Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Oz Open final is the ultimate momentum match, between the two current players who are most adept at recognizing, creating and manipulating the subtle changes in momentum that always occur in tennis. They play at a tempo that will be competitive, but can step up the pace of the shot and of the game as soon as they realize that momentum has shifted their way. It is something that only the great players who win multiple Grand Slams understand, and if Kyrgios and Kokkinakis are to become Slam winners rather than also-rans like Berdych, Monfils etc, then they will have to develop this trait.

Much like Murray and Djokovic, Port have become a team that controls the momentum of a footy game, and it is a major reason why we are now a serious premiership threat.

2vkdzx0.jpg
2cgexw7.jpg

Not even the best A Murray.

I think enough time has passed since the last time I heard him where I can enjoy BT quotes ironically. Once the season starts, I'll be back to wanting to strangle him.

WOWEE
I kick the footy with my labrador and commentate his efforts to chase it as if I'm BT and my dog is Ben McEvoy and I'm not ashamed.

murray wouldnt be pulling these hijinx with lendl still in the box. lost the plot in the third set, starting yelling at his box and never regained composure. he is his own worst enemy.

Mental disintegration.

- 27 years old
- US$34,000,000 in prizemoney
- Olympic Gold Medal
- 2 x Grand Slam winner

And yet has all the self-belief of a St Georges cutter when Simple Plan announce their Australian Tour isn't stopping at the Ent Cent.

- 27 years old
- US$34,000,000 in prizemoney
- Olympic Gold Medal
- 2 x Grand Slam winner

And yet has all the self-belief of a St Georges cutter when Simple Plan announce their Australian Tour isn't stopping at the Ent Cent.

he was making very few unforced errors, winning the long rallies which is very hard to do against djokovic. he had it all infront of him, he got stung by novaks mindgames and his own lack of mental fortitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he was making very few unforced errors, winning the long rallies which is very hard to do against djokovic. he had it all infront of him, he got stung by novaks mindgames and his own lack of mental fortitude.

From 2-0 up in the third set he went 1-12 to lose in roughly an hour.

If you hadn't watched it you'd think he'd blown an ankle.

Djokovic's apparent physical battle was a brilliant mind game, but it was obviously that. He was "struggling" between points but was just as on song as ever during them. Murray seemed to lose it when he couldn't take advantage of an apparently struggling opponent, but I have no idea how he couldn't see through it. Amazing really.

TDU over check
Big Bash (yawn) over check
Asian Cup over check
Pointless one day international tournament over check
Tennis over check
tribey going sick in Bay 13 check
Super Bowl next (Australians feigning interest pfft)
ICC World Cup next next (hurry up, don't really care)

Hurry up NAB Challenge, West Coast @ Nord :drunk:

On a side note, why does Mark Edmondson not get the recognition of all the other Aussie Grand Slam winners?

Because to this day no one can work out how he won the 1976 Australian Open. I watched it and I still can't. He was ranked 212 in the world at the time.

And he beat Ken Rosewall and John Newcombe on his way to the title which would hardly endear him to the Australian tennis elite.

Last gasp of golden era

Which 25 years of watching soccer was it? 1950-1975?

A Brazilian team, who if they have any kind of real quality players, loses them to teams in Belgium/Turkey, not just the big powerhouse clubs. Says a lot about what the standard of the Brazi league is. Money talks, the money is in Europe.

This is because there more money in in those countries, and Brazil have an abundance of players to choose from, I could grab a 2nd rated players from Brazil and stick them in the A-league that would embarrass these teams.

A team of the best Brazilians, yes.

An all-star team from the Brazilian league would get wiped off the park by Chelsea.
I could say take out all the non Brit's in Chelsea and what are you left with? You cant buy your way into the World Cup.

If you are all going to base Brazilian standards on one game, then how come then Argentina held them to 1-0 in the final. One would have expected easy win by Germany. Once in a while teams capitulated....does that ring a bell! That will never happen again in our lifetime, and if it did, it wont be Brazil.

Watching that game, the Brazilians were there own worst enemy, with out Nemar. I don't want to steer you away from my comments which I standby, because that's my opinion, as you have yours.

If the Brazilian League standard is so low, then why is it that so many players are playing in Europe, is that because they come from a poor league, and if they did, why are they selected? You have to learn your craft somewhere. Brazil is a poor country, in money terms, however its the richest country in football talent.

Even though Germany are the World Cup champions, Brazil are still King of the World Game.

The Joker might have played a few mind games with Murray but for the big Scot to use Novak's limping around as a not-an-excuse excuse denies reality. Andy dumped forehand after forehand into the net throughout the latter part of the third set and virtually all of the fourth set. His unforced error rate went through the roof for a top player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back