Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another football forum site which has some of the information on it (I was lead to the site from a post on their efc board). The DEMON is in the details which could LAND the efc in some deep trouble. The thread on their forum is quite large so skip to page 41.
Ohh dear... if that is in fact true... the bit that I read on page 41, then Essendon* are seriously in the s**t. Because if ASADA has a player who has spilt the beans... then WorkCover has their witness to go after the board and support staff at the club for creating an unsafe working environment for the players. The Essendon* board will have no choice but to sack Hird and all the support staff who was working at the club prior to 2014. And there will also be a fair few board members who will be looking at a pink slip as well.

hoddo22

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Whoever this player is that has rolled over to spill the beans, yes he will be the most hated man in * history.

But supporters from 17 other clubs will be shouting him lattes, beers and top shelf scotch wherever he goes.

Similarly, Hird will be spat on wherever he goes. I'm assuming his visits to the US are to line up employment. He's getting out of Dodge shortly.

Whoever this player is that has rolled over to spill the beans, yes he will be the most hated man in * history.

But supporters from 17 other clubs will be shouting him lattes, beers and top shelf scotch wherever he goes.

I thought Stephen O'Reilly was a national hero to non carlton fans?

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Doesn't necessarily mean anything substantial - but interesting to note that most betting agencies don't appear to be offering odds on Essendon games yet.

Was setting up my Supercoach team when I noticed the Sportsbet display listed odds for every round one game, but had Essendon ($0.00) vs Sydney ($0.00). A quick browse around turned up similar situations for other major betting companies.

Seems even the professional punters aren't willing to back them in!

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
WTF!

Robbo: Guaranteed backdated suspensions or Dons boycott

Essendon players will not participate in any AFL-sanctioned games unless they are guaranteed any possible suspensions will be backdated to last year, says Mark Robinson.
The chief football writer for the Herald Sun believes the Bombers will not participate unless they can be assured any suspension will start from the last time they played in 2014.

“If Essendon is playing in the NAB Challenge and this hearing hasn’t handed down its decision, then if they play and there is no backdating then that would be deemed their last game (from where the suspension would start),” explained Robinson on SEN radio.
“So the players, I’ve been told, will not play unless they get a guarantee it will be backdated.”

Furthermore, the club will have the same attitude towards the regular season that starts for the Bombers on April 4 against Sydney.
“(There has to be a decision before the season starts) because I’m telling you Essendon players won’t play Round One,” said Robinson.

Who the hell do these ***** think they are!

coryne

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 15, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Can you imagine the outcry if the AFL give in to these flogs... holy hell... they are backing themselves into a very deep, dark corner, and I for one will have no qualms if each and every one of them is royally reamed while hiding there...

If that happens ...............

#OCCUPYAFLHOUSE

WTF!

Robbo: Guaranteed backdated suspensions or Dons boycott

Who the hell do these ***** think they are!

Be awesome if they did boycott the whole season, I would be okay with that.

If the TV stations are worried about the fixture being destroyed TL15 has a solution. For the Carlton vs Essendon game just replay the 1999 Preliminary Final, I would be ******* happy with that. All other clubs could nominate the most humiliating defeat they imposed on Essendon and that gets played in lieu of their fixture.

You want ideas AFL....just call me in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back