• Nope

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Just a load of BS

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • Dont have an opinion

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1 in every 4 carbon dioxide molecules in our atmosphere at present were put there by a human.

The ice caps are melting- fact. The arctic ice cap is almost gone during the summer- fact. Sea levels have already risen over the last decade- fact.

If you think the warming is just part of Earth's natural cycle, you are an idiot.

We are looking at the warmest temperatures ever recorded.

Check out the youtube docos on humboldt squid off the US Pacific coast. They are not meant to be there and fish stocks are getting destroyed. Or the plagues of giant jellyfish killing fish stocks off Japan.

Look into the oceanic "dead zones". It's all there if you want to do your research.

Most people just don't want to accept that this planet is in big trouble.

Last edited:
1 in every 4 carbon dioxide molecules in our atmosphere at present were put there by a human.

The ice caps are melting- fact. The arctic ice cap is almost gone during the summer- fact. Sea levels have already risen over the last decade- fact.

If you think the warming is just part of Earth's natural cycle, you are an idiot.

Check out the youtube docos on humboldt squid off the US Pacific coast. They are not meant to be there and fish stocks are getting destroyed. Or the plagues of giant jellyfish killing fish stocks off Japan.

Look into the oceanic "dead zones". It's all there if you want to do your research.

I'm not sure this will help you friend, but with all due respect this isn't 2007.

In regards to the "melting ice" - crap. You are simply wrong on all accounts. There is no significant change since 1979 (fact)
There is new data out that suggests its actually thicker and more widespread.
global_daily_ice_area_withtrend.jpg

In regards to your inflammatory comment about cyclical warming/cooling- I'm an idiot then:oops: But hey its been happening for millennia so I guess it'll just keep on keeping on.

No one is arguing that CO2 levels haven't risen, but there isn't a fact out there that suggests it has the negative impact as predicted by Al Gore and his cronies.

They must be very angry at the climate for not buying their dribble hey;)

I'm not sure this will help you friend, but with all due respect this isn't 2007.

In regards to the "melting ice" - crap. You are simply wrong on all accounts. There is no significant change since 1979 (fact)
There is new data out that suggests its actually thicker and more widespread.
View attachment 106206

In regards to your inflammatory comment about cyclical warming/cooling- I'm an idiot then:oops: But hey its been happening for millennia so I guess it'll just keep on keeping on.

No one is arguing that CO2 levels haven't risen, but there isn't a fact out there that suggests it has the negative impact as predicted by Al Gore and his cronies.

They must be very angry at the climate for not buying their dribble hey;)

Where are you getting your information?
Say hi to 2007 for me...

There's a lot of new information to suggest the ice will be gone in summer entirely, sometime in the next few years. This link for instance:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2013/dec/09/us-navy-arctic-sea-ice-2016-melt

Where are you getting your information?
Say hi to 2007 for me...

There's a lot of new information to suggest the ice will be gone in summer entirely, sometime in the next few years. This link for instance:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2013/dec/09/us-navy-arctic-sea-ice-2016-melt

The graph is from "National snow and ice data center" - (nsidc.org)

Nothing newer than this site and they seem to be less forthright about the pending doom

hmmmm, who to believe on this issue:

1. The opinions of senile right wing voters from the suburbs who's only research into the subject comes from reading Murdoch press, or
2. 95% of Climate scientists who have spent years of education and research into the subject

hmmm, tough decision

hmmmm, who to believe on this issue:

1. The opinions of senile right wing voters from the suburbs who's only research into the subject comes from reading Murdoch press, or
2. 95% of Climate scientists who have spent years of education and research into the subject

hmmm, tough decision
I have quoted NSIDC who are the most up to date research group out there that monitor real time data. They are an organisation that takes real data and tries to determine what is actually happening. They confess they're not sure. They acknowledge climate is cyclical and has been that way since time. (well before the CO2 embarrassment)

Unlike the IPCC, Al Gore and heavens forbid Feathers' fav the Guardian amongst others, who are very angry at the climate for not playing ball ;)

I guess that's the crux of it- shortsightedness.

We as people are not willing to give up our way current of life for a better tomorrow. That's why we have so many people arguing against climate change being caused by humans. How can I put this... Blissfully ignorant?

I'm not perfect. I probably have a yeti-sized carbon footprint... But I can't help but feel sick when governments sell out ours, the the next generation's future.

Planet Earth was our Eden. We are royally f*ing it.
This is the opinion of someone who enjoys an industrialised 'environment'. Go tell the starving in Africa that they can't burn fossil fuels to develop their nation and feed their people. They don't live in 'Eden' and neither did we until we started burning fuel.
We tried rolling this s**t out with China and good on them for not signing up.
That's the thing with climate change pushers. If you are so against it to live in a forest and eat berries. You will all be dead within a week.
There are plenty of scientists out there that disagree that we are driving climate change. Read the opinion of one of the Greenpeace founders, even he doesn't believe the hubris that we are having pushed on us. Have the oil and gas companies got to him too?
It is so refreshing seeing people on here debating this and not towing the political line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear with this discussion that by the time there is clear data that Global Warming is an undeniable phenomenon and that we are in fact in trouble, that it will be too late for us to act in a unified and global manner to reverse it's effects.
That fear is what they are leaning on, now go away and pay additional taxes, higher energy bills and watch the non-industrialised countries starve away with your inner glow that 'hey I'm doing it for the environment'.
Better yet, why don't you move to Rwanda and live in a mud hut with your family. The displaced Rwanda family can move here and live in your house. I'm sure they won't mind switching on the solar panels bought from Gottagetagroup, whilst watching your 50inch LCD provided free with the said panels.
What a wonderful world!

I have a feeling it's the older "she'll be right" generation that are downplaying the consequences/causes of global warming. Coincidentally, it's the same older generation that got us into this mess:rolleyes:
Hey I'm 32 you idiot.
I'm also an engineer working in this field with a bachelor.
I hope you live in a mud hut, walk everywhere and grow your own food. Otherwise you are a hypocrite.
What is your job?
The older generation that 'got us into this mess', just lols. Tell me one thing that you have actually contributed to society in your whole life besides sprouting stupidity on an Internet forum, otherwise I'll consider you a fool.

Hey I'm 32 you idiot.
I hope you live in a mud hut, walk everywhere and grow your own food. Otherwise you are a hypocrite.
What is your job?
The older generation that 'got us into this mess', just lols. Tell me one thing that you have actually contributed to society in your whole life besides sprouting stupidity on an Internet forum, otherwise I'll consider you a fool.

Well, you asked the question - lets hear it from you.

Well, you asked the question - lets hear it from you.
What have I contributed? I am a company owner and employer, I hire young people and train them to be professionals. I also work on large scale energy saving projects, including securing govt funding for clients to invest in sustainable initiatives.
There's 2 for you at a start.
But that's not the point I am not here to be some self-proclaimed 'better than thou' I'm here calling out those that call others idiots for having a different opinion. Science should be tested, those that are questioning the merit of human contributions to global warming should be welcomed, not scoffed at.

Hey I'm 32 you idiot.
What is your job?

So you're saying:

a) Humans are NOT responsible, in any way, to global warming.
b) The only alternative to burning fossil fuels is to eek out a miserable existence inside a mud hut in Rwanda.

I'm not innocent, yes my arguments are idealistic and I see the hypocrisy in it. But you can't say humans are treating this planet in a sustainable manner- the house of cards will come down eventually if we stay on this path.

Personally I like spending my time on a pristine beach, or camping in the lush rain forest like you find at Port Douglas, compared to the urban jungle of a CBD. That's just me though.

So you're saying:

a) Humans are NOT responsible, in any way, to global warming.
b) The only alternative to burning fossil fuels is to eek out a miserable existence inside a mud hut in Rwanda.

I'm not innocent, yes my arguments are idealistic and I see the hypocrisy in it. But you can't say humans are treating this planet in a sustainable manner- the house of cards will come down eventually if we stay on this path.

Personally I like spending my time on a pristine beach, or camping in the lush rain forest like you find at Port Douglas, compared to the urban jungle of a CBD. That's just me though.
Ahh and true to form the misquoting begins. Did not say:

We are not responsible, in any way to global warming or;
The only alternative is the mud hut.

And again with the extremist view point of the 'house of cards will come down'.

Good that you admitted you're a hypocrite.

Didn't answer my question about your job? Why is that?

Do you walk to Port Douglas? Or do you realise that you couldn't go to Port Douglas without industrialisation? And you do realise that you would actually be more environmentally friendly if you stayed in the urban jungle of a CBD instead of flying, driving, and trekking (no doubt via a pathway that has been cut through by man, oh what about the trees that were there before?) to a 'lush rain forest'.

Carbon Dioxide consists of 0.039% of the atmosphere.

That means that for every 100 molecules of atmosphere, less than half of 1 of those molecules is carbon dixoide.

So you're really saying 25% of 0.039% of those less than 1 molecules that makes up the atmosphere has been the result of mans activities.

25% of 0.039% is 0.00975%

So to clearly say what you're saying is that 0.00975% of every 100 molecules in the atmosphere is the result of mans activities.

Can you really say that an increase of 0.00975% of Carbon dioxide is responsible for all of the oceans problems? Maybe it's a combination of overfishing, introduced species etc that's causing the problems you are concerned about off the US Pacific Coast.

Carbon Dioxide consists of 0.039% of the atmosphere.

That means that for every 100 molecules of atmosphere, less than half of 1 of those molecules is carbon dixoide.

So you're really saying 25% of 0.039% of those less than 1 molecules that makes up the atmosphere has been the result of mans activities.

25% of 0.039% is 0.00975%

So to clearly say what you're saying is that 0.00975% of every 100 molecules in the atmosphere is the result of mans activities.

Can you really say that an increase of 0.00975% of Carbon dioxide is responsible for all of the oceans problems? Maybe it's a combination of overfishing, introduced species etc that's causing the problems you are concerned about off the US Pacific Coast.

Exactly. I agree. To the untrained eye it may seem like a tiny number... But to a planet with ecosystems in perfect harmonious balance that is appropriate for life and culture that we know it... A 25% increase is still a 25% increase.

Yes. It applies to everyone though on this board as we are pretty relaxed here but after warnings are given which are ignored it leaves us no choice.

Stop playing the man when you post.

Yes. It applies to everyone though on this board as we are pretty relaxed here but after warnings are given which are ignored it leaves us no choice.

Stop playing the man when you post.
Yep no worries, was merely replying to an earlier 'man player' but I get your point. Won't single anyone out in future :)

Back