 2015. And besides the 'loyalty to his junior club factor' the rumour is he has up to 80,000 reasons why he should only be playing for Abers.

Brock McLean appears a pretty loyal bloke by all accounts. Would be staggered if he played for anyone other than Abers in 2015. And besides the 'loyalty to his junior club factor' the rumour is he has up to 80,000 reasons why he should only be playing for Abers.
Ask any Demons about his loyalty.
He chose 400,000 reasons to go to Carlton.

Ask any Demons about his loyalty.
He chose 400,000 reasons to go to Carlton.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brock-digs-deep/story-e6frf9mf-1111117138189
10k from his own pocket is a decent commitment in anyone's book, most fans have short memories on that sort of thing. Think I recall the reason given for leaving Demons was due to tanking and he wanted to play for the club his uncle / grand father played? That would seem a fair reason to leave, but who really cares. Don't think any Abers person would question his loyalty.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brock-digs-deep/story-e6frf9mf-1111117138189
10k from his own pocket is a decent commitment in anyone's book, most fans have short memories on that sort of thing. Think I recall the reason given for leaving Demons was due to tanking and he wanted to play for the club his uncle / grand father played? That would seem a fair reason to leave, but who really cares. Don't think any Abers person would question his loyalty.

Oh what have I started here!!!
I can tell you Brock reputation should not be questioned and his from a good loyal family.
He can play for as many clubs as he likes prior to the clearance deadline as long as it's agreed, as clubs need to clear him over and over just like Fev and Akers. He would be doing it for the $$ and most likely only this year. If my mail is correct its true his agreed to play a 1 off game for a few clubs.
I just don't see his a draw card as his not as funny as Fev or Akers. However I'm sure his family has connections at some country clubs as they love a frothie at the footy..
Maybe 80k suggested by some includes these 1 off games..

Cheers boys..

Hey there footy mad,
Who have Keilor picked up as not much noise coming out of there. I know usually Mick can find them though.

I also don't think Avondale will improve as they did lose a few good players. Ben Davies and the APW ruckman should be handy but they will need more.. Ghazi needs a GF berth otherwise surely goneeee..

If Pacco win their first 4 games and get on a roll might make it hard for Keilor and Avondale. Interesting rd1 game Avondale v Pacco..

Keilor are working hard on signing Liam Ogden from Kyabram (GVFL). Great player, GVFL inter league rep the last 3 seasons, 2013 prem player for Ky , 2014 Ky B&F and twice runner up and still only 22. Impressive resume, including named in the starting 18 for GV team of the year 2014, can play.
Have heard that Marby are also in the hunt due to the Jake Reeves (KY) connection.
Can anyone confirm if he has signed with either club?

Keilor are working hard on signing Liam Ogden from Kyabram (GVFL). Great player, GVFL inter league rep the last 3 seasons, 2013 prem player for Ky , 2014 Ky B&F and twice runner up and still only 22. Impressive resume, including named in the starting 18 for GV team of the year 2014, can play.
Have heard that Marby are also in the hunt due to the Jake Reeves (KY) connection.

Think he would stay at KY being the B&F winner. Oh forgot Shermo is coaching there. No more money left after Shermo takes it all. Lol

PS: I had booked my table at Pacco for the annual Pacco vs Kyabram practice match but it's not going ahead this year.. Is it due to Pacco getting the boxing mitts and tackle bag out pre Xmas. Very funny that!!!!

Think he would stay at KY being the B&F winner. Oh forgot Shermo is coaching there. No more money left after Shermo takes it all. Lol

PS: I had booked my table at Pacco for the annual Pacco vs Kyabram practice match but it's not going ahead this year.. Is it due to Pacco getting the boxing mitts and tackle bag out pre Xmas. Very funny that!!!!
Mate that's just a bit silly, with your fascination with Sherman you're beginning to sound life a jilted ex lover.
With Paco seemingly stronger since his departure surely you'd be stoked on that rather than taking pot-shots at a former player?

Mate that's just a bit silly, with your fascination with Sherman you're beginning to sound life a jilted ex lover.
With Paco seemingly stronger since his departure surely you'd be stoked on that rather than taking pot-shots at a former player?

C'mon Bluejet, bit of humour buddy as not much else happening on here.. I would have saved you a seat on my table but maybe you wouldn't like my jokes after a few quite beers..
Cheers

C'mon Bluejet, bit of humour buddy as not much else happening on here.. I would have saved you a seat on my table but maybe you wouldn't like my jokes after a few quite beers..
Cheers
All good mate, I obviously mistook your intent. :thumbsu:
Only a couple of days until clearances open so I'm sure that there'll be plenty to discuss then.

Keilor have signed Josh Linton from Ky so there is a further link? Ryan Noye, David Isbister (GFL rep side) there as we'll from Lara?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's some facts....

"You'll have even less in this year's Grand Final side" (assuming you mean 2015) - not even on our radar, our focus is on post-Christmas training, practice matches and round 1 against our arch rival (Greenvale).

The Abers juniors who've trained the house down pre Christmas - Moylan, Toy, Cattapan, Hickmott, Kefford, Daniher, Mighell, McLean, Mangan, Thompson, Barrett, Moore and Fazzolari - all in the mix for senior selection.

Plus there's 12 of our kids from the last three U18's teams training at VFL level - those who don't make a list are naturally in the mix. This has been glossed over but it's something we're extremely proud of and fully support each of them trying to play footy at the highest level possible.
Plus our very talented graduating U18's from 2014 - who haven't taken up offers from rival clubs despite their aggressive efforts and have committed to our program for 2015..

You say 7 to 8 recruits - we have it down as 5 - McLean, Austin, Blackwell, Vassal & Laurie. Kefford not a recruit - returns (actually played a game this year) and same for Phillips (previously injured).

Connections delivered all these recruits i.e. Blackwell mates with Laurie. Blackwell, Brock and Aussie all mates - Vassal close friends with our skipper Cubby.

Also - rather be in the position we're in and still in Premier division compared to the former arch rival who spent upwards of $250K and got relegated for it.

"SHADOW MASTER IS MOST LIKELY BANGFROM50"
Well apparently it was quoted on this thread as factual that Brock McLean was training the house down pre Christmas yet he had only landed back in Australia from an extended overseas holiday a matter of days prior to or possibly even after the date that the Aberfeldie FC had ceased training for the Christmas holiday period!!

'YOU GET WHAT YOU PLAN FOR'

'INTERESTING TIMES AHEAD FOR SOME CLUBS'

Reminds me of the TV newsreaders with a catch phrase to sign off.......

Last edited:
Hearing that Sam Boyd from airport west has signed at avondale heights. Airport west in even more trouble with him now confirmed gone. Massive get, one of the best defenders in local football.

Worse facilities in prem div than Charles mutton.... Marby's ground is shithouse but they still won 2 a grade flags.... But if the envelope is there every week players won't care about ground size
You are right, The club needs to develop local kids. The facilities though not good are no hindrance to success. Look at the 2013 Division One flag and the club's competitive showing last year. Northern Saints are working hard on developing and recruiting local recruits and encouraging more female participation within the junior teams as players or officials. The club has developed a curriculum that must be followed so that by the time the players reach senior football they will be prepared in the skills and the discipline required to face life and or senior football. Northern Saints will actively encourage their coaches to improve their own knowledge through professional development. For starters the club will be represented at the AFL Coaches Conference this weekend.

WRONG. Chasing 5-6 one off's.
SURELY NOT.. You would have to imagine that the powers to be at Aberfeldie FC, along with the new incoming coach, would like to avoid as many unwanted distractions as possible, especially in a season were they seem to have gone all out with a very large sizeable financial investment in an attempt to win that very elusive Premier Division Premiership. Strong CLUB management will surely ensure this unwanted possible distraction doesn't occur!

[Qdidn't see many handers that jakUOTE="Oddballoddball, post: 36903600, member: 155440"]Jake Reeves? Is that the big fat bumbling ruck man from kyabram? If so shouldn't be too worried from what I saw last year![/QUOTE]
U didn't see many games that jake played last year, had great year, best one out ruckman in GVFL for a 22yo, able to clear ball from centre himself. Good on ground, hard tackler, Will be big pickup for marby

Any news out of west coburg ? Herd they haven't picked up much so far except they they lost one of there best players (abdi fitaxx )to coburg .I'm sure they can avoid relegation with the list they have already. Notable young players to watch this year -Drake, mac aodha , Saad , Abdallah.

Any news out of west coburg ? Herd they haven't picked up much so far except they they lost one of there best players (abdi fitaxx )to coburg .I'm sure they can avoid relegation with the list they have already. Notable young players to watch this year -Drake, mac aodha , Saad , Abdallah.

If W Coburg haven't picked anyone up and they go in to this season with last years GF side they won't get close to many sides. Might beat NS. Maybe.

Pascoe Vale have signed a few from Werribee Districts-Brent & Matt Turner & Ben Morton
Vinnie Randello returns to the EDFL as well

Pascoe Vale have signed a few from Werribee Districts-Brent & Matt Turner & Ben Morton
Vinnie Randello returns to the EDFL as well

Big Jesse Wells at Pacco after a few good years for Hobart City in the TSL. Will have a big impact in this league. Looks very fit and is a strong unit. Bound to create some carnage..
Also picked up a ruckman from AFL Canberra who has good wraps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back