WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As wrestling fans we need to personally draw our own line on what sacrifices we are comfortable with being made for the sake of our own entertainment.

Everybody needs their own stance on things like piledrivers and chair shots.

I pass off my own guilt by reminding myself that these people are freely choosing this profession and are reaping the benefits of it as well as its downfalls. Is this wrong of me? I'm not sure, but it does make it easier to get lost in the moment when you see an unprotected shot to the head.

I think that's the best thing you've posted on this board today :)

You're right. We must draw our own lines, but at the same time we can't really claim to take any moral high ground and tell others that their line is wrong and ours is right.

I don't watch ROH any more. Going back to 2004 - 2007 (when Benoit happened and I stopped watching wrestling) you would not have found a bigger ROH fan in Australia than me. And when I tried getting back into wrestling in 2010, ROH was the first promotion I went back to. I'd heard so much about the Steen/Generico feud... and I didn't even make it through a whole show. To this day I don't care if guys are putting their arms up to protect themselves - there's no justification in my mind, given what we now know, for chair shots (or ladder shots or whatever) to the head.

But therein lies the conundrum. Much as I wish my line was universal it never can be, and as you say these guys will choose this possession and reap the benefits of however they choose to engage in wrestling 'competition.'

These were some of the matches that put Steen and Generico on the map, which then led to them being signed by WWE.

And when you put it like that, it kind of highlights the hypocrisy of WWE in a way. They don't allow these things themselves - but they're happy to sign guys who made their name doing things like that

They sparsely do shots to the head anymore which is good. But that's not an excuse for the crappy writing.
"Oh they can't do chairs/blood anymore don't blame the writers" gets a run too much on the internet.

They sparsely do shots to the head anymore which is good. But that's not an excuse for the crappy writing.
"Oh they can't do chairs/blood anymore don't blame the writers" gets a run too much on the internet.

It is 100% the writing that is to blame for the current product. I actually even question if they genuinely do have writers at all anymore.

People complain about the talent a lot but watching a few episodes of RAW from the attitude era over the past few nights & it really is blatantly obvious at how ridiculously lazy it is now. So much effort went into it from top to bottom back then & that's what made it what it was. I mean even freaking Gangrel had an elaborate entrance before even getting into the fact that he also had what seemed like a consistent continual storyline that rivaled what they dish up for the top guys now & he was probably the very bottom of the card.

That link about Benoit made me feel sick. Disgusting human and I can 't believe people are still trying to prove his innocence.

Well I don’t think he was 100% with it at the End. Shows how too many Concussions can do to a Person

Well I don’t think he was 100% with it at the End. Shows how too many Concussions can do to a Person

No question his head wasn't right. Somebody of sane mind could never do those things, and I have no doubt chair shots and diving headbutts concussed the * out of him.

But I will never defend him for it, nor will I ever watch a match of his.

When I first saw Benoit rumours I thought it was going to be some talk about his kid wrestling and being backstage at a live event with Jericho and stuff.
10919352_651903531598912_245972912_n.jpg

My opinion on Chris Benoit is that he did some absolutely terrible things in his last days. I'll still watch his matches, but it is tough during certain moves. It's effected the way I watch all wrestling really. When I watched Final Battle 14, I was fine seeing the thumb tack superkick spot and I was also fine seeing Jay Briscoe get paper stapled to his head. But when Briscoe took that unprotected chair shot, it just pulled me out of the action and question how his future will be if he takes more of them.

Every time I think of it I always end up thinking of his totally innocent kid. There is absolutely no excuse or way to justify what he would have went though. Sickening!

You can never 100% Defend what he did but we have no Idea what was going thru his Mind at that time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of Benoit and concussions I've actually been doing my Research Project (ugh) on concussions in sports and stuff. I've found some pictures that show just how terrible concussions can be. If you're a bit more squeamish I recommend maybe not looking at these.

normal-and-cte-brains.jpg
CTE-NFL-Concussions-Brain-Tissue-001.jpg
070905224343-large.jpg
abc_gma_father_brain_070905_ms.jpg
That advanced picture... yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back