Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
I have only seen 2 in the flesh on the road. The last one I saw drove past us in Carlton and I said to my wife - "thats it, sexiest car you will see all year". No more than 5 minutes later this guy drove past in a charcoal grey Murcielago and my wife looked at me as if to say "you wanna take that back..?". Had to laugh. Poor guy couldn't find a car park though.....(mind you the trophy sitting in the passenger seat was enjoying all the attention as they drove round and round).

I had the Audi Q5 for a while which shares the same platform as the Porche but this is waaaay different. Really suprising how good it feels to drive. The Audi was pretty average to be honest and there is no way I would pay for one myself.

I chose the 21 inch 911 Turbo wheels ($3200) plus the Chrono Sports package ($2,600); panoramic Sunroof ($3800); Reversing Camera etc $1,100 (can't believe that does not come standard on a $130k car) and the digital reception pack ($800). Color is Sapphire Blue Metallic ($1,900). Ceramic Brake upgrade was $19k....forget it.

Ceramic brakes...that's bizarre for a Macan. I would think not much less than a 918 Spyder would bother with them..

Yeah the options on all these cars is ridiculous, we get fingered hard. Paying 130k for a Macan should include everything and the kitchen sink. That's the area where Lexus absolutely buries the Euros.

What about the Lexus??? Those CLA/A45 AMG models are absolutely killer in every way IMO.

Let us know how the drive goes....you are a big unit, you will never fit in the back of the CLA with that sloping roofline!!

My wifes' friend has the A45AMG which as I said once before is a weapon. She and her husband bought it and gave her Nissan Dualis to him and she got the Merc. Something is not right there in that relationship LOL.

I read that Mercedes was scrambling to increase capacity - they admitted they severely underestimated the global demand for the CLA and A45 models. I actually quite like the GLA as well. Allocated 2 vehicles for the rest of the year?? Thats getting worse not better.

The word is AMG are building a factory in China specifically for Chinese customers. That should free up supply for everywhere else.

You can't even buy an A45 in the USA, only the CLA45. So who knows where all these cars are going? Not Australia, that's for sure!

I gave a strange hunch that they're holding back production because they don't want the AMG 45's to become the next Evo or STi. And they run 26 pound of boost. I know AMG stands by it but it's only been 18 months. If engines start blowing after the warranty is up, AMG would probably be destroyed overnight by BMW and Audi and Porsche and Lexus

Maybe the next model update for the 45's, they will increase production if the engines are holding up

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
I don't believe Merc for one single second when they say it's because they underestimated demand.

Release an AMG that does 0-100 in 4.5 seconds, 2 litre turbo AWD, all the latest tech, and supercars aside chews up anything this side of a GTR, for 100k or less....they knew it was going to be a feeding frenzy

Its like HSV releasing a twin turbo V6 version of the GTS, that's as quick or quicker, for 25 grand...and then going "oops! we didnt think anyone would buy it..lels!"

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been listening to Darkthrone "The Underground Resistance" again a bit of late. Guess this band has totally abandoned their 2nd wave of BM thing and moved on again from that punky vibe they incorporated for a while there too..I have not enjoyed a Darkthrone album like this for a long, long time.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Been listening to Darkthrone "The Underground Resistance" again a bit of late. Guess this band has totally abandoned their 2nd wave of BM thing and moved on again from that punky vibe they incorporated for a while there too..I have not enjoyed a Darkthrone album like this for a long, long time.
Really like most of the early stuff and until The Cult Is Alive. Found F.O.A.D. Ok when released but I am only annoyed by their new image now. Leave No Cross Unturned from The Underground Resistance is a really great song, but really should have been released under a different name. Perhaps Isengard...

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea

Really like most of the early stuff and until The Cult Is Alive. Found F.O.A.D. Ok when released but I am only annoyed by their new image now. Leave No Cross Unturned from The Underground Resistance is a really great song, but really should have been released under a different name. Perhaps Isengard...

wtf hadn't listened to darkthrone for ages

that s**t sounds like Burzum and late era Root doing a gig together

looks like a tryhard Arghoslent album cover, is that the image they're going for now? i'll stick to Forgotten Woods and Grand Belials Key, lol

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
I had not really enjoyed anything since Ravishing Grimness. I threw Plaguweilder out the window on first listen and nothing since has appealed. They are all over the shop. However, The Underground Resistance I totally dig.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
To be honest, Transilvanian Hunger is the only one of their earlier stuff I got into. Was never a massive Darkthrone fan as I was more into stuff like Abigor and Emperor.

Soulside Journey for me. Blaze is also great but just sounds like Bathory.

Panzerfaust decent too.

Giving "Caligvla" by Ex Deo a spin at the moment. I've been a fan of Kataklysm for a while now, but considering that Ancient Rome is my favourite period of history I enjoy this more.

I was just thinking the other day that they're due for a new album, but noticed that they're on hold. The drummer has left Kataklysm, so I assume that may be why.

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
Giving "Caligvla" by Ex Deo a spin at the moment. I've been a fan of Kataklysm for a while now, but considering that Ancient Rome is my favourite period of history I enjoy this more.

I was just thinking the other day that they're due for a new album, but noticed that they're on hold. The drummer has left Kataklysm, so I assume that may be why.

It would more than that, they could take their pick of a million metal drummers that would start tomorrow

It would more than that, they could take their pick of a million metal drummers that would start tomorrow

If I was good enough I'd be falling over myself to try out, but I got the impression with Ex Deo that even though it was Maurizio's thing, having all of the Kataklysm guys in it was important, so if one leaves then it affects both bands. Still, like you said, there's be heaps of drummers who'd be willing to sign up to both bands. Still wish I was good enough:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Received Frontschwein by Marduk today, my first album for 2015. It is a crushing album.

I haven't heard the whole thing, but I love what I have. Did you get the chance to see them live a couple of weeks ago?

TheGoatBaron

Aliens exist and they do control your mind!!!
Jan 4, 2010
South-West Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melb, Eintracht Frankfurt.
I haven't heard the whole thing, but I love what I have. Did you get the chance to see them live a couple of weeks ago?

Nah I didn't. I haven't been able to save money to get to Melbourne since my Mother's death. Would have loved to have seen them though, I heard it was a good show. Heard one of the shows they played Those of the Unlight and Panzer Division Marduk in full.

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
Still one of the better one man BM efforts over the years

I dont think he ever did anything else. Up there with Leviathan

I cranked that album for a year i reckon i knew every riff to within an inch of its life. That, and Eater Of Birds by Cobalt..probably 5 years ago now or more

Nah I didn't. I haven't been able to save money to get to Melbourne since my Mother's death. Would have loved to have seen them though, I heard it was a good show. Heard one of the shows they played Those of the Unlight and Panzer Division Marduk in full.

Sorry to hear about your Mother, mate. I went to both Melbourne shows. I put a little gig report for each one on this thread. If you're interested, they'll just be back a couple of pages.

TheGoatBaron

Jan 4, 2010
South-West Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sorry to hear about your Mother, mate. I went to both Melbourne shows. I put a little gig report for each one on this thread. If you're interested, they'll just be back a couple of pages.

I must have missed those reports, will have to check them out. And thanks for the condolences too mate.

My copy of the Marilyn Manson new album The Pale Emperor has been shipped. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully it's better than Born Villain and the High End of Low.

I must have missed those reports, will have to check them out. And thanks for the condolences too mate.

My copy of the Marilyn Manson new album The Pale Emperor has been shipped. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully it's better than Born Villain and the High End of Low.

I haven't heard the new Manson. I liked the very old stuff, when it sounded ultra-creepy, but the reviews that I've read of The Pale Emperor include the word "mature"; it's been described as a bluesy album, and quite brilliant, a pleasant surprise. Let us all know what you think.

TheGoatBaron

Jan 4, 2010
South-West Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I haven't heard the new Manson. I liked the very old stuff, when it sounded ultra-creepy, but the reviews that I've read of The Pale Emperor include the word "mature"; it's been described as a bluesy album, and quite brilliant, a pleasant surprise. Let us all know what you think.

Will do once I receive it. I liked the Eat Me, Drink Me album, probably last album by Manson I fully appreciated. I like the singles off this new album.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Quick straw poll on fav Agalloch albums. Here is mine:

1. Ashes Against the Grain
2. Pale Folklore
3. The Mantle
4. The Serpent and the Sphere
5. Marrow of the Spirit

Note: have not heard the White EP but I have no doubt I would like it.

Of the albums I've heard:

1. The Mantle
2. Ashes Of The Grain
3. The Serpent and the Sphere
4. Marrow of the Spirit

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rate What The Person Above You Is Listening To (Part 2)

Their first album was regarded almost universally as one of, if not the best, death doom album ever
Best Death Doom? Hmm, I'd take into consideration:

Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt
Winter - Into Darkness
Goatlord - Reflections of the Solstice
Paradise Lost - Gothic
Esoteric - Epistemological Despondency or The Pernicious Enigma
My Dying Bride - hard to name a release there, perhaps first 2 or The Dreadful Hours

Would be my choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back