Games Is FM 2014 Worth it?

Remove this Banner Ad

My latest season was a Man united fan's wet dream.

I had to play Liverpool on the last day but could only manage a draw so missed out on 4th :(

2015-02-10_00004.jpg

Won the UEFA Cup and my board surprises me with

2015-02-10_00003.jpg

Just started new save on FM2012 (yes, 2012) with lowly League 1 (as they were back then) Stevenage. Not had a brilliant start to the season (not exactly a squad brimming with quality), won 2, drawn 1, lost 4/5, I keep losing by narrow margins, the team is battling hard but no one seems able to take the chances we get. I suspect it will be a hard season.

Yeah lower leagues can be brutal when you have a squad with no way of fixing it.

Yeah lower leagues can be brutal when you have a squad with no way of fixing it.

I lost my next two games (1-0 and 5-3) before putting together two consecutive wins in the league and then losing again. I've played 11, won 4, drawn 1 and lost 6. Not terrible but I am still lingering close to the relegation zone.

The team meeting seemed to work wonders for the squad's morale, which seems to have been the catalyst for better performances. Though I lost away to Charlton, it was only 3-2 (and I led 2-1 for much of the match). I also beat Sheffield Utd quite easily (not bad given the size of Stevenage vs the size of Sheffield). Still a long way to go, and I haven't the funds for much improvement (in fact I am beating off other teams with sticks to keep my best players), but I am cautiously hopeful I can avoid the drop. I won't be able to achieve anything more than that this season.

Pftttt, when I had the board build a new stadium they named it after me. :cool::cool::cool:
I had that! Everton moved to Thorne Arena. Sadly my computer died and the game was lost forever. :cry:

Normally they will name it after a legend of the club. If you are in that group then theres a chance they will name it after you.

I've only been at Palace a mere 8 seasons for 2x FA cups, 2x League cups and a UEFA cup so i'm only a fan favorite :p

Hard lot to impress these Londoners.

Can anyone maybe suggest a website or something with tips on how to play this game well? I've got FM2014 but I can't seem to get into it due to not understanding tactics, losing too many games etc

**** you Graham Arnold.

I started the game in control of Perth and signed Arnold as my assistant. He was a loyal assistant manager as we dominated the A-League for 5 years. I finally get a contract offer from Arsenal and step up to the big leagues. They were struggling mid table but I managed to get them up to 2nd in the league in my second season. Suddenly, a consortium decides to take over the club, they kick me out, and guess who they hand the club to...

...yes, you guessed it...

Graham ****ing Arnold.

The Judas. The *****. I am still in his 'favored personnel' list! Maybe if I grovel he will give me a job as a scout...

**** you Graham Arnold.

I started the game in control of Perth and signed Arnold as my assistant. He was a loyal assistant manager as we dominated the A-League for 5 years. I finally get a contract offer from Arsenal and step up to the big leagues. They were struggling mid table but I managed to get them up to 2nd in the league in my second season. Suddenly, a consortium decides to take over the club, they kick me out, and guess who they hand the club to...

...yes, you guessed it...

Graham ****ing Arnold.

The Judas. The *****. I am still in his 'favored personnel' list! Maybe if I grovel he will give me a job as a scout...

lel

Though highly unusual for Australian managers to have a high enough WR to be considered for big jobs.

Double unlucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back