Australian Open 2015 - Men's final

Remove this Banner Ad

If he couldn't do it in 2011 he's never doing it.

He is a better player this year and he doesn't have Federer at his relative peak. Rafa is the only one that can stop him at the French

He is a better player this year and he doesn't have Federer at his relative peak. Rafa is the only one that can stop him at the French

No chance he's better than 2011, Novak in 2011 was pretty much god mode. He might win French but calender year grand slam is impossible.

He was already pushed to 5 sets twice so someone will definitely beat him in the next 3 slams. IMO of course.

Lets be honest, Murray's tournament was outstanding. An interrupted and inconsistent year coming back from back surgery, he spend his pre season training hard and getting his team right again - a final appearance is way, way, above par.

He's in with a real chance at Wimbledon, and can easily nab a couple of masters series events to give him a good crack at a the top 4 again.

No chance he's better than 2011, Novak in 2011 was pretty much god mode. He might win French but calender year grand slam is impossible.

He was already pushed to 5 sets twice so someone will definitely beat him in the next 3 slams. IMO of course.

He is a better clay court player now than in 2011, and Nadal was absolutely ridiculous that year at the French. Knows how to win Wimbledon, and he won't lose the US Open again. He won' play THAT badly in a semi again. I give him a better than even chance, but the French is the question. My view is he needs to reduce his clay season to give him the best shot at beating Rafa in a clay final at Roland Garros.

Lets be honest, Murray's tournament was outstanding. An interrupted and inconsistent year coming back from back surgery, he spend his pre season training hard and getting his team right again - a final appearance is way, way, above par.

He's in with a real chance at Wimbledon, and can easily nab a couple of masters series events to give him a good crack at a the top 4 again.

Pretty sure he is top 4 now with this result. Stan drops to number 9. He would be 4th at worst, if not 3rd. Haven't checked the points. Murray is a chance, actually rate his chances at the US Open more, which sounds weird.

Rankings? He's 4th again as of now. Only 200 points away from Rafa.

Thought so and Rafa has a LOT to defend between now and the French as remember he came back at this time last year after missing the AO in 2014. Any missed events (and I can't see how he won't miss an event or two) and Murray is 3rd. Could easily be seeded 2 at the FO.

I thought Djokovic had spinal cerebellar ataxia in the second set. He's an odd one and I would like the story behind all the sudden swings in his physical condition that he is now known for.

I would love the commentators to just mention it instead of feeding it to the viewers like he is some amazing come back kid

Early in that 2nd set he looked to the box and pretty much indicated he was done

They need to move the Women's final to the Friday and Men's to the Saturday
Could work, overseas viewers could watch the mena final late fri night/early Saturday their time. Could start the tournament on Sunday too recoup the lost day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murray's rage timer

SandTimerDM1701_228x423.jpg

It's almost time!
Haha so true

OK let's try:

- The quality of tennis is actually improving as the points become more important.
- The ability of both players to turn the point from defense to offense is like nothing we have seen before.
- The athletic ability from both players.
- Both players playing quite aggressive, especially in comparison to many of their previous match ups.
- 2 hours and 10 minutes of high quality, high emotion tennis and they cannot be split. We are only about to start the third set.

Do you want more? If you don't enjoy this, switch off and don't bother watching tennis again.
This is stuffed, 2.5 hours for 2 sets... Amazing match so far though, the amount of 20+ ball rallies is insane. The atheticism and fitness is crazy. There's so little between each player!

Spot on!

I love the Australian Open Final and the build up to it but I always feel a sense of sadness when the tournament is over for another year. It's fantastic during the off-season of footy and I'm absolutely pumped for it already next year

Anyone else feel the same?
This. Going to feel weird tonight no match on :( Been a great solid month of Hopman, Bris&Syd and Aus Open

Anyone got a sour taste in their mouth after Djokovic's foxing last night? Was a great tournament kinda ruined by it I feel...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back