Preview 2015 Best 22

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Hi Iva Bigun where do you see Trent McKenzie playing if KK is on the other half back flank.
Its a good question and I know Trent has been been looking at a change of role, I can't remember if he was looking at a mid or forward role :confused:

Can anyone else help gotassieboys out?

gotassieboys

All Australian
Jul 13, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I personally think KK would be a good option on the wing.

It is on record he has elite running skills and has a decent left foot kick on him. I think this position would exploit his strengths and would allow his "younger frame" to develop without being smashed.

At this stage of his career being an outside running machine would benefit the team enormously.

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Personally im reasonably happy with the top 22
I'd switch a few players around the ground and bench.. But that's about it.
Aaron hall wont be there round 1.. So opens up for boston garlett or miller
Interesting side, it's getting hard to fit them all in which can only b a good thing. I sorta disagree that T-Nic is #1, even tho I love him. Also quite like Jesse & Seb (younguns) and Broughts is more than serviceable, no doubt they will get a chance thru the season and where is Sunny_ 's man Herbert (potential there)..?

G'day lads, sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread.

I'm just chasing some news on Peter Wright, and how you guys think he might go this year (for SC purposes)

Is he a realistic chance to crack the odd game here or there? Obviously behind Smith and Nichols in the pecking order as a ruck, but it wouldn't be unrealistic to think he'll get a chance as a forward some time this year would it? Would have to be an injury to Charlie or Lynch for that to happen perhaps.

Churs.

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
G'day lads, sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread.

I'm just chasing some news on Peter Wright, and how you guys think he might go this year (for SC purposes)

Is he a realistic chance to crack the odd game here or there? Obviously behind Smith and Nichols in the pecking order as a ruck, but it wouldn't be unrealistic to think he'll get a chance as a forward some time this year would it? Would have to be an injury to Charlie or Lynch for that to happen perhaps.

Churs.
Doubt he will play at all, unless he absolutely tears it up in the NEAFL

Trent is training with the backs and been working on adding some more muscle to his body. So perhaps more of a third-tall defender role rather than pure rebounder.
Surely McKenzie is too good at the attacking side of the game to be used as a negating defender? He's got very good foot speed on top of his excellent kick.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Surely McKenzie is too good at the attacking side of the game to be used as a negating defender? He's got very good foot speed on top of his excellent kick.
His knock is that he had no defensive side to his game whatsoever. Shocking in contested situations, often out-marked by those much smaller than him. I don't mind developing the necessary skills and strength to not concede a mark one-v-one body against body.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
His knock is that he had no defensive side to his game whatsoever. Shocking in contested situations, often out-marked by those much smaller than him. I don't mind developing the necessary skills and strength to not concede a mark one-v-one body against body.

Trent sort of played as the 3rd tall defender last year aswell didnt he?

Im trying to think who your CHB is/was you have (Big red) Thompson. My mind has gone blank for now. Oh and May CHB/FB.

Another question, did Harbrow play on a wing more last year with KK coming into the side? or still roam down half back?

Im trying to think who your back 6 was last year? May, Thompson, Mckenzie, KK, ????, ?????

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Trent sort of played as the 3rd tall defender last year aswell didnt he?

Im trying to think who your CHB is/was you have (Big red) Thompson. My mind has gone blank for now. Oh and May CHB/FB.

Another question, did Harbrow play on a wing more last year with KK coming into the side? or still roam down half back?

Im trying to think who your back 6 was last year? May, Thompson, Mckenzie, KK, ????, ?????
Lemmens, Broughton.

Harbrow played mostly midfield.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Very looking forward to seeing how a lot of our players go including Martin, Sexton, Hallahan, Malceski, Garlett, Miller, Wright, and Kade, how Rocket intends to play us, how our ruckmen go, and our delivery into the forward line. Does anyone know if the Indigenous Allstars game is being shown on the AFL app. Hoping some of our boys get a game in that too.

Edit: add Josh Glenn and Adam Saad to that list. Hope they get a go in the first match.

Last edited:
Back