Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Like stump-cam, the old Player Comfort meter and Mark Nicholas, it looks OK but adds absolutely ZERO to the coverage. The KISS principle is something that hasn't got to Channel 9 yet.
Don't forget the scrotometer.

A salmon-length ball.

I've noticed this on the coverage since the SCG test. On the graphic that shows where a bowler is pitching them it has short length, salmon length and full length.

????.

Next year we'll actually be colouring the pitch in different shades for varying lengths ... another 9 innovation.

A salmon-length ball.

I've noticed this on the coverage since the SCG test. On the graphic that shows where a bowler is pitching them it has short length, salmon length and full length.

????.

Well, salmon is a big colour in the crayon world.

Seems appropriate considering the demographic Nine is trying to pitch to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not seriously what they mean, is it?
I asked my mate about this wednesday night actually and he said the same thing. Apparently salmon trout is rhyming slang for out and Warne has been saying it constantly on the coverage (I hadn't noticed).

Ah yes, the good old Salmon Trout :rolleyes:, they really take some catching.

Has to be the worst use of rhyming slang I am aware of.

A picture of James Brayshaw after watching Maxwell and Faulkner....oops,"The Big Show" and "The Finisher"

images

FWIW, I reckon Nine needs to grab a couple of tapes of Lleyton Hewitt commentating.

Like him or hate him as a tennis player or bloke, in the comm box he gives you an insight into match tactics, the mental state of players and where players are going right or wrong.

No endless anecdotes. No endless war stories. No calling tennis balls big yellow Jaffas. No nicknames for the net, service line or ballkids. Just an insight into what it's like to be on court ... and he shuts up when the game is being played.

Today the runs per over graph was described by Ian Healy as "Manhattan with too many Kool Mints." Seriously.

Do they have a directive to not call things by what they're meant to be called?

Someone who is fairly into cricket asked me today what 'salmon' meant on the pitch graph. Is Nine completely unaware of how alienating their nonsense is?

Today the runs per over graph was described by Ian Healy as "Manhattan with too many Kool Mints." Seriously.

Haha I came here to post that. Sadly it's not the last we're going to hear of it. I bet Ian was right chuffed with himself.

"Player of the World Cup is... Mitchell Johnson! Who masticated an astonishing 24 Kool Mints at a miserly rate of 0.42 Maximum's per over. Every cherry he picked was salmon flavoured and every trout was out!"

Haha I came here to post that. Sadly it's not the last we're going to hear of it. I bet Ian was right chuffed with himself.

"Player of the World Cup is... Mitchell Johnson! Who masticated an astonishing 24 Kool Mints at a miserly rate of 0.42 Maximum's per over. Every cherry he picked was salmon flavoured and every trout was out!"
There's a part of me that wants to tell you to stop being stupid ...

... but then I realise you're probably right. :(

Spent too much time with Warne.He always uses the word cherry.
Can understand why he'd call it that in a test match with a red ball, even if I disagree with the terminology. The white ball is the issue here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back