FTA-TV Jonathan Brown to join Fox Footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Browny and am interested to hear his special comments at times as I respect his standing in the game, however you couldn't get more opposites than Sheehan and Browny. Would be a very different show.

Loved it last year, Dunstall was a great addition, intrigued how it will go this year.

I reckon they should part with Dunstall. Way too much of him on Fox Footy. From the Bounce, to Friday Nights in the Fox Studio, to speical comments to On the Couch. I would have Browny in his position and get someone who is a journalist with some kind of respect to replace Mike. I like the way that format works rather than 3 ex-players.

I think the show works the way it does because Mike is a journalist rather than an ex-player. As stated above it will change the dynamics of the show having three ex-players on there and it will be interesting to see how they handle it.
Only thing is there isn't many journos who aren't already signed to 7/9/10 or already have shows at fox footy. Someone like Huddo is more suited to Gerard's role instead of Mike's.

The one person who would be perfect would be Garry Lyon (even though he's a former player), but he'd never leave 9 with the money they give him.

I think the show works the way it does because Mike is a journalist rather than an ex-player. As stated above it will change the dynamics of the show having three ex-players on there and it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Exactly, they needed a Journo in the three, it's going to end up turning into a boys club like all the other shows on Fox Footy

Precisely! Here's got by on the vaudeville shows. He's a risk on a more serious show.

Brown played the character he was required to play on the Footy Show.

If you've ever had a chat to him about footy, you'll know there is much more to him than what you see on the Channel 9 clown show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what i know it may or may not happen. I've got inside word, but told not to say anything. Could go both ways. Can't say much other than he may be playing footy again.:cool:
pulling on the boots back in Warrnambool?

pulling on the boots back in Warrnambool?

Doubt it. Quoted in an article today saying he should have retired 3 years ago.

He has three young kids... he isnt risking any more head injuries.

Get the journo Anderson who's sometimes on 3aw. All the young journos are too head wobble. Needs an old head.

Brown played the character he was required to play on the Footy Show.

If you've ever had a chat to him about footy, you'll know there is much more to him than what you see on the Channel 9 clown show.

It's a still risky to put someone who is first year full time in the media - Can you give me a precedent.

Brown will just be another Barry Hall/Cameron Mooney type. A-grade bogan and boring as batsh*t.

Has more football nous in his little finger than Richo has all up.

I reckon they should part with Dunstall. Way too much of him on Fox Footy. From the Bounce, to Friday Nights in the Fox Studio, to speical comments to On the Couch. I would have Browny in his position and get someone who is a journalist with some kind of respect to replace Mike. I like the way that format works rather than 3 ex-players.
Part with Dunstall? WTF? He's the best they've got, at least from an ex-player perspective.

I'd like to see Huddo replace Mike and see Browny replace Dunstall. That'd be a good combo imo.
Brown replacing Dunstall would be a serious downgrade. Browny's alright, but Dunstall has done it all (premierships, Footy Director, CEO, etc) and therefore provides a rounded, well balanced perspective.

Huddo replacing Mike is a good move though. Whateley would probably be better, but he's already the anchor host on AFL 360.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back