Is Gary Ablett Junior Returning to The Cattery?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
With Gary Ablett junior still unsigned & yet to commit his future to a new contract, is there any chance he will return back to his state & town of Origin?

He stated publicly himself that he wanted Guy McKenna to remain as coach, & yet, as we all know, McKenna was dumped & departed in acrimonious circumstances.

There is also the fact of his manager, one Mr Liam Pickering, & his usual modus operandi in having his clients move clubs more often for bigger contracts in order to feather his own nest!

It would not surprise this punter for one, to see Ablett Junior remain unsigned until the end of the season, which - when it comes to Pickering's clients - means that he is almost certainly gone....If he hasn't signed by the beginning of the Football year, then Gold Coast fans would have real cause for concern.

The Cats will likely lose Enright at the end of 2015. Also, Kelly (Pace), Johnson (Foot) & Bartel (Knee) can't have much longer to go. So salary cap issues won't be a major concern if 2 or more of these blokes retire....Indeed, we may even see the scenario where both of Ablett & Dangerfield end up at the Cattery together in 2016!

The silence over this one has the alarm bells ringing in my ears!....Am I the only one hearing them?

Yes - you are the only one hearing alarm bells ringing. He will resign at GC on top dollar - geelong wont pay the million doller plus that he wants (and arguably deserves), even though we can afford it.

• Banned
That would be ruddy awesome if he did. Imagine Danger, Selwood and Gazza all in the same midfield

That's my concern!.....While Ablett remains unsigned, it will continue to be so!

Yes - you are the only one hearing alarm bells ringing. He will resign at GC on top dollar - geelong wont pay the million doller plus that he wants (and arguably deserves), even though we can afford it.

It's nice to know that you speak on behalf of everyone else!

However....2 Facts....He still remains unsigned..... The Cats have the salary cap space to pull such a coup off.

As of today, such a move still remains within the realms of possibility!

Didn't he re-sign a few weeks ago with the Suns (or on the verge of, according to the Hun)

OP is making a mountain out of a molehill, with all due respect, Gablett is now a Sun for life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he re-sign a few weeks ago with the Suns (or on the verge of, according to the Hun)

OP is making a mountain out of a molehill, with all due respect, Gablett is now a Sun for life

Still remains unsigned mate!....Correct me if I'm wrong.

Need I remind everyone in here of what has transpired in the past with Pickerings other clients; who had not signed at this time of year as yet????

1. Ablett (First time)
2. Scully
3. Franklin

Not to mention what transpired with young Boyd from G.W.S just last year!

He'd be silly to play with Gold Coast throughout those tough, unsuccessful years then walk out on the verge of something special. Plus then the money that GC will offer isn't too bad either.

Until such time as their list improves to the extent that they have a dozen 25-28 year olds, which is still a good 5 years away, then it's my estimation that they are no chance for the flag anytime soon!

We all saw what happened to the Gold Coast last year after Ablett went down....They melted into oblivion!

Why would he want to go on carrying this club, only to then retire at say 35, when they will almost be ready to salute, but not quite?...But if he returns to the Cats in 2016, there are other leaders there already primed to help him win another premiership....He already has enuf $$$$$$!

.But if he returns to the Cats in 2016, there are other leaders there already primed to help him win another premiership....He already has enuf $$$$$$!

Geelong are as close to a premiership as north. Not happening in Gazzas twilight. Put him in Port's side however.....

If GJ remains OOC, then sure Id luv to see him in at home.

There is of course more chance of Angie Harmon talking me up on the coffee I offered to get with her last week.

Not gonna happen but oh how good would it be….

GO Catters

He won't come back for the money, that's obvious.

If he does come back he's forgotten about the fishbowl that he got away from, maybe in the offseason he should go there and walk around the streets and remind himself. :p

Won't leave the Suns, as mentioned earlier, he is a good chance to add to his 2 premierships with the Suns as for the Cats, well my opinion is they are a little bit away from another flag. Will sign another top dollar deal to remain there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back