Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkins is the only young key forward available through free agency in 2015 after Tex Walker committed to the Crows. If Geelong let Hawkins go then the chances of Dangerfield going to the Cats probably increases substantially. Therefore they may think about it considering their top end midfielders are getting on in age these days.

Leppa obviously has the Richmond link with Jack Riewoldt so that could be a possibility but they would need to trade to get that done. Something tells me the Lions aren't too keen on trading players. They would probably be okay with trading picks considering they have a young enough team to not need high picks for a few years. This will be interesting to follow considering the Lions should do well on the field in 2015.

Good luck - Tex loves the Crows, the club he supported also as a kid. Talks about loyalty is important to him.

Reckon you have far better chances elsewhere, including his old mate Tippett, who is from Queensland & Swans have cap space issues...
You can officially cross tex off the target list as was never going to leave afc.

Swans looking for cap relief, tippo looking to home to his other home.

Doubt Hawkins will leave the cats either.

Pity Dangerfield's main priority is success
Wouldn't be at Adelaide if this were true. He'd follow Lake and Frawley, or move to your cross-town comrades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pre-Season has even Started yet. Might get some more in the 2nd Half of the Season

Yeah i know. I was just curious if there was anything new that might have popped up.

Pretty sure that the 2 Players we had in mind have signed with their clubs in Walker and Hawkins would love Carlisle

Yeah Carlisle would be awesome i just dont know what we would give up for him that essendon would accept. Especially with Keays coming on this in the draft.

Yeah i know. I was just curious if there was anything new that might have popped up.

Yeah Carlisle would be awesome i just dont know what we would give up for him that essendon would accept. Especially with Keays coming on this in the draft.

Carlisle as a CHB, yep; but a big no as a forward...can beat up on the smaller, inexperienced defences - but not the answer we may be looking for at the end of 2015 :cool:

Played 19 games last year, 90% as a forward and had the one day out against the Bulldogs (8.2) - his other 18 games we're:

0 goals x 8 times
1 goal x 3 times
2 goals x 6 times

Wait, that adds up to only 17 :confused:

*Kicked 4.2 vs the Pies in a 64 pt win :thumbsu:

Interesting to see where Harvey plays him this year ;)

Jake Carlisle will be one of them.

Good luck trading for him, hehehehe.
So with all the trading and FA over the last couple of years you still think this is a valid comment?

I actually think a player such as Carlisle is exactly the player Lions will target. I am unsure of his contract status however he would fit into that side very nicely. That would have quit a side should be become a Lion.

Would be good if teams can trade salary cap relief for draft picks. Imagine a team like Melbourne that has a lot of space in the cap. They trade let's say 500k of cap space to Adelaide for their second rounder. Adelaide can then match the money danger needs and front load it. Melb then trades both second rounders for a first rounder. Win

I have no basis of this other than what it….

But given Cloke is a fan of cash, what if Brisbane got in his ear and wanted him to walk and offered him buku bucks. They could offer several parts in trade of solid value in picks and players, CLoke would get more $$ and the Pies would get help with the rebuild.

Go Catters

I have no basis of this other than what it….

But given Cloke is a fan of cash, what if Brisbane got in his ear and wanted him to walk and offered him buku bucks. They could offer several parts in trade of solid value in picks and players, CLoke would get more $$ and the Pies would get help with the rebuild.

Go Catters
If I was a Bris supporter I'd rather get Fev back aged 34 rather than Cloke.

Cloke is too old an too overrated. Be tough selling that one to fans no way we would want him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back