2015 Pre-Season (All news, press conferences, training reports)

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive blow especially when we need to start the season well, I'm confident our depth can cover him but he definitely makes us a much better side when he's out there.

From what I gather the article stated Hanley could of managed it through the season but it seems this is the better logn term option. Also as someone stated Hanley does have a history of comin back from injury pretty quick, don't think he'll be right for round 1 but we migt see him a little earlier.

Massive blow especially when we need to start the season well, I'm confident our depth can cover him but he definitely makes us a much better side when he's out there.

From what I gather the article stated Hanley could of managed it through the season but it seems this is the better logn term option. Also as someone stated Hanley does have a history of comin back from injury pretty quick, don't think he'll be right for round 1 but we migt see him a little earlier.

Our main line breaker out for the early part of the season hurts; looks like Rich will just need to kick 70m over the lines now :)

Calling for local knowledge.

We bought flight tix for round 1, but after a few trips staying at Kangaroo point, my wife wants to stay somewhere else.

Can any frequent visitors recommend a reasonably priced hotel within striking distance of both the Gabba and the City?

Cheers in advance.

Calling for local knowledge.

We bought flight tix for round 1, but after a few trips staying at Kangaroo point, my wife wants to stay somewhere else.

Can any frequent visitors recommend a reasonably priced hotel within striking distance of both the Gabba and the City?

Cheers in advance.
Not a lot between those two really but maybe south bank. Last time I looked for accom in Brisbane it wasn't cheap. Few new hotels in the valley. My sister works at mosaic there and it's reasonably priced from memory. Really the city isn't very far away and buses go straight to the gabba on game day. Best staying there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stay in the city, Dizzle - very easy access to Gabba with free buses ... A short ride.

Seconded. They're close enough with the buses not to stress about having to be in between the two.

Try the Novotel (City one, not Airport)!

Dollar for dollar, I think it is great value. Because it is not on the river or Queen St, it is a little less expensive. It is only a few hundred metres walk to Central Station and not much further to the Valley. Can often get accommodation for around $160 including breakfast.

The hotels up around Spring Hill (Grand Chancellor, Hotel Urban) are also fairly good value but you do have a bit of a hike up hill to get back from the City.

The hotels up around Spring Hill (Grand Chancellor, Hotel Urban) are also fairly good value but you do have a bit of a hike up hill to get back from the City.

As a tubby bloke who walks up that hill at least once a day I can tell you it is a hike, but if you have a skinful it's not too bad. Just make sure you come up Jacob's Ladder or around the back of the train station rather than up through the less savoury and poorly lit Wickham Park.

Try the Novotel (City one, not Airport)!

Dollar for dollar, I think it is great value. Because it is not on the river or Queen St, it is a little less expensive. It is only a few hundred metres walk to Central Station and not much further to the Valley. Can often get accommodation for around $160 including breakfast.

Can confirm Grand Chancellor. Spent my wedding night there. Furniture and fixtures stable.

Anyone been to training lately? I'm assuming they would be right into the match simulation stuff by now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back